How to play online 2021

TonyThyGreat11

If this is able to resolve the online trophies, much like Warhawk is still running, would this be seen as legitimate earning? If not i wont go for it but if it is i will go back to this and "clean-up" the game. Guess we will wait for mods to decide on this one

4 minutes ago, laptop9 said:

If this is able to resolve the online trophies, much like Warhawk is still running, would this be seen as legitimate earning? If not i wont go for it but if it is i will go back to this and "clean-up" the game. Guess we will wait for mods to decide on this one

It was already decided in this very thread:

9 minutes ago, Detox2033 said:

To what source do the team refer to? There were several links here in the thread and a youtube video. Please make that clear before I will change my ps3 settings

The link in the post earlier in the thread and that I reposted above in this thread:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/52663-what-constitutes-a-flag/?do=findComment&comment=1579690

21 minutes ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

RedHotChiliFan1 asked and grimydawg___ responded but can anyone confirm one-hundred percent that the PlayStation vita version of the game does not work using this method?

That’s a whole different game called ModNation Racers: Road Trip that doesn’t even work online like this game. The servers were never the same servers when they were still up. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DaivRules said:

The link in the post earlier in the thread and that I reposted above in this thread:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/52663-what-constitutes-a-flag/?do=findComment&comment=1579690

That’s a whole different game called ModNation Racers: Road Trip that doesn’t even work online like this game. The servers were never the same servers when they were still up. 

I am aware that the servers are not the same. I am just wondering if anyone has looked to having servers back online for Road Trip as is the case with Modnation Racers or has even done it. I did not find anything on it by searching for details myself but that does not mean no-one has tried it.

8 minutes ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

I am aware that the servers are not the same. I am just wondering if anyone has looked to having servers back online for Road Trip as is the case with Modnation Racers or has even done it. I did not find anything on it by searching for details myself but that does not mean no-one has tried it.

The code in the repo is specific to ModNation Racers, there is nothing that would work for Road Trip. If there is another custom server for Road Trip out there, no one has mentioned it on the internet yet. 

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

The code in the repo is specific to ModNation Racers, there is nothing that would work for Road Trip. If there is another custom server for Road Trip out there, no one has mentioned it on the internet yet. 

Again, I know that the servers are different and the code is by extension. My inquiry was that has anybody has attempted to create code for a custom server for Modnation Racers: Road Trip and connecting to that server? It appears nobody has at the time of posting.

15 hours ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

Did anybody manage to get in the server by using the DNS in that YT video?

I've tried it many times with no luck...

Didnt tried it yet but the YT user always says it must be okay to do it this way.

You are still connected to psn after these settings, right? But I read that online versus races dont work at the moment

• 1 month later...

As of now, the servers are still working. You stay online after using this method and your account will be perfectly safe. With regards to trophies, the ones that are related to XP in any way are unattainable due to the ranking system not working. No matter how many downloads you receive, your rank will stay at one. I tested ModNation Prospect on an alt account and didn't get the trophy after meeting the criteria.

• Like 1

On 17.4.2021 at 4:22 AM, LethalShark20 said:

As of now, the servers are still working. You stay online after using this method and your account will be perfectly safe. With regards to trophies, the ones that are related to XP in any way are unattainable due to the ranking system not working. No matter how many downloads you receive, your rank will stay at one. I tested ModNation Prospect on an alt account and didn't get the trophy after meeting the criteria.

Thanks for confirming. Can you please give me the dns adress, which you used, again? Or the correct link.

55 minutes ago, Blazhead said:

With that all trophy are good or he have trophy unobtainable? :(

Star Creator and all other trophies relating to profile XP are still currently unobtainable. Online racing related trophies are also not possible yet. But when XP and online racing have been reimplemented into this server, these trophies will be obtainable once more.

• 7 months later...

so its safe to use this sever for the online trophies without geting your self flaged?

in general i understand the teams concerns but as we move forward these private servers will be the only way to play most of the old ps3 games so i hope the team makes a list with all the criteria that these servers have to meet before we join them so there no any accidental flagings for account that have thousands of hours spend on them

• 10 months later...
9 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Did anything ever come of this? Was anyone able to get online trophies?

It seems like some people have been able to unlock Sharing Mods, Sharing Karts, Sharing Splines and Offering Opinions using this server, if the recent achievers list is anything to go by. The server is still being worked on. Anything relating to the XP system or online racing have yet to be implemented, but they'll likely be back some day, and when they are, the trophies attatched to them should be obtainable again. As of now, you can connect to the servers and upload and download community creations.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blue_blur_98 said:

It seems like some people have been able to unlock Sharing Mods, Sharing Karts, Sharing Splines and Offering Opinions using this server, if the recent achievers list is anything to go by. The server is still being worked on. Anything relating to the XP system or online racing have yet to be implemented, but they'll likely be back some day, and when they are, the trophies attatched to them should be obtainable again. As of now, you can connect to the servers and upload and download community creations.

Great news. Ticks a few more off the list. I'll try and get it setup and see how we go. Thanks 

• 5 months later...