MVPP [Mar 2021] [Win Prize] [Sign up closed]

On 3/1/2021 at 6:20 AM, ArtikSkarab said:

As the contest is oficially started, I've already put in my first game: Goosebumps: The Game. A pretty simple point-and-click game that is doable in 3 hours with a guide. If you have PS Now, it's a pretty easy clear that somehow worth around 2400 points if my calculations are correct.

Speaking of calculations, I made a simple Goggle Sheet to try to calculate point values a bit easier until Stredde's site is live. Feel free to make a copy of it and use it to do some quick check-in for games you're not sure.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19nYVtr6d90ANowT2pssuHKmPvm7jyd9fesS5qpNdj-M/edit?usp=sharing

Have some more quickie games to put at first, but the main game that I would like to clear is finishing up Need for Speed: Most Wanted that I started for the February challenge, but those races are pretty difficult (only tried Turning Point once and I already know I will hate it). Hopefully, I get good enough luck to do it, but we will see.

Very cool! Thank you for this, it'll be very helpful for figuring out which games count.

With that said, I finished my first game that should count just yesterday, the Outer Wilds, which I was fixating on for the last four days. Sad to see it go, but now it's back to other games - the next games I'm going to play, Ys VIII and Need for Speed Heat, are unfortunately going to take a bit longer, though.

• Like 3

I noticed that the sign ups are shown as closed. Unless it's a restriction to the website or how things are calculated, I'd like to suggest that it remain open--especially since it counts towards a year-long competition. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but points earned after the join date could be calculated towards the goals. MVPP seems more casual than the other events you run as players can get credit for most games they complete and see their numbers grow. It's always a nice motivation to see numbers go up and it would encourage others to play higher quality games on average.

To answer your question/ask above @AuburnDRM the way I have design it, the leaderboard you would get that info is from the MVPP - Hall Of Platimon. Whenever you signed up all games you have in your profile that meet the requirements will be included. There you would see the numbers go up and down during the year every day (as in any of the other leaderboads of course)

The 
MVPP of the Year is more to praise the players who choose to signup for a lot/all of MVPP of Month and give them a chance to win a prize even if you did not win any MVPP of Month. Maybe you signed up for a month but then did not have that much time to play, but next month you have a new opportunity and would also give you the opportunity to get you one step closer to winning the MVPP of the Year!

But I have made a note about your suggestion/idea for the future. ?

4 hours ago, Stedde said:

60472db73b7441321a9a0fff_Screenshot%202021-03-09%20at%2009.11.04.png
The first release is now out!

Check it out here:
https://platimon.com/

There are a lot of things in my backlog to add, so keep your eyes open!
If you have any feedback or suggestions on features that you would like to see, please send them here or DM me.

Good Luck in the contest!

Great! Will you and the URL in the starting Post? Would be easier then to look for the URL on Page 4 :)

Thanls for All your work!

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

The site looks pretty snazzy. Great work.

Only comment I'll make is that it looks like it calculates all games and dosen't discriminate between the games below 2000 points and the games over it. Might have to tweak something.

I think games are all over 2k, but point values under it mean you got some of the trophies in another month. 

1 hour ago, PermaFox said:

So, if I sign up will I be in the MVP of the Month AND MVP of the Year events?  Sounds like a fantastic event!  If you still have room, please sign me up!

Correct!
But the March contest is closed, but you can join when we open up for April.
Then you will automatically be part of the MVPP of the Year contest.

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

The site looks pretty snazzy. Great work.

Only comment I'll make is that it looks like it calculates all games and dosen't discriminate between the games below 2000 points and the games over it. Might have to tweak something.

4 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

I think games are all over 2k, but point values under it mean you got some of the trophies in another month. 

Correct.
If you look at my "accomplishment" so far, I took the last trophies on Sly 1 which gave me 847p. 
But the whole game is 2109 p. But I did not earn those trophies this month.

Edited by Stedde

On 12/03/2021 at 3:07 PM, Stedde said:

Not there yet, but just to give you an update.
Soon you will have the possibility to search for Games to see if they meet the requirements for MVPP:
604bc8ea94938fa7a3f9e3ff_Screenshot%202021-03-12%20at%2021.01.02.png

Looks pretty good and will be easier to see them all at a glance than calculating them out. Unfortunately, it looks like it's calculating DLC points as well in your total as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed should be around 2450 for the base game by my count.

8 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Looks pretty good and will be easier to see them all at a glance than calculating them out. Unfortunately, it looks like it's calculating DLC points as well in your total as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed should be around 2450 for the base game by my count.

Thanks!
Correct.
The data is just "dummy" data for now as trying out a couple of different things, so don't look at the numbers now. ?

• Like 1

There's been some crazy fast points earners early this month!! 

On my end, things aren't exactly to fast, but are progressing somewhat smoothly (well, all thanks to me having a somewhat early save file and being able to find what my last key item on Ys VIII was, that allowed me to get several trophies that I was going crazy about having missed them.. That and the last Dana profile entry not showing up, but that one was actually story related..). 

Really enjoyed the game, and loved the fact that I was able to essentially do everything while playing blindly for most of the time (1 issue with bad transportation, the stuff above and the fish location was essentially all the info that I needed to look up, and most was on the trophy guide here!) 

Now I still have the Nightmare playthough, as well as get some random 15 trophies to set up my 15k milestone, so, quite on track to finish it this month! 

After that, we will see, I may return to Flatout 4, or Persona 5 Royal, or Calígula Effect, or Final Fantasy XV, or Nier Automata or Ghost of Tsushima.. Or just start something new.. But since I'm also targeting the 90% Completion mark, starting new games shouldn't be the best idea.. And I have so many nice games halfway into anyway.. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

On my end, things aren't exactly to fast, but are progressing somewhat smoothly (well, all thanks to me having a somewhat early save file and being able to find what my last key item on Ys VIII was, that allowed me to get several trophies that I was going crazy about having missed them.. That and the last Dana profile entry not showing up, but that one was actually story related..). 

I missed a bunch of stuff on my first playthrough, so it looks like I'll be mixing my Nightmare and completionist trophies. Oops. Hopefully that's not too much of a nightmare to finish. Definitely way behind you in terms of platinuming it, hopefully I'll have it finished by the end of the month, though!

But yeah, since the requirements for a game to qualify are rather lax and the rarity differential is low, playing long games isn't the most rewarding for this event - I've done well because I've platinumed a few medium length games; Need For Speed Heat and Outer Wilds both took me maybe 20-30 hours, then a few 10 hour games...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I missed a bunch of stuff on my first playthrough, so it looks like I'll be mixing my Nightmare and completionist trophies. Oops. Hopefully that's not too much of a nightmare to finish. Definitely way behind you in terms of platinuming it, hopefully I'll have it finished by the end of the month, though!

But yeah, since the requirements for a game to qualify are rather lax and the rarity differential is low, playing long games isn't the most rewarding for this event - I've done well because I've platinumed a few medium length games; Need For Speed Heat and Outer Wilds both took me maybe 20-30 hours, then a few 10 hour games...

Ouch, I was stressing a bit when I thought that I would have to do the same... 

I think that only a few things that can be avoided for true ending are really hard (a few quests that have a specific time to be done).

Everything else can be done after getting the True Ending on Nightmare and Lower the difficulty to easy. 

Good luck!! 

PS: in my case, other than a bit of Tekken 7 and Gems of War, I have been playing Ys VIII exclusively (complete playthough was about 65-68 hours if I'm not wrong). 

• Like 2