23rd Feb - Reunited With Fidolina made EVEN EASIER

Just finished it up myself. I can't imagine doing any of the later rounds without rocking the speedy boi Fate. Firepower works pretty great up until the meatballs start popping up around wave 40 ? With the speedy boi Fate, you can dodge zombies properly and pick up powerups to make survival much easier. I found myself taking advantage of the invincibility frames the FPS mode gives you, it's way faster to run into your enemies instead of shooting them with the base gun. On top of that, I quit out of FPS mode when I take two hits and a third hit is inevitable, as it gives you even more invincibility frames upon returning to top-down view. Best of luck everyone going for this bad boy!

Just from my experience doing this Divine Shield is a good safety net to go on some rounds since having 1 dash and 2 nukes per round is pretty good. That got me from 44 all the way to 60 and the final wild. Well I only had 56-60 when this update dropped since I got lazy more so than anything. 

For the final area and boss fight firepower is too good. If you get a first person take your time, kite zombies around and take some time just being able to line them up and knock them down. Firepower, I'd try and keep as many nukes for the final boss as possible and drop them when you have a good chance to lay in some damage point blank at the Mamaback. I can't think of much else to write here but if people want a few more tips from my experience I'll try and answer. 

On 25. 2. 2021 at 3:58 PM, Ayrtanium100 said:

Just from my experience doing this Divine Shield is a good safety net to go on some rounds since having 1 dash and 2 nukes per round is pretty good. That got me from 44 all the way to 60 and the final wild. Well I only had 56-60 when this update dropped since I got lazy more so than anything. 

For the final area and boss fight firepower is too good. If you get a first person take your time, kite zombies around and take some time just being able to line them up and knock them down. Firepower, I'd try and keep as many nukes for the final boss as possible and drop them when you have a good chance to lay in some damage point blank at the Mamaback. I can't think of much else to write here but if people want a few more tips from my experience I'll try and answer. 

I've tried playing it for a few hours. I'm stuck at (surprisingly) 41-44. I've looked up some YouTube guides saying stick to the location under the waterfall, etc. The thing is.. every video I lookup I have like ten times more blood zombies in my session to the point I cannot even line them up and the only possible option is to nuke them (I'm using Furious Feet). They are literally everywhere basically the moment I start the round.

Don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind :) Just did it.

Edited by BloodyRutz

I finally got the trophy and I have to say it was a lot easier just starting over on First Person only than advanced start. You can tank more hits and can easily have 10 lives if you have Devine chalice. I actually enjoyed it more in first person than third. Felt like I was playing a new zombies map. 

Have they made a further update? Thought I’d give this another try after finding this post but always start with 4, 3, 3 and not the 5, 5, 5?

EDIT: it seems the higher rounds you get you start off with more than previous rounds. 

Edited by Degnan-

Kinda sad they made it easier. Dead Ops Arcade was always intented to be hard en was made for dedicated players. I beated it after I dedicated myself to the game mode (which was easy because I liked it). The key is to play a lot of solo's and get better at the game. Know the best strats for each area and the best fates. Get to round 50'ish solo and team up with another player which has the same skill level as you. You shouldn't have much trouble earning the trophy if you understand every game mechanic.

That being said, I understand that people hate the fact that it is so time consuming and frustrating to start over.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

I don't mind it being simplified mainly because the mode is just so poorly designed. Zombies are extremely difficult to see (especially in the red area) and being killed by things outside of the camera is infuriating. Not to mention the hitboxes being downright jank. It's an interesting mode but needs more work to be complete and more thought to be worthwhile.

• Like 1

Well it’s certainly a lot easier now, I have managed to complete it twice on PS5 and PS4. I was stuck at round 29-32 before this update, would always run out lives. It’s a lot more achievable to make it through every 3-4 round checkpoint. As someone previously mentioned I also used divine shield to get through 29-60 then used firepower for the final boss waves. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DBO2299 said:

Wait so there are checkpoints now? Was there always? I only played one game of DOA lol. Do the checkpoints run out?

If you choose private match, solo advanced start, it will save your progress around every 4 waves, basically whenever you reach a new area on the red dotted map. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 1:56 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

If you managed to get the trophy prior to the Solo Advanced Start update or even this one, your trophy unlock date will show that.

pretty sure the main point is the rarity of the plat. 

Right now? it's a fucking joke.

23 hours ago, G2F4U said:

I'm stuck forever at Stage 41, these red blood zombies plus the bloodpool these zombies are damn near impossible too see, stage 64 is the last trophy i need 

Are you using divine shield fate? It made this area a lot easier to complete. 

• Like 1