This one is going to be grindy and difficult.

iGGTheEnd

Spoiler

Once you beat the game for the first time, you'll start replaying the temples on "hard" mode. Everything just hit harder or react faster to your presence.MhQ7yZU.jpeg

For Become the new Champion of Death you just have to beat all the hard content.

Edited by Godan_8

It should be just personal preference, but claw+shield is a solid combo por some rooms as you can cancel any attacks from mobs with shield charge and claws can get you close to them real quick.

For "easy" mode, aim for a relic that heals on crit and try to get a perk to keep crits happening.. like off-hand combo always crit. With this you can survive way easier and not be punished by major mistakes.

• Like 1

Just now, Godan_8 said:

It should be just personal preference, but claw+shield is a solid combo por some rooms as you can cancel any attacks from mobs with shield charge and claws can get you close to them real quick.

For "easy" mode, aim for a relic that heals on crit and try to get a perk to keep crits happening.. like off-hand combo always crit. With this you can survive way easier and not be punished by major mistakes.

Thanks, much appreciated.

2 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

I personally prefer the Sword that always crits when fighting only one enemy, combined with heal on crit build it makes bosses pretty easy.  Also the sword that doesn't consume stamina on the final attack is a great weapon if you want to play really fast paced because you rarely have to worry about stamina just attacking and dodging.

2 hours ago, Godan_8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Once you beat the game for the first time, you'll start replaying the temples on "hard" mode. Everything just hit harder or react faster to your presence.MhQ7yZU.jpeg

For Become the new Champion of Death you just have to beat all the hard content.

Ahh okay I'm pretty close I went back to easy mode to farm bosses but I should probobly finish hard mode then go back to that.

Bows are really good if you manage to get crit perks as they always crit when fully powered(bows also sometimes come with a "weaken enemies hit by your bow at full power" or something like that lol)

Claw and Dagger is great too because the off hand combo from the dagger gives you iframes

Super fun game so far, no way will i be able to get the plat though because as usual roguelikes always have to have a no hit trophy ?

11 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Difficulty and time estimate for this one? Game looks great. 

I would say an 8/10 if you use cloud saves even harder if you don't.  For time I am not sure it depends on skill but easily over 100 hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I would say an 8/10 if you use cloud saves even harder if you don't.  For time I am not sure it depends on skill but easily over 100 hours.

Cheers. As for the grind, is there some dumb unnecessary requirements or does it mostly revolve around no damage on the bosses, collecting weapons and completing the difficulties? 

Just now, BrandedBerserk said:

Cheers. As for the grind, is there some dumb unnecessary requirements or does it mostly revolve around no damage on the bosses, collecting weapons and completing the difficulties? 

Just the bestiary which is beat each boss 10X no damage, beating each elite enemy 50X no damage, etc.  Basically just play the game, and its a roguelike so it is meant to be played multiple times.  The rest of the trophies are straight forward.  No random RNG collectables like some roguelikes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Any tips on best weapons to unlock first? I assume it's just personal preference? There must be some weapons that are better for bosses.

Claw with poison and if you are lucky the relative bonuses, is one of the best weapons 

20 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I personally prefer the Sword that always crits when fighting only one enemy, combined with heal on crit build it makes bosses pretty easy.  Also the sword that doesn't consume stamina on the final attack is a great weapon if you want to play really fast paced because you rarely have to worry about stamina just attacking and dodging.

Ahh okay I'm pretty close I went back to easy mode to farm bosses but I should probobly finish hard mode then go back to that.

So you can switch to normal and hard right? 

Edited by Stormwarrior90

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Claw with poison and if you are lucky the relative bonuses, is one of the best weapons 

So you can switch to normal and hard right? 

Yea once you unlock hard you can swap back and forth.  I am pretty sure no hitting the final boss is going to kill the platinum for me, I had a Mace criting him for 300/300/500 every combo and attempted him 20+ times with that weapon. Also had level 10 claws with all damage buffs and all damage relics that was able to do insane DPS and still couldnt no hit him.  Closest I got was taking one hit but I got lucky and his final form never went to bow form which I find hard as hell to dodge.  I want this plat so bad it will be my most difficult plat if I do get it.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Yea once you unlock hard you can swap back and forth.  I am pretty sure no hitting the final boss is going to kill the platinum for me, I had a Mace criting him for 300/300/500 every combo and attempted him 20+ times with that weapon. Also had level 10 claws with all damage buffs and all damage relics that was able to do insane DPS and still couldnt no hit him.  Closest I got was taking one hit but I got lucky and his final form never went to bow form which I find hard as hell to dodge.  I want this plat so bad it will be my most difficult plat if I do get it.

Thanks, best blessings that you recommend? 

On 3/3/2021 at 7:40 AM, Stormwarrior90 said:

Thanks, best blessings that you recommend? 

Sorry I didnt answer earlier didnt notice your reply.  My 2 favorite blessings I use together are Divine Perception and Serpents Bounty.  Early game they give you that boost you need and mid to late game they can be great to sacrifice as well.  After those two I take Sichals treasure which goes well with them or Grace of tempest for more damage.  Reptilian hunger is amazing as well but I don't like being on a timer it makes me mess up more than needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Sorry I didnt answer earlier didnt notice your reply.  My 2 favorite blessings I use together are Divine Perception and Serpents Bounty.  Early game they give you that boost you need and mid to late game they can be great to sacrifice as well.  After those two I take Sichals treasure which goes well with them or Grace of tempest for more damage.  Reptilian hunger is amazing as well but I don't like being on a timer it makes me mess up more than needed.

Thanks a lot. 

You know the condition for the Malok Paal drops his shield/fist? 3 perfect parry for his charge attack? 

3 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Thanks a lot. 

You know the condition for the Malok Paal drops his shield/fist? 3 perfect parry for his charge attack? 

I think it must be parrys because I had him drop it once but never parried him but I had the shield that has 25 percent parry chance. 

So for the last 3 Explorations I have used the Reptilian Hunger and Grace of tempest which both require you to not get hit and used cloud saves anytime I finish a level and back it up if I get hit.  I do that for the first 2 areas and don't care if I get hit in the last area as long as I dont take too much damage.  If you have reptilian hunger maxed for atleast the first 2 areas you will have enough money to always use gold to buy stuff and you will have enough gold for all 3 altars at the final fight.  I try to always upgrade my weapon atleast 5 times and if you see a "+1 level to main weapon" relic take it because its bugged and if you upgrade your weapon at the final altars they give +2 levels each.  At one point I had 3 of the +1 main weapon relics and my weapon went from level 8 to 12 when upgrading at the final boss fight.

Also Poison claws have the highest DPS in the game and are very easy to get a good build.  I take as many Poison damage and Damage in the dark runes as possible and well as the +1 to weapon relic.  If you have more questions ill do what I can to help.

Also the final Bestiary thing you unlock is "Beat the game twice in a row on the last exploration."   

What I did was reroll until I got Poison claws and saved right before the final boss fight.  I tried to save 1200 skulls and make sure weapon altars arent upgraded completely full.  After you beat the boss on the last exploration you can check all the altars for Poison claws again (or your favorite weapon if it isnt there look at any of the altars and then upgrade a weapon altar and it will reroll them all again.  If you dont find your weapon after your rerolls reload before the final boss and beat him again and redo the process until you get a weapon you like.  

Sorry if thats hard to understand I don't know how else to explain it.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I think it must be parrys because I had him drop it once but never parried him but I had the shield that has 25 percent parry chance. 

So for the last 3 Explorations I have used the Reptilian Hunger and Grace of tempest which both require you to not get hit and used cloud saves anytime I finish a level and back it up if I get hit.  I do that for the first 2 areas and don't care if I get hit in the last area as long as I dont take too much damage.  If you have reptilian hunger maxed for atleast the first 2 areas you will have enough money to always use gold to buy stuff and you will have enough gold for all 3 altars at the final fight.  I try to always upgrade my weapon atleast 5 times and if you see a "+1 level to main weapon" relic take it because its bugged and if you upgrade your weapon at the final altars they give +2 levels each.  At one point I had 3 of the +1 main weapon relics and my weapon went from level 8 to 12 when upgrading at the final boss fight.

Also Poison claws have the highest DPS in the game and are very easy to get a good build.  I take as many Poison damage and Damage in the dark runes as possible and well as the +1 to weapon relic.  If you have more questions ill do what I can to help.

Also the final Bestiary thing you unlock is "Beat the game twice in a row on the last exploration."   

What I did was reroll until I got Poison claws and saved right before the final boss fight.  I tried to save 1200 skulls and make sure weapon altars arent upgraded completely full.  After you beat the boss on the last exploration you can check all the altars for Poison claws again (or your favorite weapon if it isnt there look at any of the altars and then upgrade a weapon altar and it will reroll them all again.  If you dont find your weapon after your rerolls reload before the final boss and beat him again and redo the process until you get a weapon you like.  

Sorry if thats hard to understand I don't know how else to explain it.

Thanks again, for the last bestiary entry two times in a row at normal difficulty right? 

2 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Thanks again, for the last bestiary entry two times in a row at normal difficulty right? 

No it has to be on hard difficulty unfortunately which is why I ended up doing the reroll trick to make it a bit easier.  Also on the hardest mode you start with a full curse when you enter the exploration.

56 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

No it has to be on hard difficulty unfortunately which is why I ended up doing the reroll trick to make it a bit easier.  Also on the hardest mode you start with a full curse when you enter the exploration.

I see, thanks for the explanation 

I don't completely understand, why don't you save after beating Clovis once and then make a save? 

5 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

I see, thanks for the explanation 

I don't completely understand, why don't you save after beating Clovis once and then make a save? 

I save right before beating him because after you beat him you can see what weapons you can chose from for the next run if they all suck then you can beat him again for a different choice in weapons.  Obviously it isn't a must but I really like poison Claws.

35 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I save right before beating him because after you beat him you can see what weapons you can chose from for the next run if they all suck then you can beat him again for a different choice in weapons.  Obviously it isn't a must but I really like poison Claws.

But if you left an altar upgrade it isn't reroll the weapons if you upgrade it? 

I love poison claws, I tried a lot all of the other weapons but the claws are much better 

2 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

But if you left an altar upgrade it isn't reroll the weapons if you upgrade it? 

I love poison claws, I tried a lot all of the other weapons but the claws are much better 

Ya if you leave an upgrade for after you beat the last boss on hardest difficulty you can look at the weapons and then upgrade an altar and it will reroll them all.  I think you have to look at a weapon first tho or it wont reroll not %100 percent on that but I think thats how it worked when I checked.  You can also take an early weapon room and back up to cloud and use some rerolls until you get claws but I dont like using divine favors for a weapon I prefer to save them for relics.

• Like 1