DLC and free PS5 upgrade announced

The Yuffie reveal was a nice surprise. Yet another cutie in the remake. ? It was inevitable this game would get a PS5 version at some point, although I can't say I really noticed much difference in the side-by-side comparisons they did. The improved loading times were pretty sweet though. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cryogenicide_X said:

I wonder if the PS5 version will have a separate Trophy list?

I'm thinking that it will, it seems that the Yuffie content will be exclusive to the PS5 version and they are calling it Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, so it may as well have its own PS5 list. This is just my guess of course.

https://press.na.square-enix.com/FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-INTERGRADE-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION5-CONSOLE

Here's the press release with some more details. Some of the phrasing in there has me a bit confused:

As a thank you to those who have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PlayStation®4 console, Square Enix are providing these players a free PS5 enhancement update* that will include all next-gen visual and gameplay enhancements detailed above at no extra cost when playing on a PS5 console.

The way that's worded reads to me like it's describing a God of War or Days Gone-style enhancement patch rather than a full upgrade, but I might be losing my mind. In any case, the Yuffie content will be included when you buy the PS5 version directly and a separate purchase if you upgrade the PS4 version.

1 minute ago, Vergil said:

Dunno what to think. Maybe part 2 won't be on ps4 at all ???

Seems they will milk it as much as they can

Who in his right mind tought they wouldnt milk it as much as they can?

And of course i'll completely fall for it. I love FF7, and no matter what they do with it, i'll buy any game related to it ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Who in his right mind tought they wouldnt milk it as much as they can?

And of course i'll completely fall for it. I love FF7, and no matter what they do with it, i'll buy any game related to it 1f911.png

I definitely don't mind other consoles or so. Just didn't think it would get dlc

Edited by Vergil

54 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

I'm thinking that it will, it seems that the Yuffie content will be exclusive to the PS5 version and they are calling it Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, so it may as well have its own PS5 list. This is just my guess of course.

Well since you can transfer your PS4 save to the PS5 version, maybe the Trophies will auto pop too?

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

3 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I wonder if the PS5 version will have a separate Trophy list?

8 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Oh god, I hope not! I don't even have the Plat for the PS4 version yet and won't have the desire to want to go through that pain again! 

There will be a new list for sure, since PS5 trophylists work differently. But being able to transfer your PS4 save to the PS5 version could mean that the trophies will autopop.

I think the trophies will remain the same for the base game while the DLC gets its own trophies.

If the trophies auto pop or we get an odd case where the main game is PS4 and the DLC is PS5 then I'll get the DLC for sure. If not... I'll just watch it I guess, really don't want to do FF7R again.

As for what we've seen. That Sonos character is what some people have wanted and some are against, a new character fighting alongside you, though in this case, it appears he isn't actually playable and is a guest character (Avalanch trio really should have been guest characters in certain segments honestly). I'm going to predict he'll be the final boss as he sort of gives the vibe of a "one shot character" and that statement Yuffie makes could mean he tries to do some terrorist type attack on the Midgar populace (likely using some Shinra weapon) or something and Yuffie then has to stop him. 

As for the end of the trailer... Deepground being in means we don't have to worry about DoC where they aren't exactly great, so the characters can be retouched upon and improved. It's a smart bit of business honestly as the second part is going to need people for you to fight and using Deepground guys for it is nice. Genisis might be part of the proceedings too due the end of FF7 and Weiss being linked to him. 

As interesting as all that is. What has had me thinking is them giving this greater Avalanche focus. For those unaware, the mobile game set the furthest back in the timeline has Avalanche lead by a woman who due to a materia is strong enough to fight Sephiroth (though you could say him at his weakest), and Avalanche itself is a villainous organisation that uses enhanced individuals to fight Shinra. In short, there could be a lot of superpowered guys in the Remake saga that Cloud and company are going to have to get through.