Any useful advices before I begin?

Brightblade76

• 3 weeks later...

Well, so far I'm working on the miscellaneous trophies on the easiest difficulty, then I'll rise the difficulty and just care about missions completion. So far so good, the square, square, circle combo seems the one doing the most damage with less risks, I guess I'll use that alot on the higher difficulties ?

The game is much less technic than the NG games, feels more like a random chaotic carnage.

18 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

80% of trophies. So far I'm breezing through hard, I've cleared 5 mission with ease, you just have to take advantage of executions and make good use of weapons dropped by enemies. I guess nightmare is where the real pain begins.

Hard? That means two more difficulties to go right ? 

3 hours ago, Spookyentertainm said:

Hard? That means two more difficulties to go right ? 

Yes, I did all the misc trophies on easy and now I just have to clear the game on hard, nightmare and hell (and clear arcade mode), they don't stack. The game is quite short, 5 missions on hard took me 1h/1h30m. It's higly skill dependant though so higher difficulties will definitely take longer.

• Like 1

Hard went down pretty quickly, 2h30m or so, the square-square-circle combo is the safest one imho, as long as there isn't random crap flying from offscreen, you can avoid most hits, also choosing the right priority in taking down enemies and carefully choosing which of the dropped weapons to use (taking them with you to the next arena if you didn't use them) is a saver. Tomorrow I'll begin to tackle nightmare, I'd say that just 3 out of all the trophies are very hard (maybe only two but I still can't judge nightmare difficulty), so far even the ultra rare ones I've unlocked have been quite easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Hard went down pretty quickly, 2h30m or so, the square-square-circle combo is the safest one imho, as long as there isn't random crap flying from offscreen, you can avoid most hits, also choosing the right priority in taking down enemies and carefully choosing which of the dropped weapons to use (taking them with you to the next arena if you didn't use them) is a saver. Tomorrow I'll begin to tackle nightmare, I'd say that just 3 out of all the trophies are very hard (maybe only two but I still can't judge nightmare difficulty), so far even the ultra rare ones I've unlocked have been quite easy.

I've been keeping up with your progress, I think there is one more mode after nightmare I'm curious to hear about it lol

18 hours ago, Spookyentertainm said:

I've been keeping up with your progress, I think there is one more mode after nightmare I'm curious to hear about it lol

Yes I know, nightmare should be the last "fair" mode, then the one hit cheapness begins, I guess my posts won't be so lighthearted anymore ?

Edit. Nightmare too has been a breeze, now I've tried Arcade mode before moving to Hell difficulty and it's a different matter, can't even get past the second stage after several attempts, it will take me ages and tons of patience.

Edited by Brightblade76

Spent a few hours in the afternoon trying arcade mode, I've managed to reach halfway of stage 3, it seemed easier than the previous stages, but I was already wrecked and game over. It's quite hard,  the last couple trophies are a lot harder than the rest, it will take me a lot of effort, definitely in the top 5 of my hardest plats.

Edit. I did it, took me a few solid hours of practice, I'd say ten or so attempts and some luck to get the drops from the golden stiff. Now on to the last trophy.

Edited by Brightblade76

Another bit of progress, I've defeated the two main bosses on Hell difficulty, I was especially worried by the last one, which took me 30 or so attempts in the end. Now apart from a couple spots it should be downhill, but I can already say it's an horrible experience, it takes careful planning and almost perfect execution, knowing that just one misstep might instantly lead you to death. Without Zombrides and BlisterSisters it would be way easier imho

9 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Another bit of progress, I've defeated the two main bosses on Hell difficulty, I was especially worried by the last one, which took me 30 or so attempts in the end. Now apart from a couple spots it should be downhill, but I can already say it's an horrible experience, it takes careful planning and almost perfect execution, knowing that just one misstep might instantly lead you to death. Without Zombrides and BlisterSisters it would be way easier imho

Wow kinda makes me think twice now to attempt this game thanks for the info , I've just been bored with games after ninja gaiden sigma 2 and want more ninja gaiden,  only reason I haven't tried razors edge or part 3 is because it has bad reviews oh well

4 hours ago, Spookyentertainm said:

Wow kinda makes me think twice now to attempt this game thanks for the info , I've just been bored with games after ninja gaiden sigma 2 and want more ninja gaiden,  only reason I haven't tried razors edge or part 3 is because it has bad reviews oh well

Well I've cleared every mission beside the first, which is the easiest, now I'm gonna plat Sundered and then I'm gonna pop Yaiba as plat 200. Took way less than expected but some spots have been some of the most unfair challenges I've ever faced, without luck at my side I'd have been hopeless, it's cheap to the point it could have taken me days of unlucky attempts, in some parts skill plays a minor role.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:45 PM, Brightblade76 said:

Well I've cleared every mission beside the first, which is the easiest, now I'm gonna plat Sundered and then I'm gonna pop Yaiba as plat 200. Took way less than expected but some spots have been some of the most unfair challenges I've ever faced, without luck at my side I'd have been hopeless, it's cheap to the point it could have taken me days of unlucky attempts, in some parts skill plays a minor role.

Congrats on the plat I think I'll pass after some of your comments along with a few others from different people lol

8 hours ago, Spookyentertainm said:

Congrats on the plat I think I'll pass after some of your comments along with a few others from different people lol

Thank you. In some other plats it took me more attempts to overcome the hardest trophies, but the general consensus, which I agree with, is that this game hardest difficulty is cheapness at its best, of course there's always some masochist out there who enjoys it lol

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Overthrown_SE said:

Also started playing it today. Started playing on normal and find it already a little challenging.
I dont have a lot of experience with the ninja gaiden games but I will try to complete at least some of them.

Will see how this goes...

Try to perfect the square, square, circle combo, it will be the most useful one on higher difficulties and also in arcade mode. Anyway, expect every kind of cheapness to be thrown at you.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 3 months later...
On 25.6.2021 at 8:02 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Try to perfect the square, square, circle combo, it will be the most useful one on higher difficulties and also in arcade mode. Anyway, expect every kind of cheapness to be thrown at you.

U have any advice on the final boss ? Yesterday i died a lot in this fight and i didnt really get far. i was just a little pissed that u have to replay the whole fight if u die...

Edited by Schrimpey

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 7:32 AM, Schrimpey said:

U have any advice on the final boss ? Yesterday i died a lot in this fight and i didnt really get far. i was just a little pissed that u have to replay the whole fight if u die...

Sorry but I haven't checked the forum in a while, glad you've made it, that fight was hair pulling.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...