Favorite DLC in a game and why?

SanguinousRex

There’s a lot of good and bad DLC out there, but for YOU what’s the most solid DLC that you’ve played through?

Currently vying for top spot (for me) is the Jack the Ripper DLC from Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.  Not only does it continue to flesh out London, it’s set 20 some years after the main game, which I find awesome!  It makes it feel like your playing something new and not just some regular ok’ DLC.

What about you guys?  What’s your “must have” DLC (from any game) and why?

• Like 1

Yeah Bloodborne: Old Hunters DLC is great.

I think for me it was Resident Evil 5. It was my first ever DLC.

At the time it blew my mind because I had been playing the game a lot for several months and the idea of buying DLC, which was the " Lost in Nightmares " one. You were able to control Jill and it was in the Resident Evil mansion. It was not too long but I had an awesome time with my mate. It just made me think wow this is the future, suddenly new content on a game that I already owned.

These days though in general I kinda hate the idea of DLC since back then, servers closing, delistings etc had yet to be invented, at least on console anyway. Or maybe that's just because they tend to cut out the DLC and sell it back to you again later. And then a year later resell the game with all the DLC in it as other purchase...

At any rate it's always nice to have new content on a game which at times you think you've finished everything for, I hate it when DLC has no trophies though. Makes me deliberate whether I need it or not.

• Like 1

The Witcher 3’s Blood & Wine DLC hands down. It does everything right plus you get a really cool vineyard to live in. 

Also Mass Effect 3’s Citadel DLC deserves a mention. It was great getting the crew together for one last time to chase down Shep’s clone. It was just brilliant.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 4

I've done some DLC to remember and some to forget like many people. My favorite DLC will always be Path of The Warrior from WWE 2K15. This was a tribute to the life and career of The Ultimate Warrior of WWE fame. I'm ashamed to say I never finished it on my old ID (it has no trophies either) and it follows the standard WWE 2K Showcase formula but it was an emotional ride given the death of The Ultimate Warrior just a few months before. The epilogue of the DLC shows him being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and pieces of his last appearance on Monday Night Raw before his death, a tear-jerker for a great many players. It is well-regarded as the best DLC in a series of notoriously bad DLC. It will always stand out for me.

The Old Hunters

Like before I played it, all I heard was how Lady Maria is the best boss.  How she's one of the greatest bosses of all time.  And I'm like, she can't possibly live up to all the hype.  She did.  That's such a fun fight.  And Orphan of Kos is just intense.

• Like 1

Probably Old Hunters for me as well, gave us some great areas and some great bosses. Splatoon DLC was great too just because it kept coming months after the game was out, and it was all free! I assume it was like that for Splatoon 2 as well although the time I spent with 2 pales in comparison to the 1st

Edited by NOWITSREYNTIME17
  • Like 1

Everyone seems to talk about about the bloodborne dlc and the dlc to red dead, sure they are fun but to me I think LA Noire's dlc cases are great as they blend well with the main game and yeah just so much fun. The dlc to Fallout New Vegas was great mostly lonesome road and old world blues and honest hearts as they feel like great added bits to the game and give so much more to your game then most other dlc I played.

Other dlc I love is the Oblivion dlc. mostly Shivering Isles and the Knights of the nine. I wish that all dlc like the fighters stronghold was with the ps3 copy of oblivion but yeah. Last 3 I can think off the top of my head is Resident Evil 7's End of zoe where you beat the crap out of all the mold monsters with your barehands and then use the super power fist I mean that is just so crazy but so much fun. and then there is the last dlc to Mass Effect 3 Citadel, getting to see the crew for the last big break they will get before going to fight the reapers and it is crazy but damn is it fun.

Lastly is the dlc to Borderlands 2, the Tiny Tina one as that is so much fun that one being able to get some really fun loot and missions plus the raid boss there is the best in the game it felt like the best dlc to the Borderlands games and sadly I think can't really be topped as borderlands 3's dlc felt missing any good charm sadly. but yeah.

Edit. I remembered other Dlc I love and completely forgot about, The add on to ultima black gate. the forge of virtue gives you an added bit of the past games mostly 3 and you get the kick ass Obsidian sword that one shot kills everything but the final boss and your strong stat raised to max at the end of it. just a great over all add on.

Another was Dead space 2's dlc where you play as the guy from the rail gun dead space game and rego to some of the old places as him and some new ones too. it is fun and great to play too. the last 2 that came to mind was Vergil in dmc5 because why else Vergil is kick ass in all the games he is in to play a (nearly just want to forget dmc reboot vergil's downfall) but yeah. Last is Dark arisen for dragon's dogma. it made the game a hell of a lot more fun then it was before

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

Bloodborne: Old Hunters -> more Bloodborne

BL2: Tiny Tina's Assaul on Dragon Keep -> fun and full of cool easter eggs

Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone -> amazing storyline

Metro Exodus: The Two Colones -> good story and classic Metro gameplay

MHW: Iceborne -> it's practically MHW 2

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth/Afterbirth+ -> more Isaac

Witcher 3's two Expansions seem like easy candidates. Blood & Wine is definitely the best, but Hearts of Stone is pretty decent too. The pricing for the game and DLC as a whole is extremely consumer friendly too. It isn't like COD that charges a full priced games worth.

I enjoy Season of Infamy & A Cold, Cold Heart from Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins respectively, but I don't think they're top tier DLC either. Catwoman's Story content from Arkham City wasn't too bad either, but I basically call it base content nowadays, like every piece of DLC from Arkham City.

I enjoyed System Rift and A Criminal Past from Dues Ex: Mankind Divided too, don't remember it too much though.

The Last of Us' Left Behind DLC was good too (since it was included with the Remastered version for free it made it that much better)

11 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

Bloodborne: Old Hunters -> more Bloodborne

BL2: Tiny Tina's Assaul on Dragon Keep -> fun and full of cool easter eggs

Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone -> amazing storyline

Metro Exodus: The Two Colones -> good story and classic Metro gameplay

MHW: Iceborne -> it's practically MHW 2

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth/Afterbirth+ -> more Isaac

I've only ever played Metro 2033 Redux (I own Metro: Last Light Redux, but haven't played it) is the Sam's Story DLC good too? Less so? Straight up bad?

Edited by OmegaRejectz

ugh..do i have to? I suppose no, no i dont have to but I’ll participate nonetheless ;)

for starters, im not the biggest fan of dlc, and yes i do own most the season passes for all the call of duty games that ive played but thats just cuz i needed the maps!  but other than that i usually dont buy dlc

im gonna go left field here on this one...

The walking dead season1 400Days 

i dont remember it all too well as its been like 7years now but i enjoyed it for what it was

call of duty infinite warfare - season pass

Getting directors cut and unlocking the super easter egg in the zombies mode was worth wasting the summer playing with new friends..ugh i still have to finish that horrid single player campaign though

Honorable Mentions:

Bloodborne: the old hunters (i platinum’d the base game as my 200th, that was over 100platinums ago and i have yet to start the dlc)

The Witcher 3: complete edition (the entire thing is back logged)