Question about the "The Boy Who could Run" and "GD Parkour Instructor" DLC trophies

wackt1

Look at my profile. The only hard challenge I've said "f#*I it!"

It's doable, but not for me. I thought the parkour implementation in this game was lousy and didn't get close to completing the first Boy Who Could Run challenge. Find a day one disk version and use the grappling hook?

Compared to the rest of the game these were tough for me. I needed an hour to beat nr. 1, 2, 9 and 10 of the order i did but i don't know more details than that i did them in the first city first and second city second. On day time. During night i got all of them within10 mins. Most ways are insane narrow and with lots of far jumps. it took me ab hour each. I think it's amazing but difficult.

I spent so much time doing these challenges I decided to make the trophy guide for it. I remember i spend like 7+ hours in a row. In the end i was so sweaty i took off all my clothes except my pants. I will never forget these 2 trophies.

However, i do think the pizza suit doesn't matter.

They are pretty frustrating to say the least. I passed some in the Slums area with less than one second to spare and the ones in the Old Town were not much easier. One of the most annoying things about these is the fact that u have to complete these during the night, which (depending on where u fail) means that u only get few attempts per night and then u have to go back to safehouse and sleep until its night again. They can be done with some practice, but they are ultra rare trophies for a reason Imo.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2021 at 4:22 PM, pdan3783 said:

Look at my profile. The only hard challenge I've said "f#*I it!"

It's doable, but not for me. I thought the parkour implementation in this game was lousy and didn't get close to completing the first Boy Who Could Run challenge. Find a day one disk version and use the grappling hook?

Late to this but you can't use the grapple hook exploit on a day one copy since the Parkour Fever stuff got added in with patch 1.04. So if you went back to day one you wouldn't access to the DLC.

For anyone else wondering: Yes, the Parkour challenges are very hard, but very doable. Just keep trying, you'll eventually get them. 

Also, don't be intimidated by the length of the later challenges, I found those to be the easiest since they're so long the game is nice enough to throw several extra seconds at you (the longest one I actually first tried with like 20 seconds to spare!) 

The shorter, the harder; the longer, the easier. 

There's one called "Tornado" I think? That one was the harder for me. It's the shortest too I think. No room for error. 

8 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

For anyone else wondering: Yes, the Parkour challenges are very hard, but very doable. Just keep trying, you'll eventually get them. 

Also, don't be intimidated by the length of the later challenges, I found those to be the easiest since they're so long the game is nice enough to throw several extra seconds at you (the longest one I actually first tried with like 20 seconds to spare!) 

The shorter, the harder; the longer, the easier. 

There's one called "Tornado" I think? That one was the harder for me. It's the shortest too I think. No room for error. 

''Twister'' and yeah that's a difficult one

Ok, just finished it. Started yesterday and finished just now. It took me 5-6 hours and it's not that hard. I felt pain in my hands after every session of playing but it's really not that difficult as some people describe. Just try it guys. You can make so much mistakes, in comparision with cod modern warfare speedruns it's a piece of cake.

Edited by Kowal821

• 1 month later...

I did this a few years ago and I remember it to be pretty hard but doable after a lot of tries (like dozens upon dozens, easily spending close to an hour on a single track). You have to know the parkour by heart, do perfectly and even cut corners as much as possible at times, and even then your victory is as close to the timer as a few miliseconds. So it's believable that many people would quit without completing this, especially since they're not needed to get the platinum.

One of the trickiest I remember was one you had to go up a highway interchange then on balance on a bridge with very little room, and then ending on the highway with many cars at the entrance of a tunnel (well, those different parts might have been of different parkours now that I think about...), the timer was very tight.

Edited by GastNDorf
  • Like 1

I did this a long time ago before the kuai dagger was a thing and Jesus Christ it was hard. It would take me anywhere close to 2 hours just for one track. I did all of them in one sitting which took about 9 hours I think. Doing them at night doesn’t really change anything apart from more virals chasing you and of course volatiles. 
They were pretty fun tbf but the difficulty was real. This was one of my favourite games of all time so I didn’t mind getting the parkour fever done 

• 3 weeks later...

Occasionally, there's an in-game event which disables fall damage. This makes the challenges a lot easier because you can jump from any height and you won't lose your speed and also you don't need to use the "roll" skill at all.