Need tips on the Harvester boss fight on hard mode in the "Golems of Amgarrak" DLC pack

wackt1

I imported a level 35 rogue into the DLC, but like my weapons or armor arent that great (most are around Drakeskin or higher). Do you guys have any suggestions on respec rogue builds for this fight? Im trying to do the fight on hard mode for the trophy

Edited by wackt1

https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Harvester_(strategy)

Some suggestions for rogue are listed here. Also I recommend just going for Nightmare difficulty and you'll get both difficulty trophies- this was the hardest thing in the first game and was very satisfying slaying this monstrosity. Good luck!

Edit: Just hard is required,  thinking of Inquisition ?

Edited by da-Noob123

It's not the best build but I had literally no trouble with the following:

Put as many points into each attribute that you need for wearing your armor (preferably something with great boost esp to Dexterity) and learn all archery skills. Add the rest to Dexterity, you'll evade most attacks and do more damage with a bow. Btw, get a bow, activate Accuracy and use Arrow of Slaying when you can. Stay between the pillars when your companions die (they will die) and heal when you need to... I only used about 5 potions (I had over 100) but I was never in danger.

Here are my attributes but it's with all the bonuses on my armors/weapons and I could have worn a ring/belt that added more points.

Str 54

Dex 118

Will 26

Mag 16

Cun 43

Con 45

Weapon/Armor

Hearwood Bow

Quicksilver (helmet)

Fingers of the Nimble (gloves)

Grey Warden Light Armor

Wolf Treads (boots)

Dwarven Merchant's Belt

Seeker's Chain

Morrigan's Ring

Tingler (ring)

36 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Is it possible to fight the monster on casual difficulty then switch to hard difficulty once the monster's HP is sufficiently low?

It has been a while since I last touched this game (and coincidentally this is also the roadblock that prevented me from 100% on X360, can't WAIT to try again to clean up the rest of the trophies), but does the menu pop up while in-combat rather than just a paused screen?

I also think my approach is going to end up being arcane warrior, but I may have just been stabbing myself in the foot if Nightmare isn't required? 

46 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Is it possible to fight the monster on casual difficulty then switch to hard difficulty once the monster's HP is sufficiently low?

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

It has been a while since I last touched this game (and coincidentally this is also the roadblock that prevented me from 100% on X360, can't WAIT to try again to clean up the rest of the trophies), but does the menu pop up while in-combat rather than just a paused screen?

I also think my approach is going to end up being arcane warrior, but I may have just been stabbing myself in the foot if Nightmare isn't required? 

Yes the menu pops up and you can change difficulty during the fight, unfortunately it won't give you the trophy.

You need to set it to hard (or nightmare but not necessary) just before the fight starts.

I accidentally started the fight and immediately changed the difficulty even before getting a hit in but no trophy so I had to redo it.

i've done full completion several times in the past, i went with rogue archer because it's just op as hell in the dlc expansion, but not so much in the base game, and arcane warrior for nightmare base game, and it was very smooth with little problem the boss isn't so bad though i don't remember it being too bad anyway

he's slow and fat iirc you can grab aggro with the tank and run around the arena whilst you back the squishies up into a corner and let someone else take the damage, deal with the adds safer that way. just keep kiting the boss. pause  frequently and maximise skill usage towards the end.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i've done full completion several times in the past, i went with rogue archer because it's just op as hell in the dlc expansion, but not so much in the base game, and arcane warrior for nightmare base game, and it was very smooth with little problem the boss isn't so bad though i don't remember it being too bad anyway

he's slow and fat iirc you can grab aggro with the tank and run around the arena whilst you back the squishies up into a corner and let someone else take the damage, deal with the adds safer that way. just keep kiting the boss. pause  frequently and maximise skill usage towards the end.

what was your character build for your archer and what bow did you use? Like my character has one in the inventory, but sadly its just an average drakeskin make bow.