Jump to content

If I buy Greymoor, will it unlock previous chapters too?


JoesusHCrust

Recommended Posts

Greymoor is in the EU store sale at present. If I buy it, will I also unlock Elsweyr, Morrowind etc. That I've missed? I checked via Goolge but still not clear. Thanks! 

Am I right that if I buy the Greymoor upgrade, I don't get the previous chapters but if I buy the Greymooor edition of TESOL I do get the previous chapters? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buying Greymoor on its own doesn't include the previous chapters but all previous chapters are part of ESO Plus and you're not going to do this game without ESO Plus, the craft bag that is included as part of it is something you're gonna need if you want to pursue the 100% for this game.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

You get the DLC for the DLC pack you bought. What would be the point of still having previous DLC's up if buying the newest one got you all of them?

The previous chapters are not still up. Morrowind and Elsweyr and Summerset are not available on the PS store in my country (UK). Only Greymoor and pre-orders for Blackwood are still available (and the basic base game). 

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

Buying Greymoor on its own doesn't include the previous chapters but all previous chapters are part of ESO Plus and you're not going to do this game without ESO Plus, the craft bag that is included as part of it is something you're gonna need if you want to pursue the 100% for this game.

Thanks. The ESO Plus pass is $140 per year so I'll probably avoid. I don't have many regrets in my life but popping 2 trophies for ESO is certainly one of them! Now I have 122 unearned trophies from just this one game!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

The previous chapters are not still up. Morrowind and Elsweyr and Summerset are not available on the PS store in my country (UK). Only Greymoor and pre-orders for Blackwood are still available (and the basic base game). 

Thanks. The ESO Plus pass is $140 per year so I'll probably avoid. I don't have many regrets in my life but popping 2 trophies for ESO is certainly one of them! Now I have 122 unearned trophies from just this one game!! 

 

 

You don't need ESO plus, and you aren't SOL. 

 

If you buy "ESO: Greymoor upgrade" (Currently 8.99) you only get Greymoor. If you buy "Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor" (Currently 14.99) you get the base game, and ALL previous upgrades. So for 14.99 you get the base game, Morrowind, Elsweyr, Summerset and Greymoor. (Even if you don't need the base game, it's a great deal since you missed the previous upgrades)

 

I realize that's in the US and you are in the UK, but the prices should be similar if it's on sale there.

 

Every "new" version has come out with an edition that has all the previous editions included, or a simple upgrade option for owners of the previous editions.

 

 

 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

You don't need ESO plus, and you aren't SOL. 

 

If you buy "ESO: Greymoor upgrade" (Currently 8.99) you only get Greymoor. If you buy "Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor" (Currently 14.99) you get the base game, and ALL previous upgrades. So for 14.99 you get the base game, Morrowind, Elsweyr, Summerset and Greymoor. (Even if you don't need the base game, it's a great deal since you missed the previous upgrades)

 

I realize that's in the US and you are in the UK, but the prices should be similar if it's on sale there.

 

Every "new" version has come out with an edition that has all the previous editions included, or a simple upgrade option for owners of the previous editions.

 

 

 

Thanks! It looks like you NA folks get a slightly better deal as the game is £14.99 over here but still not expensive. I think I might get it. I can live with a few unearned trophies (I'm never going to get the Emperor of Tamriel trophy) but 122 is just painful!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Thanks! It looks like you NA folks get a slightly better deal as the game is £14.99 over here but still not expensive. I think I might get it. I can live with a few unearned trophies (I'm never going to get the Emperor of Tamriel trophy) but 122 is just painful!! 

 

 

I hear ya, I only have one trophy from years ago, but I don't have room for the game on my HD lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll just say in regards to the comments you made about ESO Plus, I'm gonna list the prices of the DLC packs for the game in crowns below:

 

Bundle Containing Thieves Guild, Imperial City, Dark Brotherhood and Orsinium: 4000 Crowns

Dragonhold: 2000 Crowns

Dragon Bones: 1500 Crowns

Harrowstorm: 1500 Crowns

Markarth: 2000 Crowns

Murkmire: 2000 Crowns

Scalebreaker: 1500 Crowns

Clockwork City: 2000 Crowns

Stonethorn: 1500 Crowns

Wolfhunter: 1500 Crowns

Wrathstone: 1500 Crowns

Horns of the Reach: 1500 Crowns

 

That comes to 22,500 Crowns to buy every DLC pack that isn't a chapter DLC. If you don't want to do the 2nd list for the game then you don't need to include Harrowstorm, Stonethorn or Markarth in your purchases, so that'll make the rest of the DLC excluding those cost 17,500 crowns, currently on the PSN Store it costs £73.99 for 14,000 crowns and £109.99 for 21,000 crowns, you'll either spend over £80 or over £100 either way if you want to buy the DLC with crowns instead of doing the DLC with an ESO Plus Subscription, ESO Plus includes all of the DLC that I listed above and also gives you 1650 crowns for every month of your subscription. Buying the DLC with crowns doesn't give you the benefits that come with ESO Plus such as the XP, Craft Bag, Bank Space, double transmute crystal holding capacity. You will pick up hundreds of crafting materials on ESO along the way to earning 100% of the trophies, if you don't have the craft bag you won't have any means of holding onto important materials, but if you have the craft bag then those materials get put into the craft bag. Fishing bait that you need for the "Master Fisher" trophy goes into your craft bag, you'll need thousands of every bait type to get that trophy, managing your inventory for that bait without the craft bag would be very annoying. I don't know how much you play games but I'm sure you won't take a year to 100% ESO if you actively play it, if you got 6 months of ESO Plus it'd cost £53.99, which is half the price you'd have to pay to buy all of the DLC separately.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sergen said:

.......

That's helpful. I'll have to think about whether I want to invest in this game or not. I don't usually have that much time for gaming as I have a young child to look after and it looks like to 100% this would be quite a big time and effort investment. Your comments have definitely given me some good info to make an informed choice. Thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

That's helpful. I'll have to think about whether I want to invest in this game or not. I don't usually have that much time for gaming as I have a young child to look after and it looks like to 100% this would be quite a big time and effort investment. Your comments have definitely given me some good info to make an informed choice. Thanks! 

 

This game is definetly a huge time killer. if you don't have a lot of time to spend, i don't think ESO plus is the very usefull. It has advantages, but not so much when you're not playing excessively.

 

Here's my suggestion, if you want to be cost effective: The base game already has 100s of hours of stuff to do. As long as you're not done with that, spending money on DLC or ESO Plus doesn't make much sense. If you're comfortable with spending $15 or whatever the sale price is for you for the greymoor + previous DLC (not the Greymoor upgrade alone!!!), do it. Another 100s of hours of stuff to do, plus it adds a lot of fun stuff to make the game more interesting.

Then, when all of this is done and getting boring, maybe think about a month or two of ESO Plus to finish up with everything that's left and not included in what you already have.

Edited by Skargarim
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Skargarim said:

 

.........

Thanks. I'm now actually thinking about not buying it as it opens up a new separate trophy list that I'll then not have completed - creating even more unfinished trophies. At the moment, my priority is cleaning up my unfinished backlog and trying to get that completion rate up. I think that for the moment, I will concentrate on the main game since that's 46 trophies that I can potentially complete without spending any extra money. If Greymoor was included in the 122 unearned trophies, I'd have bought it but as it is, I may avoid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Thanks. I'm now actually thinking about not buying it as it opens up a new separate trophy list that I'll then not have completed - creating even more unfinished trophies. At the moment, my priority is cleaning up my unfinished backlog and trying to get that completion rate up. I think that for the moment, I will concentrate on the main game since that's 46 trophies that I can potentially complete without spending any extra money. If Greymoor was included in the 122 unearned trophies, I'd have bought it but as it is, I may avoid. 

 


Well the thing is, as soon as you start the game up, you'll get that second trophy list, no matter what. Just FYI

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Thanks. I'm now actually thinking about not buying it as it opens up a new separate trophy list that I'll then not have completed - creating even more unfinished trophies. At the moment, my priority is cleaning up my unfinished backlog and trying to get that completion rate up. I think that for the moment, I will concentrate on the main game since that's 46 trophies that I can potentially complete without spending any extra money. If Greymoor was included in the 122 unearned trophies, I'd have bought it but as it is, I may avoid. 

 

You'd only be locked into the 2nd list if you earn a trophy from one of those DLC packs and you've really got to go out of your way to do that. None of those packs on the 2nd list are something you will unintentionally earn a trophy in if you're aware of what the content is. Like if you randomly join Stone Garden you can leave the group to not have to play it. But what I'll say is that you might not have the right mindset going into this game, you seem to just wanna get it over with because it's in your backlog, this isn't really one of those games where you can go in with that kind of mindset because it takes over 600 hours to 100% it no matter which route you take. 

 

The fastest time is a fabrication, the person who earned it prepared nearly every trophy by intentionally avoiding earning trophies on the game until the speed run could commence, their play time when I checked was 950 hours, so nobody should be under the impression that the game can genuinely be done in less than 3 weeks. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...