[NA] PlayStation Indies sale (ends March 10, 2021)

NathanielJohn

3 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'm trying not to buy new games (ironic, considering I just bought new games), but I can make an exception since these have been sitting at the bottom of my wishlist for ages. But yeah, I spent like 300$ on games during some post-breakup binge spending, back in December-January, now I've got like 20 games I haven't even started, hoping some of these backlog events can help me along.

I feel you there. I haven't done any backlog events but I've considered it to help motivate me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Looks like a decent sale! So lay it on me, what are some of the hidden gems here? ?

Well, this will be by no means comprehensive, as I haven't played every game here, but this whole list are ones I can endorse as good games and well worth looking at at these prices...

...with the **highlighted** ones being games I categorically declare to be both a good price, and each utterly brilliant games that you really should look into if you have not played! :) 

**Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition**                
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition                
Guacamelee! 2 Complete                
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship E...                
Hue                
Limbo & Inside Bundle                
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom                
**Nex Machina**                
**Outer Wilds**                
Oxenfree                
Rainswept                
**Return of the Obra Dinn**                
Seasons after Fall                
Serial Cleaner                
Superhot                
**Superliminal**                
Tesla vs Lovecraft                
The Last Campfire                
**The Witness**                
**This War of Mine: The Little Ones**                
Thomas Was Alone                
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince                

Valley

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, this will be by no means comprehensive, as I haven't played every game here, but this whole list are ones I can endorse as good games and well worth looking at at these prices...

...with the **highlighted** ones being games I categorically declare to be both a good price, and each utterly brilliant games that you really should look into if you have not played! :) 

**Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition**                
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition                
Guacamelee! 2 Complete                
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship E...                
Hue                
Limbo & Inside Bundle                
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom                
**Nex Machina**                
**Outer Wilds**                
Oxenfree                
Rainswept                
**Return of the Obra Dinn**                
Seasons after Fall                
Serial Cleaner                
Superhot                
**Superliminal**                
Tesla vs Lovecraft                
The Last Campfire                
**The Witness**                
**This War of Mine: The Little Ones**                
Thomas Was Alone                
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince                

Valley

Fantastic, thank you! This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. ?

I’ve only played & purchased a few games from this list and they were all fantastic. And out of all the “must-plays” that you highlighted, The Witness is the only one I’ve played. So I’ve got a lot of games to research! 

Also, I grabbed Limbo quite awhile ago and still haven’t gotten around to playing it yet (soon, I promise. Soon!). But I just noticed recently that Inside was free as of a few days ago, so I picked it up and downloaded it. I was planning on playing it very soon. It might still be free for anyone else looking to grab it!

• Like 1

The last thing I need is more games in my backlog, but I'll make an exception for items on my wishlist that are less than $10:

- Enigmatis Collection

- Scarlett Mysteries: The Cursed Child 

- Through the Woods

- The Last Dead End 

Also getting Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, this is the first time I've seen it on sale and I'm planning it for my 100th milestone. It has a lot of flaws, but it was my favorite PC game as a kid. 

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

Fantastic, thank you! This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. 1f642.png

I’ve only played & purchased a few games from this list and they were all fantastic. And out of all the “must-plays” that you highlighted, The Witness is the only one I’ve played. So I’ve got a lot of games to research! 

Also, I grabbed Limbo quite awhile ago and still haven’t gotten around to playing it yet (soon, I promise. Soon!). But I just noticed recently that Inside was free as of a few days ago, so I picked it up and downloaded it. I was planning on playing it very soon. It might still be free for anyone else looking to grab it!

No problem mate - I hesitate to call out any of the highlighted ones as being 'the most' worth researching, though I will just point out that, of all those games Dandara seems to be a game that gets most often overlooked, and is just excellent....

....and as I sit typing this, I realise I am, in fact, wearing a Return of the Obra Dinn T-Shirt, for whatever that is worth!... ?

3 minutes ago, fyiByas said:

Tempted to buy Hands of Fate 1 & 2 Plus DLC lol.

Recently bought Rock of Ages 3, game crash with error, saw it on the forums it's a known issue RiP

Haven't gotten the DLC yet, but Hands of Fate games are awesome if you like deckbuilding roguelite with a little 3rd person combat.

I’ve only ever heard good things about Oxenfree so I’m definitely going to get it since it’s dirt cheap.  I’m tempted to get King’s Quest too.  I played some of those games on my computer when I was a kid and it looks like it is fun and would bring back some memories for me!

Edited by DarthPunisher

47 minutes ago, DarthPunisher said:

I’ve only ever heard good things about Oxenfree so I’m definitely going to get it since it’s dirt cheap.  I’m tempted to get King’s Quest too.  I played some of those games in my computer when I was a kid and it looks like it is fun and would bring back some memories for me!

Oxenfree is a great experience. It is engaging, story-wise. You have to finish the story three times to earn the platinum trophy. Each playthrough will last three hours or so.

• Like 4

Only indie game I’ve bought recently was Streets of Rage 4. I haven’t bought another since I purchased Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime back in November. 

Lots of good indies here but my backlog would be set back by a good 20 - 30 games if I were to buy everything I had an interest in on this list. For now, great sale, but money is short for me so I will have to skip this selection.

1 hour ago, sword_of_omens said:

i picked up both of those while they were on sale awhile ago, so they will definitely go back on sale again eventually...

Headlander is a great game and fun plat...

Been years since they were on sale, actually. :lol:

On 2021-02-24 at 10:49 AM, Together_Comic said:

Looks neat. Kinda interested in Hyper Light Drifter and a few others.  Anyone know how it plays?

I loved it myself - but indeed some of the trophies are VERY challenging. Not for completists unless you're... very good?

On 2021-02-24 at 8:42 PM, Trini said:

I don't even know where to start, what are some "must haves" from this list?

On 2021-02-25 at 9:51 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Looks like a decent sale! So lay it on me, what are some of the hidden gems here? ?

So, so many... Beyond games I would simply recommend, ones that I rank very high and include something unique either in art style or gameplay would suggest to pretty much everyone include:

Spoiler

Arise

Axiom Verge

Bad North

Banner Saga

Creature in the Well

Crossing Souls

Cuphead

Dandara

Dead Cells

Donut County

Enter the Gungeon

FAR: Lone Sails

Figment

Flipping Death

Get Even

God's Trigger

Gris

Guacamelee

Hand of Fate

Just Shapes & Beats

Knights and Bikes

Limbo & Inside bundle

Little Nightmares

Ovivo

Oxenfree

Pinstripe

Projection: First Light

Return of the Obra Dinn

Sea of Solitude

Seasons After Fall

Slay the Spire

Slime-san

Soma

Steamworld Heist

The Messenger

Thomas was Alone

Through the Woods

Untitled Goose Game

Zombie Vikings

Of those, I'll pick 10 (it was HARD) and briefly say why:

Blackwood Crossing (made me cry)

Hollow Knight (masterful universe building)

Hyper Light Drifter (disasterpeace music, challenging)

Iconoclasts (deep story)

Inside (art and atmosphere)

Journey (art and atmosphere)

Kentucky Route Zero (successful at being Lynchian)

Night in the Woods (hipster in all the right ways)

Observation (atmosphere)

Sayonara Wild Hearts (music and art)

I'm at 30 games bought (for a surprisingly low amount), and still a crazy long list to go through and weigh...

Edited by visighost
  • Like 3

On 2/25/2021 at 9:20 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Fantastic, thank you! This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. ?

Dude thanks alot for the heads-up on Inside. It really is free. I would have never known if I didn't see your post.

Edited by CB7Tuner91