Borderlands 3 DLC’s are highway robbery

arcanehornet_

5 minutes ago, IronEden-13 said:

Tbh this is bad, but nowhere near as bad as zombie army 4. 

Hahaha yeah, they’re on their second season pass as well I think lol

18 minutes ago, Sn1per666999 said:

The season pass promised 4 DLC's. They delivered that. It never meant that was all they would release.

$50 is high though that's why I waited until it was $30.

Doesn’t mean it’s okay to randomly make a second, lazier season pass to siphon more cash from customers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

The first season pass was fine, but the second is just a cash grab.

This^

The first Season Pass just about justified its existence but so far the second one has been completely worthless and the final DLC doesn't sound like it's going to be much better. The cosmetics though are hideously over priced for what they are and should have either been included with one of the Season Passes or patched in for free. I'm lucky I got the cosmetics for free with the Super Deluxe Edition but would have been really angry if I had bought them separately.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Are the first DLCs good though, at least? If not, that would make this excessive monetization even worse somehow..

Not even close. They're slightly above meh at best with the Hammerlock DLC being the most interesting one but that's still a very low bar to gauge things on. Even at they're worst, the DLCs for BL2 and TPS are many times better than the crap we've received so far for BL3.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 1 month later...

I thought the Year 1 season pass was great. 4 separate campaign add-ons all with a different flair and new gear. Put a lot of hours into each one.

The Year 2 season pass has been absolute trash. Arms Race is hot garbage. It actually could have been such a cool concept but Gearbox half-assed it. The only reason I played it more than once was for the stupid trophy where you have to extract 100 items. I highly doubt the second piece of this season pass can do anything to justify the $30 I spent...

• Like 3

Could be worse, The Surge devs  made a complete edition of the game, only to later on add a DLC not part of it and suddenly they  came up with the word "augmented", or Final Fantasy  15 with Ardyn DLC not being part of the Royal edition.

Buying DLCs  looks more and more like  a slot machine, where you need to be lucky the devs think enough is enough.

15 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Season pass 2 is on sale!! 

Might buy it but my question is, will it cover future DLC? Heard there is a new one coming out soon (mid April). 

The April DLC is included with the season 2 pass.  But I think that's it.  Anything after that would most likely be a season 3 I'm guessing.

I try to avoid games with multiple season passes and tons of DLCs, feels really scammy...

Base price for the 1st season pass is waaaaaay too high, I got the base game for half of Season Pass 1 price on sale, can we agree there's something wrong with marketing here?

I'll make sure to avoid Gearbox published games in the future.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm not paying more than $15 for the second season pass. Getting it 50% off at least means you're getting one whole DLC for free. 

i'm with ya on that. it's the last on my priority's list.

• Like 1

season passes typically cover a season of dlc, and most games only get one season. doom eternal has a year 1 pass, I imagine it'll get another pass next year, same for zombie army 4 thats free with plus in april, the season pass gets you all the stuff they added post launch, but after thats up the rest costs more. I don;'t expect devs to continue working for free. an in the case of aombie army 4 and doom eternal it's been worth it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

season passes typically cover a season of dlc, and most games only get one season. doom eternal has a year 1 pass, I imagine it'll get another pass next year, same for zombie army 4 thats free with plus in april, the season pass gets you all the stuff they added post launch, but after thats up the rest costs more. I don;'t expect devs to continue working for free. an in the case of aombie army 4 and doom eternal it's been worth it.

zombie army 4 dlc is worth it with 1 trophy per dlc? lol. the only thing worse then theza4 dlc is borderlands. they need to cut this shit out. a while back they did this crap with the online passes, especially EA. until people bitched so much they got rid of it. its a complete ripoff for trophy hunters.

• Like 4