Custom Difficulty clarification

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2021 at 7:20 PM, neetengie said:

Custom difficulties don't supersede the other difficulty trophies do they? Even if the base is set on Hard and modifying everything else in the selection.

Late I know but what did you end up doing? I did not risk it myself and just did hard straight up. If you get the hard mode trophy with custom assuming you started a game as such then it'd be good to know for any future people who play this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 8:02 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Late I know but what did you end up doing? I did not risk it myself and just did hard straight up. If you get the hard mode trophy with custom assuming you started a game as such then it'd be good to know for any future people who play this.

Of course, I'm in the post/endgame (fight Rune God or the beast) so I'll post about if it popped when I'm done.

Sadly wasn't able to meet the qualifications for 40 season or less, but hopefully the hard mode pops.

EDIT: Turns out you can get the Hard mode trophy via Custom difficulty, which can make it easier due to the XP gains/limiter.

Edited by neetengie
Adding results of beating the game on custom.
  • Like 4

On 17/03/2021 at 7:23 AM, neetengie said:

Of course, I'm in the post/endgame (fight Rune God or the beast) so I'll post about if it popped when I'm done.

Sadly wasn't able to meet the qualifications for 40 season or less, but hopefully the hard mode pops.

EDIT: Turns out you can get the Hard mode trophy via Custom difficulty, which can make it easier due to the XP gains/limiter.

Very nice to hear, thanks for confirming. 

• 4 months later...

I got the following three trophies in a HARD CUSTOMS STORY MODE game:

Gold Trophy - Unparalleled Strategist (Clear the game on Hard Mode)

Silver Trophy - Renouncing Mana (Choose to suppress the Incarnation of Rune)

Silver Trophy - A Heroine's Understanding of Ego (Clear Main Mode as the United Islands of Mirelva)

I had played an easy match before this custom hard mode but, I would say that since these three popped under HARD CUSTOMS STORY MODE match, all trophies would/will.