Borderlands 3 DLC’s are highway robbery

arcanehornet_

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

That's very dishonest  on your part  fanboy, just because both The Old Hunters  and Arms Race are DLCs, that doesn't  mean the prices should be similiar.

TOH answered lore questions, gave the buyers plenty of new fantastic fights, and modifications to the gameplay, thanks to a lot of newly introduced weapons that changed the playstyle, which can be brought in the various NG+s, oh, and no, this part is not subjective, sorry to say.

What Arms Race brought? I can't even see  companies worshippers like yourself defending  it, outside of "that's just your opinion man".

I mean, sure, you can say that it's "for the community" and I can say that's just milking, subjective, huh.

I don't really know what I just read but let's go through this in order I guess.

1) No idea where you took me being a fanboy from. I haven't even played the recent DLC nor do I even have BL3 downloaded on my PS5 (you can check my profile, I didn't even upgrade to the PS5 version). I basically just play the game every 3 months for trophies at this point...

2) I know all about the old hunters, it's my favorite DLC in any game ever. That DLC is **pricier** at 20€ (which is just as much as the main BB game btw).

3) All the stuff you listed that TOH added is also added by every borderlands DLC ever...Weapons, check. Lore, check. Fights, check.

I'm aware that TOH is better than Arms Race but things aren't priced based on quality otherwise DS2 wouldn't cost more than Bloodborne.

3 hours ago, Lovenewton said:

I don't really know what I just read but let's go through this in order I guess.

1) No idea where you took me being a fanboy from. I haven't even played the recent DLC nor do I even have BL3 downloaded on my PS5 (you can check my profile, I didn't even upgrade to the PS5 version). I basically just play the game every 3 months for trophies at this point...

2) I know all about the old hunters, it's my favorite DLC in any game ever. That DLC is **pricier** at 20€ (which is just as much as the main BB game btw).

3) All the stuff you listed that TOH added is also added by every borderlands DLC ever...Weapons, check. Lore, check. Fights, check.

I'm aware that TOH is better than Arms Race but things aren't priced based on quality otherwise DS2 wouldn't cost more than Bloodborne.

Yeah, I'm not going to write this in french, so make your mind at peace about it.

1) I'm not sure why you're  bringing up the ps5, your message  says that they "delivered" on the season pass being 4 DLCs, that's not why people are pissed about this, they're pissed they spent 120 euros, and they still don't have a fucking finished product in their hands, even the "ultimate edition" at 100 euros (released a year later, mind you) is another shot at the dark, as they could milk more barebones content.  Also  season pass aren't  "temporary", sure, some games push their luck by having more than a season pass, but that's mostly a very minor part of it, not even 2% if we exclude ftp, Borderlands  too, never had more than a single pass   and the headhunters pack, they had the decency to exclude trophies and to give directly the entire package on the next gen console, going as far as giving away the commander Lilith DLC for free when they gave THC on Plus   since really, asking for a price  after 5+years they didn't  do anything to it, and with the new game around the corner was just milking the loyalists.

There is also the fact that B2 wasn't a glitchfest like B3, so people have  a more positive expectation fir the content. Ironic that B3, the first Borderlands  game to put a redirect on the trophies on your main menu fucks up the platinum on both versions.

Oh, and make no mistake, Randy already said at the time of B1 that trophies would help sales, so I damn will look at any new trophy lists added aware of that particular thinking.

2) No, the main BB game is at 20 euros only now because it simply entered the ps classics library, the initial price for Bloodborne was much higher, Designer's cut is sold at 15 euros  3/4 the price of TOH, and it doesn't  offer even 1/10 of it.

3) Haha, no. Lore, even in the gearbox forums, you won't  find people that gives a shit, because all they use is the "lol so randumb icsdee" framework, which is not entirely bad, if you focus on the gameplay  like they do, but don't try this as a selling point, it's pathethic. I said  weapons that CHANGED the playstyle  not just weapons, you omitted that to suit your reply,  since then, even the binary operator could be considered  a "weapon" like the ones in THO, nuh-uh, that's not how it works, fights also means nothing when it's shit, and don't give me the whole subjective bs, when fucking youtubers make an earning out of the interest they generate. No, you brought TOH's price as an excuse for this  designer's cut not having a 3 euros price tag, and it doesn't  work, no idea about Doom, but if it's anything like this, then sure, fuck it.

4) Great, DS2 bashing. Look, I already have a low opinion of your arguments, it's pointless to bring up that game when it has nothing to do with the conversation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yeah, I'm not going to write this in french, so make your mind at peace about it.

1) I'm not sure why you're  bringing up the ps5, your message  says that they "delivered" on the season pass being 4 DLCs, that's not why people are pissed about this, they're pissed they spent 120 euros, and they still don't have a fucking finished product in their hands, even the "ultimate edition" at 100 euros (released a year later, mind you) is another shot at the dark, as they could milk more barebones content.  Also  season pass aren't  "temporary", sure, some games push their luck by having more than a season pass, but that's mostly a very minor part of it, not even 2% if we exclude ftp, Borderlands  too, never had more than a single pass   and the headhunters pack, they had the decency to exclude trophies and to give directly the entire package on the next gen console, going as far as giving away the commander Lilith DLC for free when they gave THC on Plus   since really, asking for a price  after 5+years they didn't  do anything to it, and with the new game around the corner was just milking the loyalists.

There is also the fact that B2 wasn't a glitchfest like B3, so people have  a more positive expectation fir the content. Ironic that B3, the first Borderlands  game to put a redirect on the trophies on your main menu fucks up the platinum on both versions.

Oh, and make no mistake, Randy already said at the time of B1 that trophies would help sales, so I damn will look at any new trophy lists added aware of that particular thinking.

2) No, the main BB game is at 20 euros only now because it simply entered the ps classics library, the initial price for Bloodborne was much higher, Designer's cut is sold at 15 euros  3/4 the price of TOH, and it doesn't  offer even 1/10 of it.

3) Haha, no. Lore, even in the gearbox forums, you won't  find people that gives a shit, because all they use is the "lol so randumb icsdee" framework, which is not entirely bad, if you focus on the gameplay  like they do, but don't try this as a selling point, it's pathethic. I said  weapons that CHANGED the playstyle  not just weapons, you omitted that to suit your reply,  since then, even the binary operator could be considered  a "weapon" like the ones in THO, nuh-uh, that's not how it works, fights also means nothing when it's shit, and don't give me the whole subjective bs, when fucking youtubers make an earning out of the interest they generate. No, you brought TOH's price as an excuse for this  designer's cut not having a 3 euros price tag, and it doesn't  work, no idea about Doom, but if it's anything like this, then sure, fuck it.

4) Great, DS2 bashing. Look, I already have a low opinion of your arguments, it's pointless to bring up that game when it has nothing to do with the conversation.

I agree with ya mate, but I will add on to this that the dlc does not give nearly anything of it's worth, it is like buying a new car and when you saw it in store it had all the chairs and bits and so on and when you got it, it was just a single chair and the other bits like the buttons to make the windows go down are gone and the company want you to buy the other bits to it. I know am going abit off topic but you get what I mean the second dlc pass is over priced for the sake of getting more money because randy dandy wants more money and he wants it now that is why games like aliens CM was failed due to their greed or the fact bulletstorm remaster was just another money pot for them. I love the BL games 2 is my fav followed by 1 or 3 and tps as last but this to me is the same kind of greed you see from EA but that is how most devs are now adays. 

• Like 2

No complaints with the 1st season pass. 4 story expansions, felt reasonably priced, was decent if not as good as base game.

2nd season pass is such a cash grab with token achievements/trophies. Arms Race was just terrible. Director's Cut provides a BIT more, but £12? Don't think so. Not suprised, unfortunately, that 2K are being greedy.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KANERKB said:

I agree with ya mate, but I will add on to this that the dlc does not give nearly anything of it's worth, it is like buying a new car and when you saw it in store it had all the chairs and bits and so on and when you got it, it was just a single chair and the other bits like the buttons to make the windows go down are gone and the company want you to buy the other bits to it. I know am going abit off topic but you get what I mean the second dlc pass is over priced for the sake of getting more money because randy dandy wants more money and he wants it now that is why games like aliens CM was failed due to their greed or the fact bulletstorm remaster was just another money pot for them. I love the BL games 2 is my fav followed by 1 or 3 and tps as last but this to me is the same kind of greed you see from EA but that is how most devs are now adays. 

I understand  your point, I too had bad experiences with DA:O with the level 20 trophies, since enemies don't  respawn, unless  you buy DLCs of course, unfortunately  for EA, Bioware wasn't  able to patch a glitch, regardless of who, or how many act this way, in my view, it remains the same, it's even worse because Randy is aware of the potential  of trophies, so that's something  to always stick in the back of my mind.

I too am a Borderlands  enthusiast, as you can check from my profile, but this whole B3  DLC  fiasco? Pass, I'm already pissed off regarding the location trophies the base game had glitched for MANY months.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 6:44 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

No complaints with the 1st season pass. 4 story expansions, felt reasonably priced, was decent if not as good as base game.

2nd season pass is such a cash grab with token achievements/trophies. Arms Race was just terrible. Director's Cut provides a BIT more, but £12? Don't think so. Not suprised, unfortunately, that 2K are being greedy.

I'm still in shock at how awful the Year 2 pass was. I'd have no problem handing Gearbox $30 more if they gave us high quality content in return like the Year 1 pass.

Unless you want 100% completion, save your money. 

• Like 2

Playing borderlands 2 right now through the handsome collection and I had to buy a dlc separate the commander lilith one. I thought the handsome collection was supposed to be like a complete edition? And now while playing that borderlands 3 comes out with this awful dlc yikes -.- 

Just now, Folgers101 said:

Playing borderlands 2 right now through the handsome collection and I had to buy a dlc separate the commander lilith one. I thought the handsome collection was supposed to be like a complete edition? And now while playing that borderlands 3 comes out with this awful dlc yikes -.- 

Handsome Collection came out way before Commander Lilith. When Fight for Sanctuary did come out it was free for a decent while. They released it to hype up BL3's launch and after that was accomplished they didn't feel the need to be nice anymore.

22 hours ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

Handsome Collection came out way before Commander Lilith. When Fight for Sanctuary did come out it was free for a decent while. They released it to hype up BL3's launch and after that was accomplished they didn't feel the need to be nice anymore.

Sadfaces :(

On 21.2.2021 at 4:09 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

I’m just stating the obvious here. I know I am. But the season pass tactic used with this game pisses me off.

They started by selling the “Super Deluxe” edition and a 50$ (Jesus christ!) season pass, which one would think will give you access to every DLC coming out. NOPE!

They pulled the rug below everyone, and introduced a second DLC roadmap. So what is the issue?

Existing season pass owners and “”Super Deluxe”” edition owners have to buy the new season pass for 30$!! They also introduced the “new” complete edition, which has both season passes.

Absolutely disgusting. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I prefer microtransactions over this crap. 

100% agreed, at least the first season pass offered  some kind of a story and a mediocre enjoyable content, but year two, well this is beyond good and evil, a huge and boring pile of piss. The Designers Cut is so bad words fail me oO  So glad I payed not a single dime for this crap thx to a friend and I will never support crap like this in the future. The only good thing is that you can get the 100% within 5 hours each if you rush like hell. Last game I bought from them that's for sure ( but I must admit that even the main game wasn't good for me as well )  I think all these companies ( same with rebellelion ) try to lot out how far they can go with their politics. Not with me, before I buy this bullshit I support indie devs with their games such as the new Kaze and the Mask, Hollow Knight, Cuphead and so on. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bought the second season pass on the current sale (30-35% off).  First part should of been free or $5 TOPS and the second $5-10.  I recommend you wait for it to be even lower, if you wanna get your 100% back. 

I just hope they don't make a third SP.... Or more specifically, no more trophies. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Bought the second season pass on the current sale (30-35% off).  First part should of been free or $5 TOPS and the second $5-10.  I recommend you wait for it to be even lower, if you wanna get your 100% back. 

I just hope they don't make a third SP.... Or more specifically, no more trophies. 1f629.png

Nah, they’re working on a Tiny Tina spin-off right now, seems like we’re done here, I’ll still buy the DLCs, because I have all the trophies in the other games, so might as well get this over with, but I’ll wait, definitely not  paying at a 35% discount rate.

• Like 2

On 10/06/2021 at 3:02 PM, Omega-MkIII said:

So, just to make things clear to me:

I DO need to buy all two DLC packs to get 100 of this game, right?

Correct, you need to buy both the Designer's Cut and the Director's Cut DLCs if you want to 100% this game.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 4 weeks later...

Reason why I gave up on the 100% I'm gonna wait until the 2nd season pass goes on sale for like 80% off.. Even then I feel like I'm getting ripped off. Shit I honestly wouldn't of mind a 2nd season pass If the content was actually good. If they would of added Krieg or other characters i would of been sold for $20. 

Edited by Evilmonkey275
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evilmonkey275 said:

Reason why I gave up on the 100% I'm gonna wait until the 2 season pass goes on sale for like 80% off.. Even then I feel like I'm getting ripped off 

It shouldn't be long. Season Pass 2 went on sale for the first time before all the shit was even released. Fuck you everyone that paid full price I guess. You shouldn't have to wait any longer than cyber Monday is my best guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

It shouldn't be long. Season Pass 2 went on sale for the first time before all the shit was even released. Fuck you everyone that paid full price I guess. You shouldn't have to wait any longer than cyber Monday is my best guess.

I don't think this is first time the 2nd season pass has been on sale but it's been dropping ever since. I've seen it atleast 3-5 times on sale already. Yeah sucks for those who paid full price but you already know the program around here either pay full price or wait until it's on sale ??‍♂️

51 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

How many more dlcs are planned? I hope it doesn't get a season pass 3

3 more Vault Cards are planned for release by the end of the year but no-one knows if they'll be paid DLCs or free updates for those who own the Director's Cut so don't uninstall anything yet, else you will likely regret it later.

• Like 2