Anthem NEXT Cancelled

GUDGER666

Honestly for the best, Bioware was never good at gameplay, and the story and character development  are a pretty weak link  in a looter shooter,  now Bioware can focus more on DA4, or die I guess, but majority of the fault lies in Bioware  in wasting all their time on this, EA could be argued had a fault in thinking  "RPG" is a universal genre, so if Bioware did those  pc rpgs thingy they could just as well do the looter shooter rpg thingy Borderlands  and Destiny  do.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 4

Must be sad for the developers who must have tried their best to rework the game. But at least now they can move on from the project that had had problems throughout the years of development. Hopefully, there won't be any similar horror stories about the Dragon Age 4 development.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Honestly for the best, Bioware was never good at gameplay, and the story and character development  are a pretty weak link  in a looter shooter,  now Bioware can focus more on DA4, or die I guess, but majority of the fault lies in Bioware  in wasting all their time on this, EA could be argued had a fault in thinking  "RPG" is a universal genre, so if Bioware did those  pc rpgs thingy they could just as well do the looter shooter rpg thingy Borderlands  and Destiny  do.

I dunno, Mass Effect 2 / 3 had some pretty nifty gameplay ideas. Not the most innovative for sure, but the mix of shooter elements with psychic power / skills was pretty neat, especially considering that was before every other shooter had MOBA-esque skills.

Im pretty sure they said in the blog that the servers will stay open until further notice right? am i mistaken?, I personelly really liked Anthem the only thing i didnt like was the loot aspect and the goddamn collectables, still have to get around to getting those buggers! nearly 300 of 'em!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 5:31 PM, baboon_overlord said:

A live-service game no-one asked for, that broke multiple promises to gamers, made by a development studio that was totally unsuited to such a task, which directly or indirectly resulted in the loss of the best talent at the studio, which now shafted a lot of people who bought the game.

An absolute shitshow. I'm currently playing Dante's Inferno on PS3. It is inconceivable that EA could or would make a game like that today.

I hate to go after follow gamers but the mindless drones who buy their garbage sports franchise games every year, and buy their disgusting lootboxes are frankly, destroying the industry. I'm playing Madden 11 at the moment as well and that game reminds me of everything EA used to be good at in terms of their sports franchises. I.e. it's an actual game not the game from five years ago with updated rosters/teams, worse gameplay, horrifically grindy online multiplayer and where all the development costs were put into micro-transactions and "surprise mechanics".

I really want Dragon Age 4 to be great, but I think it is going to be a disaster. As much as I enjoyed Dragon Age: Inquisition, the Frostbite Engine is not a good choice for Bioware RPGs ("my face is tired"). In addition to making it a nightmare to make them for genres other than FPSers, which it was designed for, after 100+ hours you start to get "Frostbite fatigue" (or at least I do), whereas other game engines don't do that. 

There is no doubt EA will try and pull some live service/online multiplayer idiocy in DA4 and ruin it. It's almost nailed on at this stage. Plus the best writers are now gone so how true to the existing lore everything will be I have my doubts.

The "Art" in EA left the building a long time ago. If DA4 sucks then I am certain I won't be buying any new games from them ever again.

One of the best posts I've heard someone make on EA in literally ages. Very well written, and pretty much everything I've been feeling about for a long time.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 6:17 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Honestly for the best, Bioware was never good at gameplay,

I've got the Platinums for all three Dragon Age games, I can assure you that Bioware are VERY good at gameplay. Story telling, combat, decisions, lore, romances, actually caring about the characters? Not trying to rag on you but Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games of all time. (I played it AFTER Witcher 3, my favorite game ever) and Inquisition (I would never have played Origins if I hadn't been able to buy DA: Inquisition GOTY for less than £2 on the PS Store in a sale, after which I was hooked).

I have started playing Mass Effect 1 (got it in the sale for the trilogy on PS3) but I much prefer high fantasy to space-based games. I probably love Philip K Dick as much as I love JRR Tolkien but for some reason that doesn't translate to my gaming habits.

18 hours ago, Life-is-Torture said:

EA is the worst videogame company of all, fuck them.

Loving the current "EAGate" - our employees are selling hacked player cards for less than the cost of our loot box economy, we are enraged!

Edited by baboon_overlord
I'm an idiot
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

One of the best posts I've heard someone make on EA in literally ages. Very well written, and pretty much everything I've been feeling about for a long time.

Hey AJ. Thank you. I think you used to be called Spaz, which I kind of felt like a garbage human calling you, since you are really smart. I'm well aware that I owe you a reply to a thread I made (I'm sorry, I don't generally use forums or social media because I'm too busy; and probably, too much of a critical thinker/maverick/asshole to not piss everyone off these days ?) I'll DM you on the other comments you made on my thread. As I have said to you before, I apologize for being so useless.

In the meantime, thank you for this, I appreciate it. ?

18 hours ago, Life-is-Torture said:

EA is the worst videogame company of all, fuck them.

Looking forward to Microsoft and Bethesda partnerships. What would happen if bugs, glitches, viruses, incompetence, DRM and laziness had a baby? IMHO, XBox players will "beta test" Elder Scrolls 6 on a timed exclusive, whilst PS5 players will get a perfect product one or two years later. This already happened with Rise of The Tomb Raider. I can see no downsides to this arrangement as a PlayStation player. ?  

Edited by baboon_overlord
I are stoopid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baboon_overlord said:

I've got the Platinums for all three Dragon Age games, I can assure you that Bioware are VERY good at gameplay. Story telling, combat, decisions, lore, romances, actually caring about the characters? Not trying to rag on you but Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games of all time. (I played it AFTER Witcher 3, my favorite game ever) and Inquisition (I would never have played Origins if I hadn't been able to buy DA: Inquisition GOTY for less than £2 on the PS Store in a sale, after which I was hooked).

I think you messed up your quoting there; it was the person I replied to who said they weren't that good at gameplay. Had me scratching my head because I didn't remember believing that any time in recent history.