Trophy Thoughts?

BradRedwoodFox

You don't need to touch Merciless at all, and it's not worth playing unless you absolutely don't want to grind bond the fast but boring way at the end of normal playthrough. You only start a playthrough on Merciless then can just reload the old save on first playthrough. 

If you do want to play Merciless, it's really fucking rough. You get like 3 shot by enemies at the very start of the game. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gage said:

You don't need to touch Merciless at all, and it's not worth playing unless you absolutely don't want to grind bond the fast but boring way at the end of normal playthrough. You only start a playthrough on Merciless then can just reload the old save on first playthrough. 

If you do want to play Merciless, it's really fucking rough. You get like 3 shot by enemies at the very start of the game. 

Dont you have to do a second playthrough due to the inmate registry 

Just now, Gage said:

You redo the unique enemy request in the final jail over and over for 10 - 15 hours. 

Best advice for this one is do it through remote play on PC and set up a macro to automatically accept the request, fast travel, walk to the boss and spam it with maxed out Alice Eiha attacks.

Then you can let that run while you go about your day and just have to walk your character back to the exit every five or so minutes (manually because it's impossible to set a macro not knowing where they'll be positioned after the battle).

1 hour ago, hash_braun said:

Best advice for this one is do it through remote play on PC and set up a macro to automatically accept the request, fast travel, walk to the boss and spam it with maxed out Alice Eiha attacks.

Then you can let that run while you go about your day and just have to walk your character back to the exit every five or so minutes (manually because it's impossible to set a macro not knowing where they'll be positioned after the battle).

I am now curious how to set up this Macro

11 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

I am now curious how to set up this Macro

Google 'ps4 remote play macro by komefai' and read how to setup and use it.

Once that's done you can set up PS4 Remote Play, record yourself doing the above actions once and then just hit play and watch it go by itself! Again the only thing is the macro will only be good up to the end of the fight and so you'll have to pick up the controller each time it's done and go back to base ready to start the request/macro again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hash_braun said:

It's even easier on PS5, as soon as you take your console offline it'll auto-populate your non-synced trophies :)

Ah cool, thanks for the reply

On a side note:

Really glad that the list is up, even though I only got a few trophies so far (it is less motivating when the list isn't up yet) one of them was a level up trophy and I really wanted to show it off, I guess.

Edited by Biertje373

3 hours ago, hash_braun said:

Google 'ps4 remote play macro by komefai' and read how to setup and use it.

Once that's done you can set up PS4 Remote Play, record yourself doing the above actions once and then just hit play and watch it go by itself! Again the only thing is the macro will only be good up to the end of the fight and so you'll have to pick up the controller each time it's done and go back to base ready to start the request/macro again.

Thanks for sharing this, I might or might not use this method but it's good to know there's options for grindy situations like this. 

4 minutes ago, elhaym1709 said:

Are there any difficult related trophies? 
I was having issues with bosses on Normal (maybe because it's my first "musou" game ever) and I switched the difficulty on Easy which is a piece of cake. 

Too bad it's not balanced at all :\

Nuh, you can play everything on easy. Only need to start Merciless for a trophy.

When people say that you only need to start nightmare difficulty, realize that the short tutorial maze still may pose some challenge (you'd have to start from beginning if you lose a battle). It's highly recommended that you are well prepared for the last battle in that tutorial maze (if my memory serves me right, prepare best wind element strikes) sry I'm not sure about the English translation just about to start the run. 

8 minutes ago, YokA_sun said:

When people say that you only need to start nightmare difficulty, realize that the short tutorial maze still may pose some challenge (you'd have to start from beginning if you lose a battle). It's highly recommended that you are well prepared for the last battle in that tutorial maze (if my memory serves me right, prepare best wind element strikes) sry I'm not sure about the English translation just about to start the run. 

You don't need to even need to progress any on Merciless, the trophy pops like right when you choose to start the playthrough. 

Edited by Gage

9 hours ago, Gage said:

You don't need to even need to progress any on Merciless, the trophy pops like right when you choose to start the playthrough. 

I just checked my progress. You are right, you don't need to proceed on merciless. However I found out the reason why one needs to finish the tutorial mazeL: It's whole lot faster on grinding experiences for that last trophy "eternal bonds" on the diamond monster in Shibuya jail/maze on the highest difficulty (damn what are those rare monsters called again in English version?). 

It's a lot more beneficial doing that than grinding on the low difficulty. It's 15 hours grind on metatron on normal difficulty according to Powerpyx' guide. It's completely waste of time. On merciless the rare monsters, it's 8-10 times faster.

I highly recommend using the first rare monster in the first maze on merciless for max bond (downside is that you need to come prepared with the best persona. Easy enough. Hopefully a guide can be posted by @BeforeJam )

Edited by YokA_sun
  • Like 1

If anyone is planning on doing Merciless, make sure you have a persona with Zio skills before starting NG+. The 1st miniboss in the tutorial area is a bit of a pain otherwise.

15 hours ago, YokA_sun said:

I just checked my progress. You are right, you don't need to proceed on merciless. However I found out the reason why one needs to finish the tutorial mazeL: It's whole lot faster on grinding experiences for that last trophy "eternal bonds" on the diamond monster in Shibuya jail/maze on the highest difficulty (damn what are those rare monsters called again in English version?). 

It's a lot more beneficial doing that than grinding on the low difficulty. It's 15 hours grind on metatron on normal difficulty according to Powerpyx' guide. It's completely waste of time. On merciless the rare monsters, it's 8-10 times faster.

I highly recommend using the first rare monster in the first maze on merciless for max bond (downside is that you need to come prepared with the best persona. Easy enough. Hopefully a guide can be posted by @BeforeJam )

How early can you start grinding treasure demons (the rare monsters)? I just cleared the first keep in Shibuya