Another PS3 having issues connecting to the internet thread

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

So for some reason, out of the blue, one of my PS3s is having issues connecting to the internet. It can still connect, but I'm often getting signed out with "an error has occurred. You've been signed out of PSN 80028E01". Sometimes this will happen immediately when trying to sign in, other times it takes forever to sign in, then seems fine but I eventually get logged out again, sometimes a few minutes later, sometimes a few hours, and almost always immediately when starting a game for some reason. And sometimes when trying an internet connection test, it will fail almost immediately on "internet connection" after obtaining IP address, with the same error code (80028E01).

I noticed a similar thread on here suggesting generating a new device password, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I've checked down detector, apparently no issues with PSN, and I checked my main PS3 and that seems to be able to log in fine. Another strange thing is that the avatar for the account on the affected PS3 has reverted to the blank smiley face, and the profile often takes a while to load. When I check it via my friends list on my main PS3 with my main account, it's the same thing: blank smiley face and sometimes takes a while to load the trophies/etc.

Already tried the usual of rebooting the system and my router, everything else seems to be able to connect fine, including another PS3, as aforementioned. Anyone know what might be up with this? I should note it's a Canadian PS3, slim model, with a Canadian account on the system, dunno if that matters at all.

Edit: Also occasionally getting error code 8002ED6 instead

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, vegetollo7 said:

This happened to me last night with my PS3. I was watching YouTube vids and I randomly was signed out of PSN with that error. When I tried to log back in I kept getting the same error. 

I haven't tried it yet today though. I'm in the US on the east coast.

Strange, maybe something PSN related that's specific to PS3s is happening right now. My main PS3 is fine as I said, but it's a UK PS3 with my main UK account on it, so I dunno if perhaps this is also specific to the US/Canada.

Wasn't having any issues when I last used this PS3 last than a week ago, but I've just been playing on my PS4 and 3DS most of the week. Haven't been having any issues on my PS4, aside from uploading saves to PS Plus being a bit slow.

5 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I'm having the same issue. I managed to sign in after 5 attempts but was signed out almost immediately. Same error code.

Well at least it doesn't seem to just be me then, was slightly worried the network card in my PS3 was failing or something. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bullet_KwT said:

I had the same problem .

After countless attempts I changed my internet connection  and after that it works with me immediately  . 

I just tried this, re-setting up my connection to my internet again that is, and I'm still having issues unfortunately.

Still having issues here. It's not too hard to manage to log in if I persist, and if I manage to stay logged in I seem to just stay logged in, but most of the time I seem to be getting logged out as soon as I start a game.

Avatar still not loading either, and now even my trophy level takes forever to load.

• Like 1

Strange. You are not the only ones. I have issues with the PS3 system when trying to log in. I manage to save successfully a good connection (the one i have in my home), it gets the IP, it gets the Internet connection BUT it always fails when trying to log to PSN. When trying to log in normally, it slams me with the same message: "An error has ocurred. You have been signed out of PSN." I thought it was my modem because is located a little far from both my consoles but my PS4 seems well now.

Thank goodness I am not the only one with this issue... I'm in the Midwest.

Must be some PSN problems even though the website status says it's "fine". I got the same error, and signed out shortly after when I finally got in. The avatars for myself & old friends are also default/blank, and the profile won't load. It took a while to sign in too when it succeeded yet other times was quick. An internet test said IP ✔️ but Internet Connection failed so I suspected something worse like related to my ethernet port somehow since I have had it open a lot for fixing.

I reset my modem and unplugged my ethernet cable+PS3. Tried reconfiguring the manual IP & DNS servers. This got me signed in then signed me out and threw an error. Checked for a PS3 software update too & it throws an error.

I just got done with a whole debacle on my PS3 Super Slim yesterday creating a mashup drive assembly(KEM-850A) when a new one I ordered had a bad lens/laser & sketchy "new" ribbon cable but a good new motor & other new greased optical drive internals. So I took the laser/lens & ribbon cable from the old one that read discs fine and made a working drive. So now I finally solved the issue of my games not booting/starting up right and taking many tries to get working after throwing Error 80010006 constantly & sometimes 80010017. Having to rotate it between vertical & horizontal orientation when loading up a game as a temporary fix. And also trying to Rebuild Database & Restore File System from the Safe Mode menu to fix things, which didn't help this issue of the worn out optical/blu-ray drive assembly. 

But yeah, glad to hear this PSN & failed internet connection isn't isolated/just my issue... Hope things get resolved swiftly for us all.

Edited by Ap616
Typos

I'm in the UK and having this problem as well. Was hoping to play some Mahjong online.

Though I can sign in (managed to download a game in stages), I do get thrown off every few minutes.

Edited by Jigsy1

After I joined certain PS3 discord server and thought that my account was somehow hacked, but no… I have two PS3 units and two separate accounts and indeed there is this frustrating issue. Not only PSN frequently disconnects but also when I boot the console it starts with non-signed account (have to do it manually every time). The biggest issue is all custom (premium) avatars are gone on me and my friends’ too, only those stock ones are visible. Secondly on the „download manager list” the content I purchased and can download games the icons are gone too. I’m in Poland by the way. Thirdly when I, for instance, want to check an update of a downloaded game (digital copy) the account gets immediatelly signed out. I don’t have problem with my internet, NAT2 and test shows 15 Mbps of download speed.

This PSN error is really vexing me.

Still having issues today so far as well, my avatar is also not loading on my Vita now (though people's avatars on my friends list are, even though they're not loading on PS3).

Hopefully Sony is aware of the issues. There were a few weird minor issues last year, such as game saves' images in the cloud not loading on both PS3 and PS4, and I seem to remember it taking them nearly a month to fix.