Cadence low% question on ps4

I've never tested this out as I just avoided picking up the weapon all together. I do have a strong feeling it will ruin the low% run though. Honestly I think it's pretty stupid that they placed a weapon over there. The run is already difficult on its own, but things like these make it even more difficult/annoying. ?

• Like 1

I think it still counts as low% actually, as Cadence doesn't pick up anything still.

You can see in this video that they pick up the flail with Dorian, and immediately pause, and you can still see the "low percent" in the lower left corner. You can also see that at the very end on the results screen. Still a good idea to test it out yourself though of course?

• Like 1

I have tested it out and have cleared Cadence Low % numerous times now. Likewise, as said by hokuhokureiha (One of the best low % and the holder of the WR of lowest of the low % time) in the ND Discord, Dorian is free to pick up the weapon. :D

However, Cadence should not pick up Dorian's dagger. What I normally do is I open the door (after unlocking it, that means there's 1 space between Dorian and Cadence), see if it's a weapon I like (normally a Long sword), then I have them both throw the dagger leftwards (Cadence should be on the left, Dorian on the right).  Afterwards, move down and up again (So that Cadence picks up her dagger), so Dorian's dagger will be left behind and he's free to pick up his weapon.

With this, you won't have to worry about Cadence accidentally picking up Dorian's dagger. :)

Also, I want to add this because I'm not sure if you're aware yet, but if you don't have Amplified (I assume you won't have amplified when you do Lowest of the Low%), DO NOT Throw Bolt's spear. Throwing it and picking it up will invalidate low% for Bolt.

Edited by r2rokid
(Added info for Bolt low% while we're here)
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
Yes you can pick up the free weapon in the Necrodancer story boss but only with Dorian, he doesn't really need it as he already spawns with two base damage and built in armour. It's free anyways and somehow doesn't break the low% state, so probably best to take it.
Edited by Kimura Takahashi
Typos

just one more observation, when you're watching necrodancer videos be careful with the version the player is using, whether it's on PC or not, an example of this is that if you get the bolt spear launching it without the dlc on PS it will cancel the Low %, while on PC dont.

Edited by Riku_KHX
  • Like 1