Borderlands 3 DLC’s are highway robbery

arcanehornet_

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

3 more Vault Cards are planned for release by the end of the year but no-one knows if they'll be paid DLCs or free updates for those who own the Director's Cut so don't uninstall anything yet, else you will likely regret it later.

I have the two season passes and i'm getting a disc copy of the main game, i just hope i won't have to pay for anything else

As an heads up, there’s currently a sale for Borderlands 3, base game, season pass 1 and 2, just bought 1,  at a 67% discount, which is… fine I guess, just disturbed that i still cannot 100% it, second season pass, the shit one, has  a 35% discount rate, so I strongly suggest to wait, base game is at 72%, basically 20 euros, a price that popped up before.

DLCs have an high amount of GBs, expect to free up space to at least have 100 free GBs.

3 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

As an heads up, there’s currently a sale for Borderlands 3, base game, season pass 1 and 2, just bought 1,  at a 67% discount, which is… fine I guess, just disturbed that i still cannot 100% it, second season pass, the shit one, has  a 35% discount rate, so I strongly suggest to wait, base game is at 72%, basically 20 euros, a price that popped up before.

DLCs have an high amount of GBs, expect to free up space to at least have 100 free GBs.

The PS4 version only comes to 62.70gb once everything is installed so far less than the PS5 release.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

The PS4 version only comes to 62.70gb once everything is installed so far less than the PS5 release.

Yes, but I also said that DLCs  cost quite a bit of GBs, so you need to take into account base game (62.397) Krieg (9.997), Bounty of Blood (15.659) Handsome Jackpot (10.380) and tentacles (8.466), this surpasses 100 GBs, and I don’t  even have the numbers on the second season pass’GBs.

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

So, to download and install the 63Gb (digitally), you'll need 125Gb+ of free space.

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

So, to download and install the 63Gb (digitally), you'll need 125Gb+ of free space.

Ouch, I'd forgotten about the digital version and how that works :(.

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yes, but I also said that DLCs  cost quite a bit of GBs, so you need to take into account base game (62.397) Krieg (9.997), Bounty of Blood (15.659) Handsome Jackpot (10.380) and tentacles (8.466), this surpasses 100 GBs, and I don’t  even have the numbers on the second season pass’GBs.

On the PS4 (at least my OG model at any rate), the 62.70gb retail install includes all 6 trophy DLCs + the 1.24 patch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Ouch, I'd forgotten about the digital version and how that works :(.

On the PS4 (at least my OG model at any rate), the 62.70gb retail install includes all 6 trophy DLCs + the 1.24 patch.

Downloading it now, and unfortunately it doesn’t work like that, base game is 62.397 GBs alright, but the DLCs are separated:

https://ibb.co/BV9gKTj

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 0:02 AM, Folgers101 said:

Playing borderlands 2 right now through the handsome collection and I had to buy a dlc separate the commander lilith one. I thought the handsome collection was supposed to be like a complete edition? And now while playing that borderlands 3 comes out with this awful dlc yikes -.- 

that dlc was free at one point 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Downloading it now, and unfortunately it doesn’t work like that, base game is 62.397 GBs alright, but the DLCs are separated:

https://ibb.co/BV9gKTj

I don't know what say except that even with 7 separate downloads, my install comes to only 62.70gb - I don't know why it's not larger but that's the way it is.

EDIT: Proof:

L74dGk7.jpg

bGw8h4z.jpg

VlBxZkE.jpg

1xsikfy.jpg

oOQMmhR.jpg

I own every single DLC for this game and the install is still only 62.70gb.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

49 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I don't know what say except that even with 7 separate downloads, my install comes to only 62.70gb - I don't know why it's not larger but that's the way it is.

EDIT: Proof:

L74dGk7.jpg

bGw8h4z.jpg

VlBxZkE.jpg

1xsikfy.jpg

oOQMmhR.jpg

I own every single DLC for this game and the install is still only 62.70gb.

And if you check in the storage?

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Are there any news about a new dlc? B3 is eating 125 gb of HDD

We kinda got one with the last update but nothing else so far, though this Gearbox we're talking about so we could get more DLC tomorrow, next month, next year or even in 5 years time so I wouldn't risk uninstalling BL3 for quite a while yet.

There’s currently a decent sale for the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition, but I’m still a bit confused. Can somebody clear this one up once and for all for me?

BL3 SDE includes DLC packs 1-4. So what do I need to purchase to get the “Designer’s Cut” and “Director’s Cut”, and what the heck are those even supposed to be exactly?

Edit:

Ok I didn’t realize the “BL3 Ultimate Edition” is also on sale for an addition $20, which kinda sucks, but it looks to include everything, and still looks cheaper than having to buy the Designer and Directors cut separately. I might just bite the bullet and grab it.

Edited by dieselmanchild

The DLCs in the first Season Pass got progressively worse, some of the cheapest, laziest cash grabs I've ever experienced near the end there. I don't think I can bring myself to get that 100% by shelling out another $20 for those final ones. Maybe some day, if they're dirt cheap on sale.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

There’s currently a decent sale for the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition, but I’m still a bit confused. Can somebody clear this one up once and for all for me?

BL3 SDE includes DLC packs 1-4. So what do I need to purchase to get the “Designer’s Cut” and “Director’s Cut”, and what the heck are those even supposed to be exactly?

You need the another season pass 2 or the definitive edition of borderlands 3,is clear in order to obtain 100% the super deluxe edition isnt valid you need the definitive edition

1 minute ago, locoporkko said:

You need the another season pass 2 or the definitive edition of borderlands 3,is clear in order to obtain 100% the super deluxe edition isnt valid you need the definitive edition

I actually just found it buried deep in the store… To answer my own question, the cheapest deal for a 100% package right now is “Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition” for $47 CAD. Comes with all 6 DLC packs and a bunch of other garbage.

Just finding these items in the store is a royal pain in the ass. ? I run a search for “Borderlands 3” and it brings up like 2 pages of Mafia 3 content and other garbage before it even starts listing BL3 content.

And from the results that do pop up, it doesn’t even list all available Borderlands 3 related items that are on sale! I had to run individual searches for the Season Pass 1 $ 2 and definitive/ultimate edition keywords just to find this crap and compare prices to figure out what I should be buying.

I’m tempted to just leave this clusterfuck in the dust and spend my money on another game lol.

30 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I actually just found it buried deep in the store… To answer my own question, the cheapest deal for a 100% package right now is “Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition” for $47 CAD. Comes with all 6 DLC packs and a bunch of other garbage.

Just finding these items in the store is a royal pain in the ass. 1f621.png I run a search for “Borderlands 3” and it brings up like 2 pages of Mafia 3 content and other garbage before it even starts listing BL3 content.

And from the results that do pop up, it doesn’t even list all available Borderlands 3 related items that are on sale! I had to run individual searches for the Season Pass 1 $ 2 and definitive/ultimate edition keywords just to find this crap and compare prices to figure out what I should be buying.

I’m tempted to just leave this clusterfuck in the dust and spend my money on another game lol.

You're not missing anything. The main game sucks and the DLCs range from slightly above meh, to boring drivel that's less fun than bashing your head against a brick wall for a few hours.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

You're not missing anything. The main game sucks and the DLCs range from slightly above meh, to boring drivel that's less fun than bashing your head against a brick wall for a few hours.

I’ve heard mixed things about BL3 with opinions all across the spectrum, which is a bit worrying, but I’m a fan of the previous entries in the series so I want to check it out for myself. Definitely want to try and get it as cheap as possible though. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 21/02/2021 at 3:58 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

Are the first DLCs good though, at least? If not, that would make this excessive monetization even worse somehow..

I have to say that the Kreig DLC is the BEST out of the bunch of the first Season Pass, then Moxxi's.  If you can get it cheap, it is well worth the effort, the payoff at the end absolutely the journey through Kreig's is very good.  The Wild West DLC was trash imo, so the Cthulhu DLC comes third for me.

As mentioned, the second Season Pass is UTTER trash, x3 trophies on each one. And there is a time-sink grind on each one. Gathering x100 Weapons and gathering x100 Mysterious Eridium Piles. 

55 minutes ago, ArkonRhys said:

I have to say that the Kreig DLC is the BEST out of the bunch of the first Season Pass, then Moxxi's.  If you can get it cheap, it is well worth the effort, the payoff at the end absolutely the journey through Kreig's is very good.  The Wild West DLC was trash imo, so the Cthulhu DLC comes third for me.

As mentioned, the second Season Pass is UTTER trash, x3 trophies on each one. And there is a time-sink grind on each one. Gathering x100 Weapons and gathering x100 Mysterious Eridium Piles. 

there's a spot for the mysterious eridium piles but that 100 weapons thing takes plenty of arm's race runs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't believe after all this time Gearbox still refuses to put Season Pass 2 on sale for at least 50% off. This is like the 8th time it's gone on sale for $17.99. I know it's just $3, but I refuse to cave on this one...besides there's no way this season pass has sold well enough for them to be so rigid on the price.