No Manual Saves

Mason__666

Hour or so in and unlike PS4 there is no option to manual save. Quitting to menu creates a save but there are not multiple slots to use. I guess thorough use of the guide will be needed to avoid missables and manual cloud sync or USB save to get multiple endings without replaying multiple times.

Mentioned these in my review, here: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/the-sinking-city-ps5-review/

the mission which was removed is now part of the Merciful Madness DLC pack. Not sure why it was removed rather than making a new quest for that pack, but that’s why the trophy was also removed. Would have preferred some DLC trophies for the DLCs so give incentive to complete them all.

Regarding saves, you can’t back up to USB as it’s a PS5 game, you can only upload to the cloud then download again, so you’ll need PS Plus. This is also a strange move, I’m not sure why manual saves were removed. 

13 hours ago, turniplord said:

Mentioned these in my review, here: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/the-sinking-city-ps5-review/

the mission which was removed is now part of the Merciful Madness DLC pack. Not sure why it was removed rather than making a new quest for that pack, but that’s why the trophy was also removed. Would have preferred some DLC trophies for the DLCs so give incentive to complete them all.

Regarding saves, you can’t back up to USB as it’s a PS5 game, you can only upload to the cloud then download again, so you’ll need PS Plus. This is also a strange move, I’m not sure why manual saves were removed. 

Did you have any audio issues? On PS4 I remember a nice ambient soundtrack to help the atmosphere. On PS5 when exploring I have footsteps and vocals only, or the boat engine. It feels so sterile ? 

3 minutes ago, Mason__666 said:

Did you have any audio issues? On PS4 I remember a nice ambient soundtrack to help the atmosphere. On PS5 when exploring I have footsteps and vocals only, or the boat engine. It feels so sterile 1f914.png 

not played the PS4 for a while, but I did notice the PS5 version was mostly ambient sounds rather than music, other than a few areas. It’s probably a design decision or something they had to do if the music was licensed to the original publisher and version? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 9:54 PM, turniplord said:

I was just about to warn others about saves. It's an odd feature to remove.  Just autosave by going to the main menu before a decision based trophy and upload.  Thankfully the game isn't top heavy on needing earlier saves.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:43 PM, turniplord said:

not played the PS4 for a while, but I did notice the PS5 version was mostly ambient sounds rather than music, other than a few areas. It’s probably a design decision or something they had to do if the music was licensed to the original publisher and version? 

Update on the music. I've talked to Frogwares and they say no music was intentionally removed from the game - so they're treating this as a bug.

They will update me once they've looked into it, but they say all music and sounds should be the same as they were in the PS4 version.

• 1 month later...

The latest patch has put the music back to how it was on the PS4. It wasn’t intentionally removed, it was just a bug!

they’ve updated some textures which weren’t loading, as well.

I'm giving away a code for the game (any region) next week on our twitter (GamePittReviews) - if anyone’s interested :)