How active is multiplayer? 2021

Damarcus_96_

I haven’t played this for like 6 months or something, but the servers were quite full then and I’d wager anything that they’re still going strong.

This is one of those games that has a really loyal player base that has played for years. Even the PS3 version still has games running all day long, and the place is completely overrun with lvl 999 players.

You will have no problem finding games in the popular game modes, I assure you. ?

edit:

If you’re looking to play with some other trophy hunters rather than spend more time in public games, I’d recommend going to the sessions page and joining suffocationgr’s group.

He has run a TLoU boosting group for years and there’s like 100+ people in it currently. When I decided to platinum this game for a 2nd time on PS4, I opted to play with boosters this time around rather than play with the pros in public matches, and I have to say it was a lot of fun!

That group runs a really tight ship and know exactly what they’re doing, they’re a great group of guys and will help you get all your trophies done in a more relaxed and friendly environment. The only catch is that you need to get a Discord account for the chat.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I haven’t played this for like 6 months or something, but the servers were quite full then and I’d wager anything that they’re still going strong.

This is one of those games that has a really loyal player base that has played for years. Even the PS3 version still has games running all day long, and the place is completely overrun with lvl 999 players.

You will have no problem finding games in the popular game modes, I assure you. 1f609.png

The PS3 servers are down if I recall correctly. But yes, there are plenty of people still playing on PS4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

If you’re looking to play with some other trophy hunters rather than spend more time in public games, I’d recommend going to the sessions page and joining suffocationgr’s group.

Would definitely recommend that, I did a couple sessions with them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DharmaInitiate said:

The PS3 servers are down if I recall correctly. But yes, there are plenty of people still playing on PS4.

Oh really? That’s a bummer. That must have happened not too long ago.

It’s been a couple years since I platinumed the PS3 version, but even back then I was completely surprised with how populated the servers were. There were hundreds of daily players, and despite doing the journeys solo, I never once had a problem finding a public match. The only games that were difficult to find were some of the DLC maps.

5 minutes ago, iliya0212 said:

Would definitely recommend that, I did a couple sessions with them.

Yeah they’re a great group. ?

Extremely well organized too, which makes it very friendly to noobs who are just starting the journeys and aren’t quite sure what they’re supposed to do.

And they will always prioritize people with 100% risk missions so you don’t ever have to worry about losing your clan like OP did last time he tried this.

It's active and easy enough to do on your own legit. Bringing in other boosters is not necessary since winning matches isn't required at all and you'd just be adding on extra time for the boost to help everyone. I did it twice last year in less than 20 hours, and you can skip a lot of the matches anyway. Go for it, it's not difficult at all its just incredibly boring.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Oh really? That’s a bummer. That must have happened not too long ago.

It’s been a couple years since I platinumed the PS3 version, but even back then I was completely surprised with how populated the servers were. There were hundreds of daily players, and despite doing the journeys solo, I never once had a problem finding a public match. The only games that were difficult to find were some of the DLC maps.

The PS3 servers for this game closed 2 years ago, along with those for Uncharted 2 and 3.

3 hours ago, iliya0212 said:

It depends on an hours and game modes, but people are still playing, so you can do all trophies legit if that's what you want. 

This^

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

You will have no problem finding games in the popular game modes, I assure you. 1f609.png

edit:

He has run a TLoU boosting group for years and there’s like 100+ people in it currently. When I decided to platinum this game for a 2nd time on PS4, I opted to play with boosters this time around rather than play with the pros in public matches, and I have to say it was a lot of fun!

That group runs a really tight ship and know exactly what they’re doing, they’re a great group of guys and will help you get all your trophies done in a more relaxed and friendly environment. The only catch is that you need to get a Discord account for the chat.

...and this^

The activity levels very much depend on the mode and time of day. I boosted the online stuff a couple of years back and certain modes were dead as a door nail before 8pm GMT 0, whereas others were always jam packed with people so getting an empty lobby was difficult and required some planning. Once you get into a rhythm, you can boost all of the online trophies in 25hrs or less, especially if you use the day skip exploit if things go pear shaped for your community and it looks like you're going to fail a challenge.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers for this game closed 2 years ago, along with those for Uncharted 2 and 3.

Damn... time sure flies. It feels like the Uncharted servers only went down like a year or so ago... I believe it’s been almost exactly 3 years since I started trophy hunting, and both TLoU & Uncharted were among the very first games I platinumed early on, so that means the servers would have closed not long after I finished those games. That just shows that my perception of time is waaay off.

Once you get into a rhythm, you can boost all of the online trophies in 25hrs or less, especially if you use the day skip exploit if things go pear shaped for your community if it looks like you're going to fail a challenge.

Absolutely! The journeys are not nearly as daunting as they seem at first, as long as you’re skipping days using the exploit.

However, a crucial tip for the OP if he reads this - 

A very common mistake people make is to get caught up in thinking they need to pass EVERY risk mission that comes up. So they waste all their easy/moderate challenge constraints on these unnecessary missions, and then get stuck on a 100% risk mission having to do some really difficult challenge like 20 Sniper Rifle downs or some shit like that, which causes them to lose their entire clan.

So it’s actually best to just completely ignore all the risk missions below 100%, and let it wipe out like 20% or 60% of your clan or whatever. Just make sure you have a couple healthy survivors when you fail these missions, so it doesn’t completely wipe out your clan.

Now your 100% risk missions will always pop up at the following times:

1. Week 6 - Day 1
  2. Week 8, Day 2
  3. Week 10, Day 3
  4. Week 11, Day 6
  5. Week 12, Day 4

So if you ignored all the other risk missions, then all you have to do for these 5 missions are choose the absolute easiest challenges you can pick from the list. Go for stuff like Down Enemies, Weapon-Specific Downs, Executions, Revives, Crafting Gifts etc. (the latter, reviving/healing teammates and crafting gifts are the safest ones to choose if you have to play public matches IMO) and Also note that you only have to complete Tier 1 of each challenge.

If you follow this thinking then you should never have to worry about losing your clan, even if you get stuck having to do a 100% mission in a public match. ?

The game is still very popular, I got all trophies like 2 months ago and never really had issues at finding lobbies.

You don't even need to boost anything at all, the trophies are easy and 100% risk missions are nothing to worry about because the game has plenty of easy tasks you can save for those missions (like get 2-4-6-... revives, get 3-6-... kills, get 2-4-... downs). With the "play 1 match - skip 2 matches" you can get all trophies in 1 week with no stress.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, ZainZSM222 said:

Are they active now I have not started as of yet and if the servers are down I won't be starting it please confirm it

Very active, last of us multiplayer, uncharted 4 multiplayer still rocks, enjoy ?

• Like 3