Borderlands 3 DLC’s are highway robbery

arcanehornet_

7 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

zombie army 4 dlc is worth it with 1 trophy per dlc? lol. the only thing worse then theza4 dlc is borderlands. they need to cut this shit out. a while back they did this crap with the online passes, especially EA. until people bitched so much they got rid of it. its a complete ripoff for trophy hunters.

oh right, a mate of mine said she really enjoyed the new content, but then she still plays it often enough. i share played it a bit seemed good better then trilogy. i'll wait till the whole package is complete and grab it in a half price sale.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

Didn't they do something similar with Borderlands 2 in that they had DLC outside of the season pass? The season pass has always been a way to give people a small discount for a set amount of DLC; I'd have no problems with a second season pass if it was worth the money, but the second season pass just looks like a cash grab, as others have said, not a proper season pass. I'd much rather have a game like Borderlands 2 with fucktons of DLC than a game with a single season pass and no DLC outside of it.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Didn't they do something similar with Borderlands 2 in that they had DLC outside of the season pass? The season pass has always been a way to give people a small discount for a set amount of DLC; I'd have no problems with a second season pass if it was worth the money, but the second season pass just looks like a cash grab, as others have said, not a proper season pass. I'd much rather have a game like Borderlands 2 with fucktons of DLC than a game with a single season pass and no DLC outside of it.

Yes. There were 5 mini-story DLCs that had no trophies, plus 1 large story expansion that did have trophies. There were also 3 sets of customisations released over the period of a year for each character.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 11:45 AM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

On sale now until April 29th. Here’s the link to NA store. $20 for 6 trophies - 3 in each of the versions - is still not really worth it IMO.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-PPSA01462_00-BL3SEASONPASSCO2

with the Director’s Cut release and 3 more trophies added, now we’re up to 12 trophies - 6 for each console version - for $20.

Gearbox is a slimeball of a company.

I was annoyed with the dlc pricing n style in BL1 back in the day and as much as i loved BL1 it led me to a place where i will only play BL games when they are 'complete complete" editions highly discounted. 

I mean i was damn late to the BL2 party but who cares. Fashionably late. Riding in on a pony made of diamonds fashionably late...

Roll on BL3 complete edition. (Take your time i'll wait)

Edited by punkshepherd
BUTT STALLION
  • Like 4

I replayed Borderlands on PC a year ago, had so much nostalgia for it and... then put it down in less than an hour. I just didn't find it enjoyable. I'm sure there's still people that enjoy it though. I didn't care at all for BL3 and even if I did this is the type of games I'd wait years until all post launch support is done and the "Complete" version can be gotten for <$30

Just now, SirShavesALot said:

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  The only real gameplay elements that were added for the Director's cut was 1 raid boss, which was a joke, and some short story missions with Ava?  I don't count the Vault Card as it's nothing more than a battle pass.  Is that really it?

Yes. The story missions do add maps, but they're nothing special.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

Yes. The story missions do add maps, but they're nothing special.

This^

The two DLCs are just a bunch of lazy asset and pallet swaps, along with some additional story info that is ultimately inconsequential. There is approx £5 worth of content in Season Pass 2 but even that would be a ripoff, because of how little genuinely new material is present.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I got burned on something similar with Tekken 7.

I got the deluxe edition or whatever it was called and you got all the season pass stuff, all fine you would think. But then not long afterwards, Season Pass 2 was announced... And now we're up to something stupid like Season pass 4, game is still adding new characters and content

I got my 100% and platinum years ago and have not touched the game since, never ever bothered with most of the DLC1 that I paid for either.

Charging 3 to 4 times the price of a game, just for one game, is not acceptable...It is sad that Borderlands 3 and other games also pull the same trick.

I never really understood this take honestly. The first season pass promised 4 DLCs and delivered 4 DLCs. They didn't promise all future content, seasons are by definition temporary. 

Think about it this way : If they hadn't released extra DLCs would you have even complained? No. Because they gave you what they promised and what you paid for.

This is extra stuff for the people who actually enjoy the game and it obviously has to be paid because they're not gonna work for free...The only issue I have with this season pass 2 is really that you actually save no money by buying it at full price unlike the first one.

11 minutes ago, Lovenewton said:

I never really understood this take honestly. The first season pass promised 4 DLCs and delivered 4 DLCs. They didn't promise all future content, seasons are by definition temporary. 

Think about it this way : If they hadn't released extra DLCs would you have even complained? No. Because they gave you what they promised and what you paid for.

This is extra stuff for the people who actually enjoy the game and it obviously has to be paid because they're not gonna work for free...The only issue I have with this season pass 2 is really that you actually save no money by buying it at full price unlike the first one.

The content in Season Pass 2 is hot garbage and not worth anywhere close to the asking price. Also, Season Passes can be amended to include additional content but Gearbox didn't do that and instead decided to charge a fortune for what amounts to scraps and leftovers that add virtually nothing to the game and are utterly forgettable. As a comparison: No Man's Sky gets tons of free content several times a year (plus at least 1 update that amounts to a complete game overhaul) but HG don't charge a dime for any of it and there's no overpriced Season Passes either. I don't know how HG do it but I'm grateful for every single thing they give us.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The content in Season Pass 2 is hot garbage and not worth anywhere close to the asking price. Also, Season Passes can be amended to include additional content but Gearbox didn't do that and instead decided to charge a fortune for what amounts to scraps and leftovers that add virtually nothing to the game and are utterly forgettable. As a comparison: No Man's Sky gets tons of free content several times a year (plus at least 1 update that amounts to a complete game overhaul) but HG don't charge a dime for any of it and there's no overpriced Season Passes either. I don't know how HG do it but I'm grateful for every single thing they give us.

1) The content being good or bad is subjective, that's your take on it. I didn't enjoy the arms race DLC, have yet to try out the second one but I've heard great things from the actual community. I also wouldn't consider 30€ for 2 DLCs a fortune...1 bloodborne DLC is 20 and 2 Doom DLCs are 40.

2) Borderlands 3 also has a bunch of free events and content added to it every year...You would know if you were an actual regular player of the game...Or maybe you do know but you're choosing to omit it? 

3) Again this is for the actual fans who desire these kind of content add-ons, you don't have to purchase them. If you feel compelled to because of completion that's on you. I'm a completionist too, I get it, it can suck (for us) but the choice to care about %age is just that, a choice that is on us not the devs. 

1 hour ago, Lovenewton said:

1) The content being good or bad is subjective, that's your take on it. I didn't enjoy the arms race DLC, have yet to try out the second one but I've heard great things from the actual community. I also wouldn't consider 30€ for 2 DLCs a fortune...1 bloodborne DLC is 20 and 2 Doom DLCs are 40.

2) Borderlands 3 also has a bunch of free events and content added to it every year...You would know if you were an actual regular player of the game...Or maybe you do know but you're choosing to omit it? 

3) Again this is for the actual fans who desire these kind of content add-ons, you don't have to purchase them. If you feel compelled to because of completion that's on you. I'm a completionist too, I get it, it can suck (for us) but the choice to care about %age is just that, a choice that is on us not the devs. 

I forgot about the Seasonal Events because of how forgettable they are, plus the raids have serious issues with balance and overall design that make them not fun to play. I love the other Borderlands games to death and consider BL2 to be one of my favourite games ever but BL3 was a disappointment for me on many fronts :(. I'm not dunking on 3 for shits and giggles, it's because I have a lot of issues with how Gearbox handled it but I'll leave it at that so I don't derail this thread any further.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I personally don't mind Season Pass 2 too much because I already have more hours logged in BL3 than I did in BL2, which was one of my most played games ever. Certainly feels like I got, and continue to get, my money's worth, even though this pass in particular is a letdown relative to the price. The pandemic didn't help matters for Gearbox, probably threw their production costs vs sales income all out of whack, on top of things like that near end of development engine switch already putting them overbudget by launch.

That said, even though I disagree with some of these criticisms and am defending Gearbox, I don't think any of you are wrong for being disappointed or expressing it. Definitely some valid complaints here, just figured I'd offer my take.