Diablo 2 Resurrected

DrakeHellsing

I played more than my share of Diablo and Diablo II back in the day. I wonder what the PC requirements since it’s the same game under the hood, just graphical updates and you can press a button to switch between them. I’d probably try to get all my cronies back together to play if it’s not too demanding. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Is it just the base vanilla game or is the expansion pack Lord of Destruction included

ive heard these rumors for years and always figured they would have a hard time implementing the expansion pack to consoles with the runewords and all

It mentions in the link that it included all the content from Lord of Destruction :)

• Like 2

This is supposed to hold us over until they release Diablo 4. If the price is right then I will pick it up. Otherwise I will wait for it to go on sale. Most of these remasters/ remakes go on sale pretty quickly. From what I remember, the game was a lot of fun but I doubt it will hold the test of time. Once you play Diablo 3 and then try to go back to Diablo 2, I think the nostalgic aspect will wear off pretty quickly. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

I'd like to know if people actually enjoyed this game without mods. I remember when D3 was going to be released I mentioned that I wanted Barbarian to be stronger in D3 and people always responded Barbarian was a beast. Sure, with mods. So how that is going to be translated to console.

I never played it online and I loved, but I know that people mostly played it online. It has been the only game I played glued to the screen, maybe 18 hours straight. lol

Edited by GoldenShaka

7 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I hate that Blizzard is like that abusive partner trying to lure me in on promise that they will get better. I love Diablo, but I refuse to support this company after what they've done to Warcraft III: Reforged

Vicarious visions is doing this remake from my understanding, blizzard scooped up the studio and they did an awesome job on the crash bandicoot remasters.

Just now, lurch_9944 said:

Vicarious visions is doing this remake from my understanding, blizzard scooped up the studio and they did an awesome job on the crash bandicoot remasters.

That is pretty reassuring. Still, the thing here is the principle and I hate reward Blizzard for their past bad behavior. When I vote with my wallet, I signal them that this behavior is ok and that's what frustrates me. 

54 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

It mentions in the link that it included all the content from Lord of Destruction :)

Sorry im at work i couldnt click it

thats dope

i remember losing my life to this game years ago 

Power leveling people in tristram summoning mephisto and diablo, bone walling them in

doing chaos and baal runs

but those were my pc days

i doubt ppl on consoles will be doing this

• Like 1

No joke, I played so much Diablo II back in the day that I bet I could recreate my OG characters from scratch. @GoldenShaka No mods, and I still had a blast grinding bosses over and over for those sweet sweet drops. There was so much item duplication that an entire micro-economy sprang up with Stones of Jordan being the base currency.

Can't wait to GIEV SOJ like it's 2001 again, it's going to be very weird to play without power-leveling and without a PvP economy for the first few months.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I hate that Blizzard is like that abusive partner trying to lure me in on promise that they will get better. I love Diablo, but I refuse to support this company after what they've done to Warcraft III: Reforged

Don't worry bud, the team behind Reforged, which was in charge of this before Vicarious Visions, was obliterated from existence. Karma can be a b***h sometimes.

Also, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY xDxDxD (lol jk) 

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Now all we need now is the first Diablo game.

We already have a console port for D1 but sadly it's on PS1 and was never published again digitally... it's a miracle if we got a GOG re-release of the original PC version with the Hellfire expansion.

Edited by Lance_87

30 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Ive never played any PC games with mods and I played a ton of Diablo II and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Never played Diablo III though. 

17 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

No joke, I played so much Diablo II back in the day that I bet I could recreate my OG characters from scratch. @GoldenShaka No mods, and I still had a blast grinding bosses over and over for those sweet sweet drops. There was so much item duplication that an entire micro-economy sprang up with Stones of Jordan being the base currency.

Cool, thanks for sharing, yes great times, I think that I had never grind before until I knew/played D2.

Edited by GoldenShaka

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I played more than my share of Diablo and Diablo II back in the day. I wonder what the PC requirements since it’s the same game under the hood, just graphical updates and you can press a button to switch between them. I’d probably try to get all my cronies back together to play if it’s not too demanding. 

As did I, the pc requirements are up on the blizzard launcher.

• Like 1

I remember diablo 2 was the first game i ever played on my pentium 2 350 mhz voodoo gpu setup. first pc. was a really good game, difficult too managed to get to hell using only auto attack since i was stupid and didn't know what a build was, and got stuck there trying to kill the bloody smith boss in hell for 6 months.

very memorable game, iconic cutscenes and voice acting, i remember getting shivers hearing the bosses speak, bellowing roaring savagery coming from the speakers. if new blizzard can even capture the atmposphere of that game, then i'll be impressed.

• Like 1