NathanielJohn

[NA] PlayStation Indies sale (ends March 10, 2021)

61 posts in this topic

I picked up a game called Hammerwatch in this sale. Never heard of it, but the gauntlet look drew me in. And...it's kind of boring. It moves really slow, which is too bad, because there is potential here.

 

I might pick up another Johnny Ostad game for $.99. I didn't love Shalnor Legends, but it was OK for the price.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Dude thanks alot for the heads-up on Inside. It really is free. I would have never known if I didn't see your post.


No problem! 🙂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-02 at 8:02 AM, CB7Tuner91 said:

Dude thanks alot for the heads-up on Inside. It really is free. I would have never known if I didn't see your post.


Aww man... bad news, but it appears to be a demo. 🙁

 

The strange thing is, it’s very clearly listed as “Full Game” when you download it from the store for free. But when I started playing it, I noticed there are no trophies and the pause menu has an option to “unlock full game” or whatever.

 

After double checking the PS Store, it seems there’s an identical version of Inside that is paid. So the free one must be a demo that is not properly listed. Pretty lame.. sorry to get you excited about that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, visighost said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Arise

Axiom Verge

Bad North

Banner Saga

Creature in the Well

Crossing Souls

Cuphead

Dandara

Dead Cells

Donut County

Enter the Gungeon

FAR: Lone Sails

Figment

Flipping Death

Get Even

God's Trigger

Gris

Guacamelee

Hand of Fate

Just Shapes & Beats

Knights and Bikes

Limbo & Inside bundle

Little Nightmares

Ovivo

Oxenfree

Pinstripe

Projection: First Light

Return of the Obra Dinn

Sea of Solitude

Seasons After Fall

Slay the Spire

Slime-san

Soma

Steamworld Heist

The Messenger

Thomas was Alone

Through the Woods

Untitled Goose Game

Zombie Vikings

 

 

Of those, I'll pick 10 (it was HARD) and briefly say why:

 

Blackwood Crossing (made me cry)

Hollow Knight (masterful universe building)

Hyper Light Drifter (disasterpeace music, challenging)

Iconoclasts (deep story)

Inside (art and atmosphere)

Journey (art and atmosphere)

Kentucky Route Zero (successful at being Lynchian)

Night in the Woods (hipster in all the right ways)

Observation (atmosphere)

Sayonara Wild Hearts (music and art)

 

I'm at 30 games bought (for a surprisingly low amount), and still a crazy long list to go through and weigh...

 

Thank you for the fantastic recommendations! Blackwood Crossing, along with a couple of others, is most likely going to be a purchase from me; I could never dismiss a good narrative. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought Action Henk for $2.24 then noticed that the instant indie collection that includes that, 10 Second Ninja X and Stickbold is $1.24(PS plus price). Those collections are a pretty good deal and letting you know to check them before you make the mistake I did.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:


Aww man... bad news, but it appears to be a demo. 1f641.png

 

The strange thing is, it’s very clearly listed as “Full Game” when you download it from the store for free. But when I started playing it, I noticed there are no trophies and the pause menu has an option to “unlock full game” or whatever.

 

After double checking the PS Store, it seems there’s an identical version of Inside that is paid. So the free one must be a demo that is not properly listed. Pretty lame.. sorry to get you excited about that.

Yea I noticed that, oh well. Thats Playstations fault. The new store is garbage to me. Not to say the last one was good, but this is definitely worse. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Yea I noticed that, oh well. Thats Playstations fault. The new store is garbage to me. Not to say the last one was good, but this is definitely worse. 


Yeah the new store is garbage and makes a lot of little details like that unclear. However, it’s also listed as “full game” in the regular PS4 store where I found it and lumped in with the free games, so it’s quite misleading. There’s no way to tell it’s a demo until you start playing it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah the new store is garbage and makes a lot of little details like that unclear. However, it’s also listed as “full game” in the regular PS4 store where I found it and lumped in with the free games, so it’s quite misleading. There’s no way to tell it’s a demo until you start playing it.

 

It's honestly so terrible. These big corporations seem to dump tons of money into making their stores pretty, then add functionality as an afterthought. It is really ridiculous. I still remember the store redesign ~2 years ago (I forget) where they removed sorting by genres - before that I'd used that feature to keep track of new racing games and see which ones are on sale. Losing that feature sucked, and this redesign somehow made things even worse

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

 

It's honestly so terrible. These big corporations seem to dump tons of money into making their stores pretty, then add functionality as an afterthought. It is really ridiculous. I still remember the store redesign ~2 years ago (I forget) where they removed sorting by genres - before that I'd used that feature to keep track of new racing games and see which ones are on sale. Losing that feature sucked, and this redesign somehow made things even worse


I fully agree. Sony’s redesign of the store is just one more example of why I subscribe to the philosophy of “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.”
 

I’ve come to dread these sorts of largely unnecessary, useless type of “upgrades” for any sort of technology nowadays because in my experience, it’s almost always a one step forward, two steps backwards kind of deal. It always breaks something. And the new store is one of the worst examples of this that I’ve seen, where countless user friendly functions were inexplicably removed, and sorting and browsing has become a complete nightmare.

 

The feedback towards the redesign has been overwhelmingly negative from literally everybody, so I’m holding out a small amount of hope for some fixes and reintroduction of old features in the near future to make it more user friendly. But I’m not holding my breath lol.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

 

It's honestly so terrible. These big corporations seem to dump tons of money into making their stores pretty, then add functionality as an afterthought. It is really ridiculous. I still remember the store redesign ~2 years ago (I forget) where they removed sorting by genres - before that I'd used that feature to keep track of new racing games and see which ones are on sale. Losing that feature sucked, and this redesign somehow made things even worse

I still don't understand why they haven't gotten an intern to put up all the screenshots and videos yet. They are slowly disappearing from the old store. I know I can open a new tab, go to google and search for the game to get a quick glimpse, but I actually liked looking at that stuff in the store.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

I still don't understand why they haven't gotten an intern to put up all the screenshots and videos yet. They are slowly disappearing from the old store. I know I can open a new tab, go to google and search for the game to get a quick glimpse, but I actually liked looking at that stuff in the store.

 

Yeah, it's pretty fucking pathetic that I have to go to Steam, a competitor's storefront, to get a good idea of what a game is like now. Like I'm pretty sure if you're a corporation, you don't want your consumers to have to go to a different corporation just to decide whether or not they want to buy products from you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.