Competition: PS4, PSVita, and games up for grabs

Sly Ripper

Also guys - if you have any feedback on the game - feel free to tell us, we'll be ver happy to get your opinions.

an issue that's starting to get annoying :hmm:  is I try beating the builder & @ times I will fall behind ladder :facepalm:  as he finishes building and instead of being able to walk out and trying to climb ladder I'm stuck :shakefist:  behind it and having to restart <_< .

edit : jesus, and I need and S ranking !! wtf. hahaha :lol:

Edited by BDKSimba
  • Like 1

Also guys - if you have any feedback on the game - feel free to tell us, we'll be ver happy to get your opinions.

I have been playing the game on the Vita for a couple of hours, and these are my first thoughts.

* The tutorial area, Forest, is four levels. This feels nice and is a nice amount of levels for an area

* The tutorial taught me that fall damage was bad, but it took a couple of tries before I figured out where I could jump up. Basically it was a tree in the background that I tried to jump to several times before I figured out that I was doing something wrong. This annoyed me.

* The next area is 15 levels, this is way to many. It doesn't feel I make any progress and I loose interest in the game. Fewer levels per area and more areas instead would be great.

* The levels are too long, it takes too long time to grasp the overview of the level. I need to redo the level multiple times before I figure out the solution. It's not my mind who plays the game, it's more trial and error.

* The game feels like a bad version of The Lost Vikings. I got some feelings of King Arthur's World in the beginning as well, but again, A-Men 2 is a bad version of it.

* It does take me back to C64 difficulty. For me, this is not a good experience. Today with the amount of games, I want to be able to complete a game within a reasonable amount of time. It feels like A-Men 2 require a lot of time. I have played a couple of hours and is nowhere done with Night Missions area.

* I am grateful for the competition, I like and support such events.

EDIT: Played some more, and have some more thoughts.

* The game doesn't seem to be cross-buy. This is very bad. I want to be able to play it on both PS3 and the Vita without extra cost.

* No cloud-save, probably because of the above mentioned lack of cross-buy.

* A minor detail, but there are two separate trophy lists for each platform. They should be combined.

* The Vita depends on Near to get gear upgrades. This requires me to have a friend who have bought the game as well. Since the game isn't cross-buy, I can't see how it works on the PS3. But I guess you can just buy the gear upgrade with your own in-game money. So you who are reading this and want to go into the competition, buy the PS3 version because I believe the gear upgrade are a lot easier to get.

* The control of the character feels slippery. There was a box and two flamethrowers behind it, I tried to jump onto the box a couple of times but my character slide into the flames.

Edited by Ragowit
  • Like 1

Can the scores for S-Ranks be variable somewhere? Giving us a basis on what we need to do as far as getting a score. 

After playing through the first couple levels, I feel comfortable saying the tutorial system is flawed. I should be able to read the tutorials for every aspect of the game in the main menu before I get into the game and am forced to read a question mark in the midst of a battle.

The hitboxes seem very large. In the same place Ragowit was jumping onto the boxes, I often made it on and then burst into flames, while I was clearly not above the flames. I'm not sure which box is too large, but there is clearly a problem here.

Relying on the Near system is a bad way to expect me to get your upgrades. I seriously have no friends with a PS-Vita, much less friends I'm willing to extort to earn upgrades that I feel are most likely necessary for S ranks....

Okay right now I have even worse issue. In-game counter (in medals) shows less S ranks than I actually have. In all 3 areas.

For example right now I have 8 S ranks in Hidden Labs. However counter shows 7.

This happened after I closed the game after getting S rank (not immediately, I went to the menu before closing it). I have tried replaying this level - but it didn't help. I even replayed all levels in this area.

So... what should I do?

So it's been discovered that one of the trophies will not unlock when it should, which also stops a second trophy unlocking. This makes being able to tell who did it the fastest pretty much impossible, and we don't know yet when a patch will be released.

Kevinnummer1 is the only player to get to this stage so far, Bloober Team have seen his proof of having S rank on all the needed levels for the trophy to unlock.

Right now it seems like Kevinnummer1 will get 1st place, 2nd/3rd may go to the next people to get to the same stage. I'm still waiting to hear back on what will happen with 2nd/3rd.

Okay right now I have even worse issue. In-game counter (in medals) shows less S ranks than I actually have. In all 3 areas.
For example right now I have 8 S ranks in Hidden Labs. However counter shows 7.
This happened after I closed the game after getting S rank (not immediately, I went to the menu before closing it). I have tried replaying this level - but it didn't help. I even replayed all levels in this area.

So... what should I do?

Get S rank on all the levels you can, sync your trophies too. Do the levels you should have S rank on have an S rank?

The competition is a mixture of being one of the first but also having the fastest total completion time. !

Right now it seems like Kevinnummer1 will get 1st place, 2nd/3rd may go to the next people to get to the same stage. I'm still waiting to hear back on what will happen with 2nd/3rd.

this is gonna B a tough 1. there are other Members staking claim that finished after kevinnummer1 but has a shorting completion time. :hmm: .

edit : yeah. I would vote k#1 keep 1st place :ninja: . I just noticed that ya can play the whole game on the vita for days but they don't get time stamped until they sync up with the PS3 and or network.. :hmm:  :facepalm:

Edited by BDKSimba

And now I got (virtually) 100%. I have glitches with S ranks in all 3 areas, so none of S-rank related trophies popped. However I have proof that all conditions were met only just now (uploading right now)... Well, except 3-13. There's achievement to kill all enemies and there're 17 enemies. But counter says that there're 21. However on ps3 it says 17. So that level is glitched.

UPD: video showing all S ranks is up

Edited by vivan
  • Like 1

homepage-banner-winners.jpg

So there's a couple of trophy bugs which prevent some trophies from popping, but the in-game requirements can still be fulfilled. There's also an extra bug on the Vita version with Near which prevents an S-rank trophy from unlocking. All winners submitted videos to prove the in-game requirements were met.

1st. Vivan000, planned out the trophies so they could all be unlocked together, filmed it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmuTsdBWi8

2nd. Solid_phantom, completed in 2 days, 9 hours.

3rd. Kevinnummer1, completed in just over a week

• Like 2

And now I got (virtually) 100%. I have glitches with S ranks in all 3 areas, so none of S-rank related trophies popped. However I have proof that all conditions were met only just now (uploading right now)... Well, except 3-13. There's achievement to kill all enemies and there're 17 enemies. But counter says that there're 21. However on ps3 it says 17. So that level is glitched.

UPD: video showing all S ranks is up

Good strategy and congrats on ps4.

homepage-banner-winners.jpg

So there's a couple of trophy bugs which prevent some trophies from popping, but the in-game requirements can still be fulfilled. There's also an extra bug on the Vita version with Near which prevents an S-rank trophy from unlocking. All winners submitted videos to prove the in-game requirements were met.

1st. Vivan000, planned out the trophies so they could all be unlocked together, filmed it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmuTsdBWi8

2nd. Solid_phantom, completed in 2 days, 9 hours.

3rd. Kevinnummer1, completed in just over a week

Wow, than Vivan guy is smart o.o