Unlock All VR missions and Characters

12 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

When you first load into the VR missions menu you are asked to enter your codename, birthday and nationality. Entering your codename as "UUDDLRLRBA" unlocks every single character and VR mission from the get-go. This means you can jump straight into the difficult missions without first having to slog through the insanely repetitive/boring earlier VR missions. 

I really wish I knew of this before I started my VR journey, knocking out the difficult missions first would've made me a lot happier. Having to go through all of these easy missions knowing the really difficult shit awaits me is a massive pain...

dont you still have to complete all of the missions though?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, walafc0 said:

This has not yet happened but looking at your profile, congratulations for this hard platinum !

No guarantees yet, but thanks! I’m only 40% of way through, shame about the repetitive nature of these missions.

56 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

dont you still have to complete all of the missions though?

Yes, but the way I look at it getting the toughest missions out of the way first would be a blessing. Grinding through all of the easy missions only to reach a roadblock near the end would be extremely frustrating.

• 5 months later...
On 25/02/2021 at 2:17 PM, GraniteSnake said:

No guarantees yet, but thanks! I’m only 40% of way through, shame about the repetitive nature of these missions.

Yes, but the way I look at it getting the toughest missions out of the way first would be a blessing. Grinding through all of the easy missions only to reach a roadblock near the end would be extremely frustrating.

Did you do this on a PS3? I got to the last M4 hold up missions and they are impossible to do on PS Now.

7 hours ago, BR_Turner said:

Did you do this on a PS3? I got to the last M4 hold up missions and they are impossible to do on PS Now.

Yup, PS3. Are you using a DualShock 4 to play through PS Now? If so then those missions will indeed be impossible, as the DS4 lacks the pressure sensitive buttons needed to hold up enemies correctly in MGS.

I think if you stream PS Now through a laptop/PC you can use a DS3 but don’t quote me on that. You’ll also need a genuine DS3 as the fakes don’t seem to work, at least from my experience.

3 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Yup, PS3. Are you using a DualShock 4 to play through PS Now? If so then those missions will indeed be impossible, as the DS4 lacks the pressure sensitive buttons needed to hold up enemies correctly in MGS.

I think if you stream PS Now through a laptop/PC you can use a DS3 but don’t quote me on that. You’ll also need a genuine DS3 as the fakes don’t seem to work, at least from my experience.

I was playing on PS Now with a DuelSense. I had no idea it was going to be this impossible until I finished everything else. After a lot of hours and beating the game several times it is crushing and the sad thing is I have a Mac, not a PC.

You can't win them all I guess ha.

1 hour ago, BR_Turner said:

I was playing on PS Now with a DuelSense. I had no idea it was going to be this impossible until I finished everything else. After a lot of hours and beating the game several times it is crushing and the sad thing is I have a Mac, not a PC.

You can't win them all I guess ha.

Man, that sucks. Can you not stream PS Now through a Mac?

I see you own a Vita. Maybe do some research on transferring data between the two. Maybe you could transfer your current progress to the Vita version, complete the hold up missions on that, then transfer it back and pop both plats? I haven’t used transferring so I’m not entirely sure how it all works!

10 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Man, that sucks. Can you not stream PS Now through a Mac?

I see you own a Vita. Maybe do some research on transferring data between the two. Maybe you could transfer your current progress to the Vita version, complete the hold up missions on that, then transfer it back and pop both plats? I haven’t used transferring so I’m not entirely sure how it all works!

I have taken to buying the HD collection on PS3 as even the controls are spotting on PS Now via PC. (Had a friend test it)

Just give me hope that the damn controls aren't so annoying on PS3. This Platinum is my White Whale and I need it at this point haha. 

I also don't have a Vita, which game showed this out of curiosity? 

Edited by BR_Turner
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BR_Turner said:

I have taken to buying the HD collection on PS3 as even the controls are spotting on PS Now via PC. (Had a friend test it)

Just give me hope that the damn controls aren't so annoying on PS3. This Platinum is my WhiteWale and I need it at this point haha. 

I also don't have a Vita, which game showed this out of curiosity? 

First I love WhatCulture Gaming so awesome username and avatar.

Second, you have multiple games on your profile that are "multiplatform" trophy list meaning they share a list between PS3, PS4, and Vita. So I am guessing that GraniteSnake presumed you had one.

Good luck with your White Whale, I gave up on this one years ago.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2021 at 0:52 AM, da-Noob123 said:

First I love WhatCulture Gaming so awesome username and avatar.

Second, you have multiple games on your profile that are "multiplatform" trophy list meaning they share a list between PS3, PS4, and Vita. So I am guessing that GraniteSnake presumed you had one.

Good luck with your White Whale, I gave up on this one years ago.

Ah, thanks Noob. You've just reminded me that nobody is invisible on the internet anymore ?

I guess that is probably what GraniteSnake was on about. 

I will get it, I won't be beaten...

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

This is actually a really good tip. This allows you to go through the same missions from a character to another, so once you have done it for one it’s easy to just do the same thing (there’s only a slight variation most of the time). Also starting from the bottom of the list with the hardest stuff first makes the learning curve steep from the start, but overall make the rest of the missions feel piss easy. I’m really going through this without any roadblock, I think I even passed the hardest already (Zako, protect the box/curry/Meryl, ‘’elminate all’’ MGS 1 version etc…)

• Like 2