State of Play February 25, 2021

Aranea Highwind

I don't believe GoW will be mentioned (hope I am wrong), GT7 and Hogwarts Legacy were delayed. So, of games already known we can expect new R&C footage and (huge maybe) news on Horizon Forbidden West. As of new games, really wanted a MGS remake at this point, but don't see it happen. Or even a remake of the original GoW, but this one is even more unlikely.

Overall, I am not very excited, wich might be for the best.

EDIT: Just remembered that it is very possible that Sony announces updates to TLoU2. Factions and/or PS5 update. Would be cool.

bmg_ps.png

Edited by bmg_ps
  • Like 1

There were more than a few "third-party and indie titles" in last June's State of Play. Wondering which ones are going to be shown tomorrow. 99% sure we'll see more Kena and Stray. Solar Ash gameplay deep dive would be cool too. Maybe Little Devil Inside as well. Not too interested in Volcano High and Jett.

As for AAA stuff, I hope we won't see another Deathloop trailer. This game has been shown too many times already. I'd prefer Ghostwire. I believe, Returnal is the next notable PS5 exclusive on the release schedule, so probably more of that.

New reveals is the most interesting part for me. I still don't expect MGS and Silent Hill remakes. A new Team Ico game has been teased last month. Would be cool to see what they're working on. That's the only "educated guess" I can make.

Correction: GenDesign, not Team Ico. Fumito Euda's new studio. Lol, my educated guess was not so educated after all.

Edited by Alderriz

1 hour ago, Toast_On_Cheese said:

I vaguely remember hearing it was cancelled, I think they have story dlc coming though.

Was it? I guess I missed the memo. A story DLC would be interesting though given the direction they went with it and the backlash that followed. 

Kinda hoping for some new God of War info saying it's NOT going to be cross gen. I'm fine with the new Horizon being on the PS4, but God of War has so much potential to show off the next (well, current) generation that I just don't want it to be held back by old hardware. And I don't even own a PS5. I probably won't get one until there are enough games to choose from, so at least another year. Still, hopefully we'll learn that God of War 2 or whatever is PS5 only. 

Also, PS Now bundled with PS Plus. Or at least Now being available in my country. 

Wishful thinking at its best... Dead Space remakes would be incredible, as already mentioned. 

And something that will likely never happen. Parasite Eve, the first one. Remake, but still turn/atb based. Jesus, I want that. 

11 hours ago, Toast_On_Cheese said:

I vaguely remember hearing it was cancelled, I think they have story dlc coming though.

Was it? Did not see that... I assumed that ND was developing the Factions and release it the same time as the PS5 upgrade.. Story DLC would be cool, obviously, but was counting on Factions as well.

11 hours ago, totakos1 said:

Demon’s souls for ps4.....wishful thinking I guess!

I do not want to disregard your opinion, but I seriously doubt that.. It was Sony's idea to "promote" the PS5 having DS. Hope I am wrong, and if I am feel free to call me on this, but I think DS remake will only be for PS5.

9 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Also, PS Now bundled with PS Plus. Or at least Now being available in my country. 

Interesting idea, and I want this as well. I think I will only renew PS Now when it will be combined with Plus (I never use Now), but I think the focus for today's event is only for games and not services. 

17 hours ago, Thephoenixshow said:

Hopefully they give Kena bridge of spirts A release date as it suppose  to be out in march 

Did not think of it, but you might be right. Kena should be seen tonight.

13 hours ago, Toast_On_Cheese said:

Its the other way around. They said factions was coming and that there were no plans for any new SP DLC

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-26-naughty-dog-has-no-plans-for-the-last-of-us-part-2-dlc

Granted the article is 9months old but there hasn't been anything to the contrary since

13 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Next gen versions/ update patches for 4K 60FPS for Final Fantasy VII RemakeThe Last of Us Part II (alongside Factions), BloodborneDeath Stranding and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Bigger trailers for ReturnalRatchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Horizon II: Forbidden WestGod of War coming in 2022. I doubt any of that will come to pass but it would make me very happy.

I also really hope for next gen uprades. There were rumors about Death Stranding coming to PS5 with additional new story content