Getting started with Trophy Guide 2.0

Hateandhatred

Sup fellows:

I'm about to finish my 6th playthrough of the game, and I'm feeling ready to start writing an update to my previous guide for this game (the Japanese version on playstationtrophies).

I've already sent a bunch of fixes to an admin on there for that guide, but I'll make a better one for the English version. I'd like to know what you guys would like to see in it.

I'll probably scrap the gigantic walkthrough entirely since it shouldn't be needed in this version, but I'll instead put a LOT more screenshots and videos. The vast majority of maps will have their own screenshots. Petals will have their own video (I messed up Noble District in my current playlist on the topic and accidentally collected a Cultural Heritage Site petal, so once I'm done with this playthrough, I'll do another one on very easy just to fix that).

Apart from those, I've received tips and suggestions on a trophy hunting group on Facebook, and on here as well. Since I'm about-ish to get started, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Edited by Hateandhatred
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Hateandhatred said:

I'll probably scrap the gigantic walkthrough entirely since it shouldn't be needed in this version,

Imo this is okay. There are already many walkthroughs available on the web now. So if someone needs a walkthrough, the player will be able to find one.

but I'll instead put a LOT more screenshots and videos. The vast majority of maps will have their own screenshots. Petals will have their own video (I messed up Noble District in my current playlist on the topic and accidentally collected a Cultural Heritage Site petal, so once I'm done with this playthrough, I'll do another one on very easy just to fix that).

When doing a video for the petals, I think that it would be good to show the district at first as whole, then zoom into the location and showing near map markers as a reference. Also when you like to show to get from one petal position to the next, I would show the whole way you go to collect the petal. I write this because some collectible guides, where people warp through the map without explanations and collect things from the whole map mixed together are prominent on the web, but make it hard to follow.

Apart from those, I've received tips and suggestions on a trophy hunting group on Facebook, and on here as well. Since I'm about-ish to get started, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it.

The exact timing when some "people/character notes" can be collected should be made clear. I used this list, copied it in a onenote file and made some more annotations. I think that everything that was accompanied with "obtained as part of the story" was not missable at all. But I think that all entries I marked with orange are missable, even companions if you do not do the optional side missions. For gifts and skills: Maybe write also down which shop sells them. If I remember correctly, Sill never sold gifts, skill books and recepies?

If you like, you can use the "people/character notes" list in the spoilers.

Spoiler

Monstrums

Adol (Crimson King) - Obtained as part of the story

1. Full Moon Grimwald – Obtained as part of the story in Chapter 4

2. Coming To – Obtained as part of the story at the beginning of Chapter 8

3. Crimson King’s Pact – Obtained as part of the story at the beginning of Chapter 9

4. Egg of Draupnir – Obtained as part of the story at the end of Chapter 9

Krysha (White Cat) - Obtained as part of the story

1. One Step Forward – Obtained as part of the story after completing Chapter 2

2. Sister Figure – Speak with her and Arche in the basement of the Dandelion at the start of Chapter 5

3. Coming-of-age – Enter the Pendleton Company during Chapter 8

4. Recognized Potential – She is sleeping at the central table in the basement, just speak with her at the Dandelion during the beginning of Chapter 9

Credo (Feral Hawk) - Obtained as part of the story

1. Solitude of Genius – Obtained as part of the story after completing Chapter 3

2. A Lesson to Remember – Gift him Stylish Glasses, which can be obtained from Maxim in Central District during Chapter 6

3. Berserker’s Blood – Obtained after completing the Belger’s Request quest

4. Depths of the Heart – Speak with him at the Dandelion during Chapter 9

Anemona (Doll) - Obtained as part of the story

1. A Doll’s Duty – Speak with her and Arche at the beginning of Chapter 6 in the basement of Dandelion

2. Tea for Two – Gift her the Miniature Teacup, which you can obtain from Maxim’s Black Market Shop in Central District during Chapter 7

3. Distant Memories – Speak with her in Balduq Cemetery during Chapter 8

4. One’s Heart – Speak with her at the Dandelion during Chapter 9 >> Loyalty Event

Yufa (Raging Bull) - Obtained as part of the story

1. Weary and Worn – Obtained as part of the story in Chapter 4

2. Parentified – Obtained as part of the story in Chapter 5

3. Forever Family – Speak with her at the Dandelion during Chapter 9

4. Putting Down Roots – Obtained as part of the story at the end of Chapter 9

Jules (Renegade) - Obtained as part of the story

1. Paternal Resentment – Obtained as part of the story at the beginning of Chapter 7

2. A World Yet Unseen – Gift him The Five Dragons, which you can purchase from Edouard’s Bookstore in Central District during Chapter 7

3. Hopes for the Future – Speak with him at the Dandelion after completing His Father’s Son quest

4. Coffin Unnailed – Exit the Central District at the end of Chapter 9 to trigger a cutscene

Friends

Aprilis - Obtained as part of the story

1. Algor Mortis – Obtained as part of the story at the beginning of Chapter 8

2. Replicant – Obtained as part of the story during Chapter 8

3. Those Beside Her – Speak with her at the Dandelion during Chapter 9

4. By Our Own Hands – Obtained as part of the story at the end of Chapter 9

Dogi - Obtained as part of the story

1. Dogi the Wallcrusher – Obtained after completing the Calling All Strongmen! quest

2. First Encounter – Gift him the Esterian Apple, which you can purchase from Paulette’s Produce in the Main Square during Chapter 7

3. Bosom Buddies – Speak with Dogi in the Dandelion during Chapter 8 >> Loyalty Event

Parks - Obtained as part of the story

1. Adventuresome Qualities – Gift him the Trick Deck, which you can craft at Maxim’s Black Market in the Central District in Chapter 5

2. “Parks” – Obtained by completing the Final Dispossession quest

3. By Authority of the Cardinal – Enter the Pendleton Company in the Central District at the end of Chapter 9 then leave to trigger a cutscene with Ingrid.

Chante - Obtained as part of the story

1. Past Unveiled – Gift him the Rainbow Earrings, which you can purchase from the Pendleton Company in Central District during Chapter 7

2. Beloved – Speak with him in the Dandelion at the beginning of Chapter 8

3. Rising Hotspot – Obtained as part of the story at the end of Chapter 9

Tito - Obtained after completing the Missing Family Report quest

1. Father’s Legacy – Gift him the Razor-Sharp Knife, which you can purchase from Rijndael Antiques at Artisan Lane in Chapter 4

2. Craftsman’s Prospects – Speak with him in the Dandelion at the beginning of Chapter 6

3. Sibling Aspirations – Forge a legendary weapon using the Mythical Blueprints that you can obtain from a treasure chest at Fool’s Jail >> Loyalty Event afterwards

Silhouette - Obtained after completing the Maid in Amiss quest

1. Errand Runner – Speak with her in the Dandelion at the beginning of Chapter 4

2. Sense of Gratitude – Gift her Coffee Beans, which you can purchase from Jessica’s Brewery at the Entertainment District

3. Demasked…Eventually – Complete the Tree Stumped quest then return to Dandelion and speak with her

Iris - Obtained after completing the Prison Rescue quest

1. Princess Eleanor – Obtained after completing the Iris of the Storm quest

2. Plain Old Iris – Gift her Portrait of a Girl, which you can obtain from Maxim’s Black Market in Central District during Chapter 8 >> Afterwards see her loyalty event.

3. Bright Future Ahead – Speak with her in the Dandelion at the end of Chapter 9

Lucien - Obtained as part of the story

1. Beneath Two Shadows – Gift him Potent Ointment, which you can purchase from Lillet’s Gift Shop in the Entertainment District during Chapter 7

2. Seneschal’s Purpose – Obtained after completing The Errant Knights quest

3. Oath by Sword and Soul – Speak with him at the Relief Tile in the Hieroglyph Commandery during Chapter 9 >> Loyalty Event.

Saradhi - Obtained by completing the Illness Inquiry quest

1. Money Runs the World – Gift her the Mandragora Root, which can be found in a chest at Quarry Mines during Chapter 7

2. A Thrilling Vocation – Obtained by completing A Fool and Her Treasure… quest

3. Hidden Side – Speak with her in the Dandelion at the beginning of Chapter 9

Margot - Obtained by completing the Tobacco to Go quest

1. National Pride – Gift her the Vintage Wine, which you can purchase from Nirvana in Shantytown during Chapter 7

2. For What the Bells Toll – Obtained by completing the Peril of the Bells quest

3. Gllia’s Turning Point – Speak with her at the Dandelion during Chapter 9

Maxim - Obtained by speaking with the Shady Man in the southeastern part of the Central District. To find him, head up the stairs across from the Relief Tile then proceed to the alley just past the building on the right.

1. Prison Connections – Obtained during the Prison Rescue quest

2. Secret Royal Decree – Obtained by completing the Prison Infiltration quest

3. Here on Out – Gift him the Prime Smoked Meat, which you can purchase from Durfee’s Butchery in Main Square during Chapter 9, then speak with him again >> Loyalty Event

Xavier - Obtained as part of the story during Chapter 8

1. Holy Swordsman’s Lament – Obtained by completing the Life by the Sword quest

2. The Odd Couple – Speak with him outside the Pendleton Company in the Central District at the end of Chapter 9

Morhiban - Obtained by inspecting the end of the dock in the Main Square using Doll’s gift during Chapter 8

1. Gllia’s Living Encyclopedia – Speak with it in the Dandelion at the beginning of Chapter 9

2. Peace at Last – Speak with it in the Dandelion at the end of Chapter 9

Collaborators/Other

Carla - Obtained by inquiring at the Pendleton Company in Chapter 2

1. Tough Love – Obtained as part of the story after completing Chapter 2

2. Whether Near or Far – Speak with her at the Dandelion in Chapter 7

3. Research Wing Rescue – Obtained as part of the story during Chapter 8

Belger - Obtained as part of the story

1. Fated Adversary – Obtained as part of the story in Chapter 3

2. Temporary Truce – Obtained as part of the story in Chapter 8

3. Soldier’s Gratitude – Obtained as part of the story at the end of Chapter 9

Chatelard - Obtained as part of the story

1. Hieroglyph Knights’ Founder – Obtained as part of the story in Chapter 3

2. The Master’s Ambitions – Obtained as part of the story at the beginning of Chapter 8

3. A Meeting With Misery – Obtained as part of the story during Chapter 8

4. Chivalric Knight – Obtained as part of the story during Chapter 8

Ingrid - Obtained as part of the story

1. Adol Christin Must Die – Obtained as part of the story during Chapter 6

2. Fugitive from the Knights – Travel to the Entertainment District Relief Tile during Chapter 8

3. I’ve Got You Now! – Enter the Pendleton Company in the Central District at the end of Chapter 9 then leave to trigger a cutscene with her

Marius - Obtained as part of the story at the beginning of Chapter 9

1. To the Real Me, Someday – Obtained by completing the Final Dispossession quest

Zola - Obtained as part of the story during Chapter 8

1. Father of Alchemy – Obtained as part of the story at the beginning of Chapter 9

2. Research’s Fruition – Obtained as part of the story at the end of Chapter 9

• Also in every chapter I think there was a red portal (mandatory) and a blue portal (optional). It was always needed to clear the blue portal to get access for all petals and graffiti. Can´t remember if some side quests or thier objectives where locked behind those blue portals.
  • Since I always leveled up my characters in the beginning of every chapter until they had the same level as the lemures I was nearly swimming every time in Nox points and tried to always have 200 points of the end of every chapter to get enough twilight shards for matterial trading. 
  • Also I cleared every blue portal after I cleared the red one, so maybe write down if blue portals are missable when they are not cleared in the same chapter they appeared.
  • Also there was only one chest in the "Prison Adol" segments which prison Adol can not collect, but can be collected afterwards with the main party (Drawbridge treasure on top of one drawbridge). So maybe make clear that it is intended for prison Adol to not reach this chest.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Killbomb said:

For some of the character notes that list says "at the end of chapter 9". I am right before the final boss and I'm not getting the cutscenes. Should I defeat the final boss first?

There are a few you'll get after the final boss.

Make sure to talk to all the NPC's you see when you're leaving[/spoilers]

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Geridian said:

When doing a video for the petals, I think that it would be good to show the district at first as whole, then zoom into the location and showing near map markers as a reference. Also when you like to show to get from one petal position to the next, I would show the whole way you go to collect the petal. I write this because some collectible guides, where people warp through the map without explanations and collect things from the whole map mixed together are prominent on the web, but make it hard to follow.

• Also in every chapter I think there was a red portal (mandatory) and a blue portal (optional). It was always needed to clear the blue portal to get access for all petals and graffiti. Can´t remember if some side quests or thier objectives where locked behind those blue portals.
  • Since I always leveled up my characters in the beginning of every chapter until they had the same level as the lemures I was nearly swimming every time in Nox points and tried to always have 200 points of the end of every chapter to get enough twilight shards for matterial trading. 
  • Also I cleared every blue portal after I cleared the red one, so maybe write down if blue portals are missable when they are not cleared in the same chapter they appeared.
  • Also there was only one chest in the "Prison Adol" segments which prison Adol can not collect, but can be collected afterwards with the main party (Drawbridge treasure on top of one drawbridge). So maybe make clear that it is intended for prison Adol to not reach this chest.

The way I went around doing the petals videos is by focusing  on a single district at a time, start at the entrance, then run and collect petals in a pre planned route that covers all of them. I thought it worked quite well.

I can confirm some quests are indeed locked behind some blue petals, especially late in the game. The rest of what you pointed out is already in my previous guide, and will definitely stay there!

Thanks a lot :)

15 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

There are a few you'll get after the final boss.

Reveal hidden contents

Make sure to talk to all the NPC's you see when you're leaving[/spoilers]

Thanks. I was paranoid about missing anything since I won't have time for a second playthrough with Persona 5 Strikers releasing soon. Just have boss rush left now for Platinum. 

Just now, Killbomb said:

Thanks. I was paranoid about missing anything since I won't have time for a second playthrough with Persona 5 Strikers releasing soon. Just have boss rush left now for Platinum. 

You should have 66 out of 78 entries before the final boss (84.6%)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2021 at 9:31 AM, FielVeredus said:

I am starting this platinum after done with AC, so this will be very welcome and thanks in advance for the guide :)

Thanks! I'm still working on it =) My real life job is getting a little crazy these days, but I'm still making progress with the guide.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2564 at 5:49 AM, Hateandhatred said:

Thanks! I'm still working on it =) My real life job is getting a little crazy these days, but I'm still making progress with the guide.

Since there is someone bringing this up, i would use this chance to ask and better prepare myself too.

Is 'Weaken Enemies and Retry' option ruin Nightmare run ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I got platinum and I have to say it's not difficult, you just have to keep an eye out for the missables trophies.

One thing to keep in mind, I finished the game thinking that it would leave me just before the final boss, but it was not like that, it gives you the option of new game + and that's it. Then I return to my main save before final fight, I finish completing the map, get all the chests, increasing the attack with strength elexir for nightmare difficulty, eliminate all the enemies ... the fact is that I only had a few enemies left with which I hadn't fought and I only had 3 left from the final fight, which I had fought but as I had reloaded the save they didn't appear in journal -> enemies. That is why I had the time attack unlocked, so seeing a guide on the internet that said mode has fixed the characters, that is, it does not currently use your current characters (when I finished the game and tried time attack, I thought that the game had saved the Adol's stats that I had at that time in the story for combat), I got into fighting the boss rush before the game on nightmare difficulty. To my surprise, the all monsters trophy unlocked at the moment I entered to battle the first boss in time attack, so my question is, does the game save general stats? I had already fought the 3 that were missing in a reloaded game (the 3 from the final battle) even though they didn't appear, but didn't unlock when I fought Vakh Medios (my last enemy). Could it be that the game when entering time attack understands that you have fought against the last 3?

Edited by tamusic6