PS5 to PS4 Autopop

Nameless600

Quick question in regards to the trophies auto popping if you played the PS5 version first.

I just got the platinum for the PS5 version of Valhalla. I bought the PS4 disk version (for obvious reasons due to the multiple copies of the game) so I was debating doing the PS4 stack of the game.

I've seen a lot of information in regards to auto-popping trophies if you played the PS4 version first, then uploaded/downloaded your save on the PS5 version, but very little information on the opposite direction. I did try and nothing auto-popped but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Has anyone else tried this or had issues with this?

I realllllllly don't want to do the 800+ collectibles, 19 rounds of Orlog, & grinding all of the stuff for the level 6 village if at all possible.

Thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nameless600 said:

Quick question in regards to the trophies auto popping if you played the PS5 version first.

I just got the platinum for the PS5 version of Valhalla. I bought the PS4 disk version (for obvious reasons due to the multiple copies of the game) so I was debating doing the PS4 stack of the game.

I've seen a lot of information in regards to auto-popping trophies if you played the PS4 version first, then uploaded/downloaded your save on the PS5 version, but very little information on the opposite direction. I did try and nothing auto-popped but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Has anyone else tried this or had issues with this?

I realllllllly don't want to do the 800+ collectibles, 19 rounds of Orlog, & grinding all of the stuff for the level 6 village if at all possible.

Thanks!

There are other threads about this nams -.-

They dont autopop straight away, you have to do something in game to trigger them it seems. and not everything will autopop. its best to have a save before finding all collectibles or you will have to redo it.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

10 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

There are other threads about this nams -.-

They dont autopop straight away, you have to do something in game to trigger them it seems. and not everything will autopop. its best to have a save before finding all collectibles or you will have to redo it.

Pretty sure no, this is if you played the PS4 version and then uploaded the save on the PS5. I'm asking the reverse order if it works the same.

I did try to play a game of orlog and get a random chest to activate the related trophies but doesn't look like its going to happen.

I do have a save about 2 hours out from all collectibles (just needed to do asgard/jotunheim), maybe i'll use that save and hopefully some stuff will pop while im just running around.

Somewhat answered my own question.

Played for about 20 more minutes on my 100% save. Fast travelled, played a game of orlog, opened a chest, completed a mission (the new snake pit/dagger mission), wandered around a bit, fast travelled a few more times, bought stuff from the store, and after all that no trophy popped.

I accepted a contract mission and went to it. Killed the first bodyguard and BOOM trophies popped left and right. In the end, all but 4 trophies popped.

Calling in a Favor - Completed the Suthsexe Arc

As It Was Foretold - Complete "the Prophecy" Storyline

Completionist All the Way! - Complete all territories

Orlog Champion - Beat all the Orlog players

After these popped I completed the contract, went and grabbed another and completed it. Slept. Checked the alliance map, went to Asgard, then to Norway and no more trophies popped.

So most should pop now, however its a question of why those 4 random ones did not.

I'll poke around a bit more and let everyone know if I am able to unlock those 4

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Nameless600 said:

Played for about 20 more minutes on my 100% save. Fast travelled, played a game of orlog, opened a chest, completed a mission (the new snake pit/dagger mission), wandered around a bit, fast travelled a few more times, bought stuff from the store, and after all that no trophy popped.

I accepted a contract mission and went to it. Killed the first bodyguard and BOOM trophies popped left and right. In the end, all but 4 trophies popped.

After these popped I completed the contract, went and grabbed another and completed it. Slept. Checked the alliance map, went to Asgard, then to Norway and no more trophies popped.

So most should pop now, however its a question of why those 4 random ones did not.

I'll poke around a bit more and let everyone know if I am able to unlock those 4

I don't think they are random because the suthsexe and orlog tophies didn't auto pop for me as well

7 hours ago, ShahinMiah said:

Can we now ban all future questions related to autopops? There are now multiple threads on this topic which give out plenty of details such as yes/no auto pop or do something before autopops

I still am not fully understanding why everyone else is not understanding this. I searched the PSNP forums and a few other forums on the internet and nothing was related to if you played the PS5 version of the game and wanted to do the autopop of the PS4 version.

I don't think its safe to assume that it works the exact same way both ways, and from what I saw, it doesn't. More seem to pop from PS5 to PS4 then PS4 to PS5, they are also different trophies that do not/do pop.

Also relax, i just looked and there are about 4 out of 70 threads that are related to auto-popping. Also things change and no one's going to go back to page 3 of the forums to look for a possible out of date answer. This is an "live" game that changes on the weekly, I think its important to keep the info flowing.

Edited by Nameless600
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Nameless600 said:

I still am not fully understanding why everyone else is not understanding this. I searched the PSNP forums and a few other forums on the internet and nothing was related to if you played the PS5 version of the game and wanted to do the autopop of the PS4 version.

This thread was supposed to be collecting this information for PS4 -> PS5 AND PS5 -> PS4, but it doesn't look like it was ever fleshed out or updated recently

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/98116-cross-platform-games-to-have-2-lists-auto-pop-details/

I was pretty certain PS5 to PS4 autopops weren't a think, so I'm actually surprised you managed to get this to work at all. Although, based on the trophies you haven't yet earned on the PS4 version, is it even worth trying to autopop. You're still going to have to play up until the second to last area in regards the main quest and fully complete all territories?

If you do end up having to do that, it seems you've just created a 70-100 hour grind for collectibles and main quests, with no trophies to earn along the way.

39 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I was pretty certain PS5 to PS4 autopops weren't a think, so I'm actually surprised you managed to get this to work at all. Although, based on the trophies you haven't yet earned on the PS4 version, is it even worth trying to autopop. You're still going to have to play up until the second to last area in regards the main quest and fully complete all territories?

If you do end up having to do that, it seems you've just created a 70-100 hour grind for collectibles and main quests, with no trophies to earn along the way.

Completely agree that it probably isn't' worth it unless you made saves, but its good information to know that you could make saves before Susexe, prophecy storyline, and a few collectibles out from that.

That's where im at, have a save that i need to do all collectibles in Jotenheim and a few random ones around England but have Asgard, Vinland, Norway, and 95% of England done so thats not going to be terrible. BUT I have no story saves so i'll have to replay the whole story :(

Orlog also doesn't take a crazy amount of time and is decent fun.

Edited by Nameless600

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/02/2021 at 8:02 PM, Nameless600 said:

This info right here is no where else so yes this thread is required as I looked through all the others and actually gave up on my PS4 stack from my PS5 save until I saw this. Luckily I have saves before the other 4 so should be an easy win 

Thanks for the info!

2 hours ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Is there a chance of PS5 -> PS4 Autopop of getting your account flagged?

I probably just do (in this case another Ubisoft game) Watch Dogs Legion on PS5 first, after that on PS4.

Doubt it. The moderators will be aware of cross save abilities and save manipulations! There’s already a thread about it too so I’m sure it’s been discussed 

3 hours ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Is there a chance of PS5 -> PS4 Autopop of getting your account flagged?

I probably just do (in this case another Ubisoft game) Watch Dogs Legion on PS5 first, after that on PS4.

No,if you got the first platinum of legit form will not be flagged ever

On 23/02/2021 at 3:29 PM, DaivRules said:

This thread was supposed to be collecting this information for PS4 -> PS5 AND PS5 -> PS4, but it doesn't look like it was ever fleshed out or updated recently

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/98116-cross-platform-games-to-have-2-lists-auto-pop-details/

It’s something I was looking into doing until I saw this thread had already been made. I’ve mentioned in it but the guy hasn’t updated it in ages! 

Wonder if a step by step guide for AC Valhalla save transfer would be useful? Wouldn’t take me long to whip one up. A bit like the control 100% one and then people can finally stop making new threads 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2021 at 2:58 PM, Nameless600 said:

I don't think its safe to assume that it works the exact same way both ways, and from what I saw, it doesn't. More seem to pop from PS5 to PS4 then PS4 to PS5, they are also different trophies that do not/do pop.

And THIS is why there is always going to be a different thread regarding a different game. On every other thread, it's people telling people, "nothing will autopop, PS4 to PS3 didn't autopop either, blah blah".

Yet you've actually got it to pop in reverse... So well done :D