peffsi

Is your DualSense drifting?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Is your DualSense drifting?

• Yes, it is constantly drifting and makes games unplayable
    • Yes, it happens sometimes
    • Yes, but just a little bit / rarely
    • No

All my controllers doing fine, even my DualShock4 bought at PS4's launch in 2013. And it's not like I haven't played a lot of games since 2013. 

I imagine that the lawyers launched the lawsuit in the expectation that there will be DualSense drift issues because they use the same components. 

• 3 weeks later...

for me i've only drifted when playing ps4 games on PS5 and here's the funny thing, it'd drift non stop but when i restarted the console it never did it again. personally i think all the messing around with sony's servers have caused this on their end, i know some youtuber made a vid "exposing" the drift issue but in all honesty i think it's BS. the drift I had didn't  seem like drift more like some sorta  firmware issue or something, since the controller has it's own firmware doesn't it.

but in every case where i've had drift a restart fixed it permanantly for that specific game and it never came back.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

On 2/25/2021 at 0:24 PM, DaivRules said:

I also see this class action either being expanded to include Nintendo and MS and eventually getting settled because the premise that Sony released the DualSense with the intention of them all failing and selling people new controllers isn't going to fly with a jury. The lawyers will make bank and Sony will reiterate that the 1 year warranty covers stick drift.

Well the same law firm that tried to do class actions with Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony for their stick drifts (because yes, they all use the same potentiometer) has been forced into individual arbitration with the Nintendo and now with the MS cases ( https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-xbox-controller-drift-lawsuit-has-entered-arbitration/ )

Looks like it’s only a matter of time before the Sony case is also forced into arbitration as well since they all have the same legal clauses and the lawyers were unable to argue the issue is as widespread as they are claiming.

Still need a better design for the potentiometer though. 

• Like 1

No but I'm only using my DualSense for PS5 games, any backwards compatible PS4 games I play will be done so using my DualShock 4. I have two DualSenses so even if one goes, I have a backup at least. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just started to get a little drift on right analog, had it about 3 month, the one that surprised me is my L2, the adaptive trigger when I first got.

Was shooting a bow on astro playroom and the resistance made me confused for a second and I'm pretty sure I crunched it so I have a floppy L2, have to wedge it up on shooters to stop it doing auto ADS

• 3 weeks later...

A little update.. since I created this topic on Feb 25, I haven't noticed my controller drifting at all, and I use it every day. Maybe there was just a speck of dust stuck in there. Or there was some issue with those specific games.. but I can't imagine why that would happen. Fingers crossed.

Just sent my 2nd dualsense to Sony for a replacement. Yep, I was lucky enough to have my two controllers have real bad drifting in the first six months. 
Thankfully, Sony is aware of the issue and will replace any faulty controllers for free and without any hassle.