State of Play February 25, 2021

Aranea Highwind

1 hour ago, bmg_ps said:

Now that I think of it, Hades would be awesome on PS. Don't know if it is possible, but that game is phenomenal and would love to play it on a PS

All of Supergiant's previous games came to PS4. I would be shocked if Hades did not get a PS4 port. They're a very small team, so they probably just chose to focus on PC/Switch first.

• Like 2

Every time there's a State of Play, a small part of me hopes for PS1 classics on the store, a Left 4 Dead port and a TimeSplitters HD collection. I know it'll never happen but I hold out hope anyway.

More realistically though, Horizon Forbidden West footage, maybe a GoW Ragnarok trailer and a surprise that ties in to the PS Plus announcement.

I've seen rumours of FFVII remake being on Plus after part 2 is announced in the same show but I can't see either happening. Seems like way too big a giveaway and too soon for a sequel but I'd be happy to be wrong on that. Given the devs comments, I'm predicting Kena and NieR: Automata, to build hype for the NieR remake.

2 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Expectations are sky high again so i think alot of ppl will be dissapointed.

For real. Too many people get crazy ideas in their heads and then are disappointed when they don't come true and just start raging about it. If you go in with zero expectation you'll never be disappointed.

19 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

Even more days gone

2 Days 2 Gone

• Like 1

Give me Days Gone 2. One of my favorite exclusives on PS4. A bit boring at the start, but the story really hit by mid-game. The Last of Us is dead as a franchise for me now (not for the same reasons as most people), and TLoU2 felt like a sunset game for the series anyway; definitely going to need Days Gone to pick up the slack and give us more zombies. It's also one of the PS open world games I actually felt utilized the open world well - hopefully if they make a sequel its open world is even more distinct.

3 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

Do you genuinely believe PS Now isn't great value?  For me it rivals Gamepass though Micorsoft does have the slight edge however Sony has massively closed the gap between the 2 services over the past 12 months in my opinion

Yeah, PS Now isn't bad for sure. The overlap between PS+ and PS Now sometimes is annoying, but usually they have a lot of distinct games to keep themselves afloat.

I know we should not have expectations, but missing GoW, Horizon, Death Stranding and/or TLoU2 update is sad. Honestly, was expecting at least news on one of these, but okay, I guess.

And not even any special announcement... I love PS, but this was just bad.

Edited by bmg_ps
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

That was a disappointing State of Play. No big games at all. FF7 PS5 upgrade for PS4 owners was nice. No GoW, Horizon, Elden Ring or Dead Space Remaster... Maybe next time.

I wasn't interested in the games, I just wanted to know my free PS Plus Games for March. What do we get? I want to go to bed. Maybe no PS Plus Games next month.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

Somewhat disappointed that they didn't do FF VII PS5 upgrade as a surprise-it's-now-available kinda thing, but that's my fault for creating that hope in my head. Deathloop is the only thing that really got me super interested, and Returnal lost my hype cause it seems like a rogue-like and that's not my thing. That dodgeball game actually looks really fun and at least can't be worse than destruction all-stars.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

I wasn't interested in the games, I just wanted to know my free PS Plus Games for March. What do we get? I want to go to bed.

Just went to Reddit hoping to find some news on the PS+ games, but nothing. Guess they have postponed it a week or something. We'll probably get more news on that front when they announce more of the "Stay at Home Initiative". 

• Like 1