Free on PSN starting March 1st

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 hours ago, Lordidude said:

I hear this complaint a lot and I never understood it.

The point of his character arch is to transform from a selfish and easily irritated tough guy with an edge to someone who takes responsibility and also thinks about other.

In other words Ratchet (and also Clank, in his own way) have a great path to redemption.

In the remake they are these blank cuddly vehicules and look like they were only designed to sell toys and other merch to children.

It doesn't make him a tolerable or likeable character at all, though, especially when he'd prioritize revenge over millions of people and their home planets.

I get that's the point, that he's supposed to be selfish, but it makes it harder for me to enjoy the game personally because it just feels... forced and unreasonable to the extreme.

It's just not well written at all, so their "great path to redemption" is only so "great" because Insomniac wrote Ratchet too selfish and unlikable.

Now obviously they didn't need to dial it back nearly as much as they did with the reimagining, but it still wasn't up to Insomniac in the end.

Agree to disagree about how they look, though, as I prefer their designs now. (Well, I actually prefer how Ratchet looks in the movie, but eh)

Either way, 2016 has the better gameplay, the original has the better story. The story in both, however, is mediocre and uninteresting compared to later games regardless.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Either way, 2016 has the better gameplay, the original has the better story.

Depends on what people are looking for.

I prefer the graphics of the original game, believe it or not.

It has smooth 60fps gameplay and still plays really well and precise.

The remake is 30fps and has excessive motion blur to disguise the low framerate.

It's just ugly, and now even more than 5 years ago.

It looks great if you want to take screenshots though.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:04 PM, Squarevii87 said:

For me it was the opposite,from my smartphone i had the option to download it for free but from console it was saying download only

Strange eh?

I meant after you already claimed the game lol

The app only shows it as purchased, while the PS4 console store shows the "Buy it to own" option besides the download button.

7 hours ago, Lordidude said:

Depends on what people are looking for.

I prefer the graphics of the original game, believe it or not.

It has smooth 60fps gameplay and still plays really well and precise.

The remake is 30fps and has excessive motion blur to disguise the low framerate.

It's just ugly, and now even more than 5 years ago.

It looks great if you want to take screenshots though.

Okay, I'll give you that when it comes to the 60fps and motion blur part.

That said, the original game still feels slow even with the higher frame rate to me, and it controls rather poorly at times. (i.e Ratchet doesn't turn on a dime like in later games)

vastly prefer the faster-paced gameplay of Going Commando onwards, including with the reimagining itself despite the lower frame rate that the game has.

Like I said, it's entirely subjective.

Edited by Zephrese

4 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

I meant after you already claimed the game lol

The app only shows it as purchased, while the PS4 console store shows the "Buy it to own" option besides the download button.

I had the game since 2018 from ps plus

Buy it to own?i never had this option in my ps4

I can't buy games if i own them from ps plus

2 hours ago, Squarevii87 said:

I had the game since 2018 from ps plus

Buy it to own?i never had this option in my ps4

I can't buy games if i own them from ps plus

You can buy redeemed PS+ games from the PS4 Store app, since August 2020.

If you have problems with this, try from the PlayStation Store website.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

You can buy redeemed PS+ games from the PS4 Store app, since August 2020.

If you have problems with this, try from the PlayStation Store website.

I still don't have that option,i tried everywhere its the same,only download to choose 

Ah whatever 

• 2 months later...

Glad I got this freebie and even more glad I saved it to play until now. 

Been playing a lot more serious themed games lately so the light hearted feel and comedy value is much appreciated. Decent little platformer too, though I may have to switch the controls around as the aiming will sometimes fire on the guy in front but then randomly switch and start shooting no where. 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, Lance_87 said:

Nobody pays 60 anymore. There are good deals pretty much everywhere else, for less than 45 most of the times.

I just missed out on a 15% reduction email voucher and mine runs out in June. But the way I look at it is £50 gets me cloud save space for my save files and that alone is worth it for myself. Not to mention extra sales reductions and the free games (yes they are free for us) they have been handing out these past 5 months alone has been incredible. 

When I was a much younger gamer you could subscribe to a game magazine for around £30 a year, maybe more depending on the mag. And for that you got delayed news, the odd demo and that was it. Even before the net, word got around quicker than what the magazine were putting out. So for £50 for one years PS+ I have received peace of mind with the cloud save system, and probably around £300 worths of full games and indie titles, if not more. The subscription fee is just for the PS+ subscription and I think thats what people forget. Everything after that is indeed free.