Best XP/Money farm in 2021

Helyx

This method requires the DLC, but it's the fastest and easiest method for getting coins to upgrade your classes.

Episode 5: Marseille - Mission 2: Missile Command

Difficulty: Extreme

If you have the disc version of the game, you can even delete the patch and get the trophy for upgrading all classes without worrying about the Dronemaster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ElliotSmithy said:

I'm using this at the moment still very tedious. I need to do all levels on insane too is it worth doing with randoms or with a group? 

It's much less tedious than the 200 coins using the recommendations in the guide.

I just finished my last mission on Insane (Jerusalem 2) with randoms using the crossplay feature. PC players are overpowered and can easily carry you through any level, even on Extreme.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, TA_317 said:

Is this the dlc level? If so, the game doesn't let me buy the dlc, it says "This Content Can't Be Selected At This Time" what do I do?

Yes, this is the Marseille DLC expansion. It comes in the GotY version but you should be able to purchase the DLC separately or use the season pass.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2746-CUSA14046_00-WWZWEAPONSKIN702

18 hours ago, Helyx said:

Yes, this is the Marseille DLC expansion. It comes in the GotY version but you should be able to purchase the DLC separately or use the season pass.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2746-CUSA14046_00-WWZWEAPONSKIN702

Oh okay, thanks. I'll let you know if it works

Edit: Still doesn't work, it's still blacked out

Edited by TA_317
Update

• 2 weeks later...

There is another way that does not require the DLC expansion. It gives you 850 coins (1050 if you catch the virus sample) that is in the third level of the first expansion. When creating a private server, go to mutators and turn on Perfect Condition and I Feel Your Pain

For more info see the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUQn2WTW2E

Edited by TugaCruz

1 hour ago, TugaCruz said:

When creating a private server, go to mutators and turn on Perfect Condition and I Feel Your Pain.

Last I played, activating any mutator locked you out of trophies. This method looks ok if you're after blue coins, but as far as gold goes, it's three times as long for an extra 50% in gains. Plus, you'll have to fight a horde using this method and still finish the mission. It's a viable method, for sure, but not as efficient as the one already mentioned above.

12-15 minutes for 1050 coins

3-5 minutes for 640 coins

On 13/04/2021 at 6:07 PM, Helyx said:

Last I played, activating any mutator locked you out of trophies. This method looks ok if you're after blue coins, but as far as gold goes, it's three times as long for an extra 50% in gains. Plus, you'll have to fight a horde using this method and still finish the mission. It's a viable method, for sure, but not as efficient as the one already mentioned above.

12-15 minutes for 1050 coins

3-5 minutes for 640 coins

Yes, the mutators locks you out of the trophies, but you can still farm gold and blue coins.

It's a method that who doesn't own the DLC can farm, but i agree with you, it's more time consuming.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:48 PM, TugaCruz said:

Yes, the mutators locks you out of the trophies, but you can still farm gold and blue coins.

It's a method that who doesn't own the DLC can farm, but i agree with you, it's more time consuming.

I actually used mutators to grind the money and while doing so I unlocked the 100 PvE trophy and other misc trophies like using only the pistol. I think the only trophy you can't unlock using mutators is the one for beating all levels on insane.

Also I'm using a different level to grind with the Perfect Condition and I Feel Your Pain mutators.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theSpirae said:

I found it way more enjoyable than running the missions on Insane over and over again.

Yeah, this method goes for maximum efficiency of resources vs time. Definitely not the way to go if you're still enjoying the game after finishing everything else.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OMG... I finally got this damn trophy. This is probably my most grindy platinum. I would like to thank my PC monitor and Tv Show "Scrubs" for being there with me this whole time. If not for you I would go insane. For once I thought I heard the voice of Vaas Montenegro...

In all seriousness, I got bored with the game quite fast (played on PC on release), so I wanted to get it over with as quick as possible. If you don't have DLC, running third level from first chapter is the most efficient way. Doing horde mode is not time/coins efficient if you play solo/with randoms. If you have a good team (preferably other 3 players on PC), then you can make horde mode somewhat efficient, but only if you go each time beyond wave 22-23 fast enough and on hard difficulty. Although if your team is really that good, speed running Hell and high water will still be more efficient because sometimes you can get more than one virus sample (I believe up to 3 max). 

For anyone who interested, here is a reddit post by SokaDrake that I compared my results with. This guy did a huge work on comparing all modes on different difficulties with all possible payouts and recorded everything in a spreadsheet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WildeNick said:

Doing horde mode is not time/coins efficient if you play solo/with randoms.

Yeah, I wasn't able to use Horde mode since it was 100% reliant on a group of PC players carrying me. Thanks for linking the spreadsheet in case someone finds it useful.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Tunnel Vision on extreme is also extremely easy to get exp on. Numerous exploits on the level and you can clip out of bounds on the finale so the zombies can't attack you

Damn, this would have been useful. Maybe it'll work in the new WWZ: Aftermath coming to PS5.

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2021 at 5:04 PM, Helyx said:

Yeah, I wasn't able to use Horde mode since it was 100% reliant on a group of PC players carrying me. Thanks for linking the spreadsheet in case someone finds it useful.

Damn, this would have been useful. Maybe it'll work in the new WWZ: Aftermath coming to PS5.

So the glitch still works in aftermath on the ps4 version running on ps5, but it is harder to pull off now that the game is running in 60 fps instead of 30 fps from before

Edited by SnowxSakura