Trophy Thoughts?

BradRedwoodFox

1 hour ago, SailorInaho said:

Does difficulty affect the amount of bond points you get? I have been doing metatron for about an hour now, would it give me more points if i went to Normal Difficulty? 

Not the Metatron boss on higher difficulties. I have seen people say that Dire Shadows give more EXP on Merciless and that you can refight them. I doubt I would have been good at Merciless so I just stayed on the Metatron grind. It is slow and tedious. I am at level 90 Bond and probably still have a few hours left since these levels need close to 200k experience to progress. Good luck with your grind. Maybe you feel more confident than me to take on Merciless.  

1 hour ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Not the Metatron boss on higher difficulties. I have seen people say that Dire Shadows give more EXP on Merciless and that you can refight them. I doubt I would have been good at Merciless so I just stayed on the Metatron grind. It is slow and tedious. I am at level 90 Bond and probably still have a few hours left since these levels need close to 200k experience to progress. Good luck with your grind. Maybe you feel more confident than me to take on Merciless.  

I took on Merciless, but i felt like just getting to sendai jail was gonna take me too much effort. I thought that grinding metatron while listening to music/podcasts though annoying, i would have 100% certainty that i could do it

Edited by SailorInaho
  • Like 1

On 19/2/2021 at 9:32 PM, Emanuele97G said:

not really, you must do all "Friend request" and some are missable (sort of side quests) and you must cook 12 different dishes and it's missable beacause recipes are missable that's all

Why are missable the recipe?

On 2.03.2021 at 8:21 AM, Tripple_Barnett said:

Finally done with that Eternal Bonds trophy grind. Good luck everyone else!

Give me your strenght, because god I am about to leave this damn game. I love it so much, but it's just painful to grind one enemy. At least in rpgs you can farm different enemies, not one fight -_-

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 4:57 PM, Forunth said:

Give me your strenght, because god I am about to leave this damn game. I love it so much, but it's just painful to grind one enemy. At least in rpgs you can farm different enemies, not one fight -_-

My advice set a daily goal. I set my goal for 5 levels a day although I usually went a little higher than that. You can take breaks in between, just make sure to reach your daily goal. Watching TV and listening to music helped me really pass the time. I know it is a really tedious grind, but I am sure you can push through it. 

After getting distracted by other games I'm back to finish off P5S. Just beat the story and Reaper today and started NG+ on Merciless.

To recap, I used the Billiken statue in Osaka to get my Bond level from 39 - 76 in 6 hours. When I beat the story the Bond level was 80, and then it hit 83 after the last requests. So now I'm speeding to the second jail on Merciless to grind the Dire Shadow there. Hopefully I'll gain a few more Bond levels getting there, too. I'll see where I'm at when I start that grind and how long it takes to get to 99.

Edit - Got the plat. It took me a little longer because I jumped into NG+ without getting the 4 endgame Personas. But the actual Bond Level grind is pretty easy. I was at 85 when I got to the Sendai jail Dire Shadow so it only took a few hours from there. It would've gone much faster if I already had the final Persona fused and ready to go, but I just used the same basic strat until then. Once you have that Persona, it's a breeze.

So, my advice to anyone looking to split up the grind a little is to use the statue in Osaka, then farm Metatron to make the last few Personas and level them up, then prep for NG+ and speedrun to the Dire Shadow in the second jail. Early game on Merciless is tough, but once you get out of that first trip to a Jail it gets way more manageable.  My total time was just over 70 hours, but I could have definitely cut that down by preparing more before going to Merciless. 

Edited by Static_Rook
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Is this plat really any more challenging than Persona 5 Royal or not? I played that game on easy and everything minus a few boss fights was easy.

I'm still gonna get this game at some point regardless. It's on sale for the next several weeks, and I might get it before the sale ends.

I know this game has some grindy quests. But I also know that the higher difficulty on the NG+ you don't even have to play. You just start it, and the trophy pops.

I

1 minute ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Is this plat really any more challenging than Persona 5 Royal or not? I played that game on easy and everything minus a few boss fights was easy.

I'm still gonna get this game at some point regardless. It's on sale for the next several weeks, and I might get it before the sale ends.

I know this game has some grindy quests. But I also know that the higher difficulty on the NG+ you don't even have to play. You just start it, and the trophy pops.

Royal is probably more challenging only because there's more stuff you can miss... I guess. I think the lower % on Strikers is due to the grind. There is nothing in Royal that even comes close to the bond grind. There is a missable in Strikers, but I played it without a guide and got it just by talking to the gang whenever there was free time. 

• Like 1