Funny/Bizarre Scenes in Games

StraightVege

You can post videos, or just describe them. Obscure Japanese horror games were always pretty great in this regard. Here's a few of my favorites:

Overblood

"Shake it off, Pipo!"

Illbleed

"Let's go back to hell!"

Clock Tower 2

*Casually kicks a child in the chest and stabs her* "That's the way I do it!"

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 3

My personal favorite as far as humor is in the Far Cry 5 "Lost on Mars" DLC. You're on top of a disk and Hurk starts a dialog with you. He starts talking about his feelings for the A.i. Anne...and this is what he says: " I don't know what it is about this Anne, but she's got me feelin' some kinda way I ain't never felt before. It's like a deep....deep aching in the testicles of my heart, man. I know this is going to sound kind of strange....but sometimes...sometimes she reminds me of my old man."

I laughed for around 30 straight minutes at this line. Literally dropped off the side of the couch on to the floor laughing.

• Like 2

Oh, also, let us not forget that scene from forgotten... gem(?) Shadow of Memories.

Full disclosure- I still fucking love this game with a passion that can neither be explained nor excused, but let’s not mince words... That scene in it it ridiculous.

“Which scene?”, I hear you ask...

LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!

Seriously - It’s like the game was made by aliens after hearing what Europe was like from a drunk guy in a pub one time, and learning what humans were, how they talk, interact and behave from a single child’s drawing of a man.

It’s so awful...

...I just love it so much! ?❤️

• Like 2

On 2/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Just about every scene in The Bard's Tale.

The Oompa Loompa parody that plays whenever you discover the corpse of yet another wannabe hero ("It's Bad Luck To Be You") is permanently burned into my brain. Also, the old guy who's compelled to throw himself on traps, and thoroughly resents The Bard for it. The lovable cast of summons was the main reason I liked that game.

Another one I forgot to include:

The Ring

"Like, hey man, what's happenin' here?!"

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 24.02.2021 at 1:27 AM, ScarecrowsFate said:

Overblood

"Shake it off, Pipo!"

Never forget Pipo's sacrifice.

I watched videos about Overblood and Overblood 2 last year. Crazy how different the sequel was compared to the first game.

Any Metal Gear game literally has dozens of funny/ridiculous moments. I'll start with a cutscene from MGS: Peace Walker. In one of side missions Snake meets Trenya from Monster Hunter. You know, a talking cat. Then you can go to a secret island and hunt some monsters.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 6:51 AM, Alderriz said:

Never forget Pipo's sacrifice.

I watched videos about Overblood and Overblood 2 last year. Crazy how different the sequel was compared to the first game.

Truly the only good character in that dumpster fire of a game. What kills me is that they brought him back at the end, just to immediately kill him again in the self-destruct sequence! ?

The fact that they somehow got David Keith and Frank Welker to voice Overblood still feels like a fever dream. I never played the sequel, since it wasn't released in the US—probably a good thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...