DLC and free PS5 upgrade announced

Everything was wonderful and I was totally in blissful fanboy territory...until I saw Weiss. I can handle some references to Deepground, and I don't mind it making an appearance either. But having Weiss appearing means that they're fully embracing Dirge of Cerberus. Let's be real, no one like FF7 DC at all. It's like that one child that gets kicked out of the house once they turned 18. I'm fine with Advent Children, and I can somewhat tolerate Crisis Core (mainly only Zack tho), but Dirge of Cerberus is a big no. I just hope I don't have to see Genesis in the remake in any shape or form either...

That being said, having to deal with Weiss is a lot more appealing than coming anywhere near that First Soldier game. I can't believe I actually thought that trademark was hinting a Sephiroth spin-off...

JOTnqMd.png?1

• Like 1

When the trailer started I wasn’t really all that excited for a port to PS5, even though I loved the game. But seeing Yuffie in her moogle hoodie cape and then fighting in all her ninja glory: Take my money, Square! Damn you and your hype. 

And Ever Crisis seems like the actual remake I wanted ever since FFIV was redone. Hoping to play the complete compilation remake collection on PS5 with trophies in, let’s say 2025.

Square and especially FFVII always makes me worry. But I had a really great time with the game last year and I just want more.

7 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Who in his right mind tought they wouldnt milk it as much as they can?

And of course i'll completely fall for it. I love FF7, and no matter what they do with it, i'll buy any game related to it 1f911.png

Can we take a minute to highlight how dirty their move on the battle royale and ever-crisis-f2p-with-in-game-purchases mobile games are ?

I'm a huge fan of FFVII but as usual they milk it way too far.

That being said, I'm so weak that I'd probably buy a Ever Crisis on consoles tho, if the pricing isn't too scammy..

I get the annoyance of it not being on PS4, but the flipside is that it probably won't have and of those time-wasting hidden loading screens- shimmying through narrow openings, lifting things up and going under stuff etc. thanks to the SSD, so it's a good look at how Part 2 will probably play like.

Edited by Stan Lee

IGN is running with a story that FFVII remake is still coming to plus in march but a listing on the Japanese playstation store shows that this version will not be eligible for the free upgrade

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-seemingly-coming-to-ps-plus-in-march-but-cant-be-upgraded-to-ps5-version

If true, i hope you can pay for an upgrade in this scenario, I'd rather play the PS5 version if the upgrade is say £10-15

It's a dick move enough to not have the Yuffie stuff on PS4, but the worst part is knowing that this past year they have been working on this DLC and not FF7 remake part 2.

I am kinda worrying if I will still be even alive on this earth when the FF7 remake and Shenmue finally get concluded.

2 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

It's a dick move enough to not have the Yuffie stuff on PS4, but the worst part is knowing that this past year they have been working on this DLC and not FF7 remake part 2.

I am kinda worrying if I will still be even alive on this earth when the FF7 remake and Shenmue finally get concluded.

Once all assets for yuffie have been created, creating a DLC is far easier and faster.

Chances are that part 2 development is well ongoing, and they just created a fast & easy cash grab DLC for part 1..