State of Play February 25, 2021

Aranea Highwind

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Next gen versions/ update patches for 4K 60FPS for Final Fantasy VII RemakeThe Last of Us Part II (alongside Factions), BloodborneDeath Stranding and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Bigger trailers for ReturnalRatchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Horizon II: Forbidden WestGod of War coming in 2022. I doubt any of that will come to pass but it would make me very happy.

If I were a betting man, this might be the best bet I've seen. Death Stranding PS5 add-ons was a nice catch.

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Next gen versions/ update patches for 4K 60FPS for Final Fantasy VII RemakeThe Last of Us Part II (alongside Factions), BloodborneDeath Stranding and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Bigger trailers for ReturnalRatchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Horizon II: Forbidden WestGod of War coming in 2022. I doubt any of that will come to pass but it would make me very happy.

That would be awesome if this came to be but I would add uncharted getting 4k 60 fps updates as well we can only hope 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VidaGuerra_ said:

Parasite Eve 4 or Dino Crisis 4 or Fatal Frame 5 or ... Guitar Hero Dragonforce.

Square can't use the parasite eve name anymore, the license for it expired a long time ago. Nintendo co-owns fatal frame with tecmo koei, so not gonna happen on playstation, also fatal frame 5 already exists on the wii u. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Frame:_Maiden_of_Black_Water

Bloodborne 60 fps would be nice to see, maybe earth defense force 6 footage

Maybe I am the only one, but I would love to see a new first person shooter form one of Sony's studios. I like all the third person action adventure games they have been turning out but I will take a linear fps. Be it a remaster of Killzone/Resistance series or new entries, or a new IP.

Other than that I am down for more info Horizon and GOW Ragnarok.

• Like 2

Wishlist:

- Death Stranding and The Last of Us: Part II PS5 release reveals

- Horizon Forbidden West release date

- Kena: Bridge of Spirits release date

- Disco Elysium release date

- *Insert Annupurna Interactive game here* release date (any of them, publisher releases gold all the time).

- In-depth look at Ratchet & Clank

Schedule that 'leaked' online look s**t, so hopefully that leak is wrong.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ps4-ps5-playstation-state-of-play-games-leaked/

5 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Maybe I am the only one, but I would love to see a new first person shooter form one of Sony's studios. I like all the third person action adventure games they have been turning out but I will take a linear fps. Be it a remaster of Killzone/Resistance series or new entries, or a new IP.

Other than that I am down for more info Horizon and GOW Ragnarok.

This would be sick. Resistance was so amazing. I believe Insomniac said the series is pretty much done, though it wouldn't proclude a game in that vain by someone else.

Edited by PhantomFear94

2 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Schedule that 'leaked' online look s**t, so hopefully that leak is wrong. Source didn't look overly reputable but we'll see.

The person who made it (member of Resetera) already said they posted it as a joke. It just spread to reddit and got picked up by "news" sites.

I would love to get Disco Elysium free from PS+. Maquette (an Annapurna game) has also been floated as a possible PS+ game, I would like that too.

Just now, peffsi said:

The person who made it (member of Resetera) already said they posted it as a joke. It just spread to reddit and got picked up by "news" sites.

I would love to get Disco Elysium free from PS+. Maquette (an Annapurna game) has also been floated as a possible PS+ game, I would like that too.

I thought as much. Really looking forward to Maquette, out March 2nd so the logic works!

If God of War Ragnarok or Elden Ring get a 2021 confirmation, I'll consider this State of Play a success.

There are other things that would also cause me to call it a success as well, but those two come to the forefront of my mind.

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Anyone want to take a stab at the odds of us hearing anything about that Beyond Good and Evil 2 game?

It’s been radio silence for ages now.

I’m calling it:

Either we hear about it today, or we never hear about it again!

It'll probably won't get hinted at until about two weeks or so before Ubisoft's next showcase, which will probably be around E3-time in whatever form that takes this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediKnight_327 said:

I hope that PS Now either gets the refresh it needs, or they just put it out of its misery.

Do you genuinely believe PS Now isn't great value?  For me it rivals Gamepass though Micorsoft does have the slight edge however Sony has massively closed the gap between the 2 services over the past 12 months in my opinion