This one is going to be grindy and difficult.

iGGTheEnd

Unless a glitch or super broken build are found there's no way I'll bother platinuming this, requirements for the Memoirs trophy are utterly ridiculous, even if the later bosses need to be beaten without taking damage fewer times (first three need 10 times).

Great game, though, no Hades but very good indeed.

• Like 2

i just started it last night - literally had one run before bed.  Was hoping this would keep me occupied until we get hades on ps5, looks like i might have found myself another game that sucks away all my time - yay

very early impressions are this could be a fun one to go for

Edited by chickenbaltipie

On 2021-02-23 at 4:55 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

If there is one thing I am bad at in games it is beating bosses without taking damage and from what I see after playing for about 5 hours you will have to beat each boss multiple times without taking damage as well as every other enemy in the game without taking damage for the bestiary. 

I know how you feel man. Whenever I’m researching a game and see those no-damage trophies, or any trophy/challenge requiring some measure of perfection really, always makes me die a little bit inside. ?

I don’t perform well under such conditions, and to make things worse I always seem to actually get worse rather than get better as I practice! What usually happens is that I start off OK and my early attempts go pretty well and make me feel confident that I can do this. But the more I practice and try to and try to get better, the more I begin to somehow regress and start making bigger mistakes, and making them earlier on. Then I begin screwing up things I had already perfected.

I have no idea why this happens to me but it can be a soul crushing experience at times lol. Anybody else tend to experience the same thing?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I know how you feel man. Whenever I’m researching a game and see those no-damage trophies, or any trophy/challenge requiring some measure of perfection really, always makes me die a little bit inside. 1f62b.png

I don’t perform well under such conditions, and to make things worse I always seem to actually get worse rather than get better as I practice! What usually happens is that I start off OK and my early attempts go pretty well and make me feel confident that I can do this. But the more I practice and try to and try to get better, the more I begin to somehow regress and start making bigger mistakes, and making them earlier on. Then I begin screwing up things I had already perfected.

I have no idea why this happens to me but it can be a soul crushing experience at times lol. Anybody else tend to experience the same thing?

im the same but with speed runs on countdown timers - i just panic lol

9 bosses down, the only trophy that looks too hard right now is the bestiary one. Im struggling to kill some bosses, imagine taking no damage.

But maybe later in the game this looks more doable, im having a blast with the game for now.

Also, the complete 10 events trophy might be tricky. First one was impossible to me, managed to complete the second one tho.

2 hours ago, Godan_8 said:

9 bosses down, the only trophy that looks too hard right now is the bestiary one. Im struggling to kill some bosses, imagine taking no damage.

But maybe later in the game this looks more doable, im having a blast with the game for now.

Also, the complete 10 events trophy might be tricky. First one was impossible to me, managed to complete the second one tho.

I did the first one and then I backed out of the second one to try and restart not realizing you could only try them once.  On the next one I will try uploading to cloud and seeing if you can attempt it more than once if you download the save.  It may be saved server side tho so I am not sure if that will work.  So far I have only been able to beat the boss with dogs without being hit and I have to do all the bosses 10 times without damage this will be hell.

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I know how you feel man. Whenever I’m researching a game and see those no-damage trophies, or any trophy/challenge requiring some measure of perfection really, always makes me die a little bit inside. 1f62b.png

I am the same way, I backed up my save on one boss to try and do it perfectly about 10 times and I just kept getting hit earlier and earlier because I was tilting hard haha.  I dont understand why they made it beat each boss perfectly 10 times 3 would have been fine and still insane in my opinion.  This plats going to take 100's of hours.

3 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I am the same way, I backed up my save on one boss to try and do it perfectly about 10 times and I just kept getting hit earlier and earlier because I was tilting hard haha.  I dont understand why they made it beat each boss perfectly 10 times 3 would have been fine and still insane in my opinion.  This plats going to take 100's of hours.

Trust me, you will get more than enough chances on beating the bosses no hit. After you beat the "Awakening of the Dead Gods" exploration it only gets more difficult and you kind of need to do them no hit in order to progress. 

6 hours ago, KamiAhiro said:

Trust me, you will get more than enough chances on beating the bosses no hit. After you beat the "Awakening of the Dead Gods" exploration it only gets more difficult and you kind of need to do them no hit in order to progress. 

Ya I realize that, seems almost impossible at least for me I just unlocked the "Hard" explorations after beating the champion of death.

Looking at the bestiary the requirement for beating The god of death after having suffered the final curse seems nuts.  Also I have no clue how I will ever beat him without getting hit his second form seems to need perfect parry and dodging to be able to flawless him.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, Misantropus said:

Unless a glitch or super broken build are found there's no way I'll bother platinuming this, requirements for the Memoirs trophy are utterly ridiculous, even if the later bosses need to be beaten without taking damage fewer times (first three need 10 times).

Great game, though, no Hades but very good indeed.

Out of interest, what are the requirements for the Memoirs trophy?

1 hour ago, SecondGenesis said:

Out of interest, what are the requirements for the Memoirs trophy?

You have to beat every boss in the game without taking damage 10 times each, except the final boss which is 5 times.  The final boss is pretty ridiculous so 5 times on him will be next to impossible.

Theres also another thing required for the memoirs trophy which is to beat the final boss with 5 curses active and the final curse is "Your health drains until it hits 1 health" that along with 4 other curses can make that extremely tough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

You have to beat every boss in the game without taking damage 10 times each, except the final boss which is 5 times.  The final boss is pretty ridiculous so 5 times on him will be next to impossible.

Theres also another thing required for the memoirs trophy which is to beat the final boss with 5 curses active and the final curse is "Your health drains until it hits 1 health" that along with 4 other curses can make that extremely tough.

Thank you. So, in that case, with that last curse active, you have to beat every boss with no damage anyway haha.

I don't know much about the game, but I did watch some boss videos. Some didn't look too bad, and I'm decent at parrying attacks etc (Mainly from Sekiro lol) Is that 10 times in a row? Lord, I hope not.

Appreciate the info though, still on the fence about grabbing this, but the gameplay looks cool, probably the closest we'll get to Hades for a while.

Edited by SecondGenesis

8 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Thank you. So, in that case, with that last curse active, you have to beat every boss with no damage anyway haha.

I don't know much about the game, but I did watch some boss videos. Some didn't look too bad, and I'm decent at parrying attacks etc (Mainly from Sekiro lol) Is that 10 times in a row? Lord, I hope not.

You rarely get the final curse, unless you actively go for it or have bad luck.

And no, you do not have to beat them 10 times in a row without getting hit. If that was the case then the plat would be actually impossible, considering how much RNG the game offers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KamiAhiro said:

You rarely get the final curse, unless you actively go for it or have bad luck.

And no, you do not have to beat them 10 times in a row without getting hit. If that was the case then the plat would be actually impossible, considering how much RNG the game offers.

Thanks, yeah, I ended up buying it last night anyway, as I'm a sucker for these kind of games. Definitely going to be a tricky one.

3 minutes ago, AllanGronkjaer said:

Hades is just a West of death bootleg and  and copied most of dead cells mechanics 1f602.png  but still i love hades 

and most def gonna buy this 

Ya other than art style Hades and Curse of the Dead gods arent really even close to the same, all the mechanics are completely different.  Hades is more button mashy and Curse is much slower paced and takes more mechanical skill.  Both are great games but I wouldn't compare the two other than both being roguelites. They also came out within months of eachother on PC so I would assume they were both in development at the same time and not trying to copy eachother.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya other than art style Hades and Curse of the Dead gods arent really even close to the same, all the mechanics are completely different.  Hades is more button mashy and Curse is much slower paced and takes more mechanical skill.  Both are great games but I wouldn't compare the two other than both being roguelites. They also came out within months of eachother on PC so I would assume they were both in development at the same time and not trying to copy eachother.

Yeah i know was just trolling on the other dude . That Said curse of the dead gods is a hades bootleg 

19 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Any tips for the 10 blood offerings in one exploration? 

Best bet would be go on a long exploration and chose the cheapest option every time, finding a relic that lowers corruption per greed kill would also make it much easier.  Also if you know you are about to get a curse you can upload your save to the cloud and then finish the level and get the curse, if is a bad curse just reload and do that level again until you get better curse.

Should be a pretty simple trophy might just take a couple attempts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Best bet would be go on a long exploration and chose the cheapest option every time, finding a relic that lowers corruption per greed kill would also make it much easier.  Also if you know you are about to get a curse you can upload your save to the cloud and then finish the level and get the curse, if is a bad curse just reload and do that level again until you get better curse.

Should be a pretty simple trophy might just take a couple attempts.

Got it ,this time the rng was friendly,thanks

• Like 1

Beated the game last night and i still think some of the requirements to complete sketches are beyond my current skill.

the 9 "regular" bosses looks very doable right now, i think i have completed atleast once a no damage kill for all of them so thats just a matter of time.. but the last boss still bothers me.

For daily events i am 3/10, just need some luck to complete it too.

After playing many runs on harder mode, you are really forced to learn how to parry most of the bosses or you wont progress at all.

Edited by Godan_8
typo

4 hours ago, Godan_8 said:

Beated the game last night and i still think some of the requirements to complete sketches are beyond my current skill.

the 9 "regular" bosses looks very doable right now, i think i have completed atleast once a no damage kill for all of them so thats just a matter of time.. but the last boss still bothers me.

For daily events i am 3/10, just need some luck to complete it too.

After playing many runs on harder mode, you are really forced to learn how to parry most of the bosses or you wont progress at all.

I am the same I have done each boss no hit except for the final boss.  His first phase is do-able but his second phase is very difficult to no hit.  At one point I got lucky because he stayed in hammer form for a while but then he eventually switched to claws and ended up hitting me.

Is the "Become the new champion of death" trophy for beating the final level on hard difficulty or are there more requirements?

Also daily events seem to be on easy mode so they don't seem to be too much of a problem.  You can also back up your save so you don't have to wait another day to attempt them.

Edited by iGGTheEnd