MVPP [Mar 2021] [Win Prize] [Sign up closed]

Can't say I've been taking this one seriously—I seem to be burned out after participating in so many events recently, so I've just been playing whenever I feel like it, without even checking if the games qualify.

I'll try harder with next month's Bracket Challenge, promise! ?

• Like 1

I'm not sure about this one, but just got Concrete Genie platinum :) 

It's a 50% rarity platinum on psnp, but only 5% on psn, so probably good for the 2000 points i guess !

I was nicely surprised by this game, usually i don't like those kind of game because they are so "poetic and blablabla", but this one was really original, and i really enjoyed it from start to the end ^^ (maybe not the last hour just to get those collectibles -_-)

• Like 1

You should take some time of rest ScarecrowsFate?

MVPP is probably more like a ”background” challenge, since it will run every month with the possibility to win a small prize. The more interesting thing might be the Hall Of Platimon which you work against all the time to see how you move up/down on the leaderboard, as long as you sign up once. All the other Challenges I will be running you need to plan a little more etc.

I haven't gotten a single platinum this month. I was so focused on finishing the multiplayer of Ghost of Tsushima. I had a really great group to run the raid last weekend and finally got that 100% yesterday. I'm very happy. Of course I already had the platinum, so I'm still at square one for the contest. 

I have been playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon which is fairly long and hopefully can still finish it by the end of the month. Not sure if it has enough points though x) 

• Like 3

Ugh, I have a ton of <15 hour games that qualify for the event without being very hard, but unfortunately I've been completely obsessed with the Long Journey Home for the last week, and it'll probably take me another to platinum it (assuming it doesn't glitch on me.) Guess I'll save that bit of game spamming for next month's event, assuming the rarity rules are the same.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Ugh, I have a ton of <15 hour games that qualify for the event without being very hard, but unfortunately I've been completely obsessed with the Long Journey Home for the last week, and it'll probably take me another to platinum it (assuming it doesn't glitch on me.) Guess I'll save that bit of game spamming for next month's event, assuming the rarity rules are the same.

Sounds you are ready and have a good plan for next month. ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stedde said:

As I stated before, one week left of MVPP for March, so what better way then to release (better late than never 1f60a.png) the Game Search, where you can view if a game meets the requirement to be included!
605b862c11dfd84d7e6c1640_Screenshot%202021-03-24%20at%2019.33.25.png

Cool! I was about to ask you if Caligula Effect would count lol (that game as over 20% rarity on PSN, but tons of UR here on PSNP, likely due to Vita Hackers..).

I'm still working on my second playthrough of Ys VIII, and should be able to finish it by next weekend (still need 13 extra trophies to hit 15k with Ys VIII plat, but that's easy to get).

I'm not sure how next month will go, because I don't want to start new games, but at the same time I want to play P5S, and before playing P5S, I want to finish P5R and play P5DIS, so, that's a potential playlist for me next month... That or continue to clean up (maybe Flatout 4, yet again, plus Hitman or Star Ocean 5 or Nier Automata or Ghost of Tsushima.. I really need to re-focus before starting to many more interesting games..)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

Nice work on the game search! I was curious about a couple and it seems they're all winners, so that's great.

On another note, when exactly does the event end? I know it's 3/31, but I mean moreso which timezone are we going by 1f914.png

Thanks! ?
This is just the first version, more features will be added.

It's UTC.

Here is a countdown timer:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gaming?iso=20210331T235959&p0=1440&msg=MVPP+March+ends&font=cursive

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

Don't forget about the yearly leaderboard that will be implemented! This is honestly more of a marathon than a sprint, all things considered. I've been knocking out a lot of my quicker games these past few months so I'm sure they will run out relatively soon. There will be plenty of time to catch up. 1f642.png

Personally, I'm just happy to see people enjoying the event. Setting goals and watching yourself grow should be (imo) the most fun part of the event. Since it's fairly lax, progress can be made without much effort and by simply working on the hobby over time. I'm hoping more join in the future since this is a great way for people to compare with others without having to worry about being active for over a decade of trophy hunting.

Well said AuburnDRM!

This is my idea/philosophy for creating this contest. Some months you might be able to invest more time than others. But in the long run you can view and see your progress.  
We all have different lifesituations, setups and time to invest in playing games. There will be periods when time is scarce, other times you might have all the time in the world.

There will be other contest (like one of my other April contest 100% Bracket Challenge Apr 2021 that need more planning and effort and sometimes that is what are after, sometimes not.
My goal is to find something fun for everybody, to help/give that extra push to clear you backlog and at the same time have some fun doing it!

We should not forget that we should play games and have fun!

I have so many ideas in my backlog that I want to test/evolve. So let's see what the future holds! ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

I've been knocking out a lot of my quicker games these past few months so I'm sure they will run out relatively soon.

Looking at Downwell, Splasher, OlliOlli2 and Tricky Towers; I wouldn't class any of them as 'quick' games...

13 minutes ago, Stedde said:

My goal is to find something fun for everybody, to help/give that extra push to clear you backlog and at the same time have some fun doing it!

We should not forget that we should play games and have fun!

I've always been a bit competitive but gaming is always fun. Having children does change my abilities quite a bit :P

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Looking at Downwell, Splasher, OlliOlli2 and Tricky Towers; I wouldn't class any of them as 'quick' games...

I've always been a bit competitive but gaming is always fun. Having children does change my abilities quite a bit :P

Having kids on my own I understand where you are coming from.
So that is my I have some ideas for challenges for us "Dads-who-play-games-but-have-less-time"! ?

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Man i haven't finished a single game which counts for this event. The only one i thought i could (Lego Indiana Jones 2) i decided to use in the challenge next month instead 1f602.png

That is just how it is some months! 
There is a new chance here MVPP [Apr 2021] [Win Prize] [Sign up Open until 1/4] if you want to redeem yourself! ?

I had a lot of fun with this event. I got PS Now for free at the beginning of the month, so I could knock out some easier and quicker platinums than the ones that I already own. Having the Leaderboard available really bolstered my competitiveness. I'll try to finish up two more games today, but I'll definitely be back for next month's event.

So thanks again for hosting these events. (:

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I spent most of my gaming time this month on AC Valhalla. Yeah, I’m only about half way done with that.  What a grind.

I did manage three qualifying plats: a fun little coop experience, cleanup of a VN I started months ago, and my #350 milestone plat for a game I started 12 years ago. 

• Like 3