Diablo 2 Resurrected

DrakeHellsing

21 minutes ago, Deadvember said:

There's grindy and then there's 40,000 Baal runs to go from level 98 to 99. Like 1000 hours without dying as a hardcore which will involve playing careful at all times so you don't get 1 shot. There's no player 8 options either to speed up the xp.

You could be level 98, put 200 hours into level 99 and then die and have to start over.

A 99 softcore would have been hard enough, but hardcore seems insane. The only people who get this trophy will be people botting to 99 on pc and then transferring their character over to ps5 to pop the trophy. Which is stupid.

Wait, you can transfer progress from PC to PS5?

Im all for playing a game

but this is borderline ruin your life for a trophy

like seriously, neglect your wife and kids and fuck off from work, lose your job so you can meet up with your team regularly in hopes of getting a sliver of experience for the day to slowly inch your way up to the next character level just praying you dont die

and rinse and repeat that method for months on end

goodluck!

Edit: this game will be the end of gaming for some

my guess is people will lose their minds just attempting this platinum

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

Save backup?

I thought they confirmed save files were server side? 

2 minutes ago, Amalrik69 said:

From gamers perspective, yes, definitely.

From marketing perspective, absolutely not, as you need to buy the game twice to do so …

I'd happily pay $40 for level 99 if they want an extra $40. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadvember said:

I thought they confirmed save files were server side? 

I'd happily pay $40 for level 99 if they want an extra $40. 

I think the cross progression thing is for single player saves. So if theres going to be a hero editor type of deal for d2r, then it would make this trophy ez.

5 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

I think the cross progression thing is for single player saves. So if theres going to be a hero editor type of deal for d2r, then it would make this trophy ez.

I hope that happens, there's no way I'm getting this plat legit that's for sure.
Fingers crossed for a dev menu being left in the game or trophies auto popping by accident. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Im all for playing a game

but this is borderline ruin your life for a trophy

like seriously, neglect your wife and kids and fuck off from work, lose your job so you can meet up with your team regularly in hopes of getting a sliver of experience for the day to slowly inch your way up to the next character level just praying you dont die

and rinse and repeat that method for months on end

goodluck!

Edit: this game will be the end of gaming for some

my guess is people will lose their minds just attempting this platinum

This is one of those games you just play and get as many trophies as you can until it stops being fun. Anybody that's worried about their percentage should play on an alt. 

12 minutes ago, XTC-Krieger said:

5 minutes to the game and no offical list on the psn. Thats a record.

Not even close to a record yet. There a lot of games that launched and still didn't have trophies loaded. A Plague Tale: Innocence for PS5 even launched and was on Plus before the list was loaded over a day later: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/111182-where-is-the-ps5-trophy-list/

I can't believe they thought reaching level 99 was a good idea for a trophy. Not once but TWICE. Insane... I'm still going to play the game, but I'm not going to waste thousands of hours for the sake of one platinum.

But on the bright side, it's nice to play a game once in a while without giving two shits about trophies.