Sifu (February 8, 2022)

Ghost

Β 

Β 

50980704202_f701f0b8a3_o.jpg

Β 

After releasing Absolver, SloClap chose to build on their experience creating exciting and innovative martial arts gameplay, and used everything they learned from their first game to create a 3rd person action game featuring intense Kung-Fu combat with unprecedented authenticity.

Β 

Inspired by the passion for Kung Fu, and martial arts movies in general, SloClap decided to focus on a single-player experience to build an immersive adventure featuring deep and challenging gameplay.

Β 

Sifu puts you in control of a young Kung-Fu student who has dedicated his very soul to his quest for vengeance. After his family was murdered by a squad of mysterious assassins, our hero has spent the next eight years of his life preparing his revenge.

Β 

On the path of vengeance: The hunt for the assassins will take you through the hidden corners of the city, from the gang-ridden suburbs to the cold hallways of the corporate towers.Β  You have got one day, and countless enemies on your way. Time will be the price to pay.

Β 

Adaptation is the way: Careful positioning and clever use of the environment to your advantage are key to your survival. Use everythingΒ  at your disposal:Β  throwable objects, makeshift weapons, windows and ledges… The odds are stacked against you, and you will be offered no mercy.

Β 

Training never ends: Kung Fu is a path for the body and the mind. Learn from your errors, unlock unique skills, and find the strength within yourself to master the devastating techniques of Pak-Mei Kung-Fu.

Β 

Playstation Blog

Β 

Screenshots:

Spoiler

50979890698_7648d40b35_o.jpg
50980704102_36cafdc49f_o.jpg
50980704187_d1787733a4_o.jpg

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Got some serious Oldboy vibes from the beginning of the trailer with the hallway fight and that was enough to pique my attention.
Β 

The "getting old each time you're defeated" gimmick sounds familiar from somewhere but it's not one that's been done often or in this style. When I eventually get a PS5, this will be on my radar for sure.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Β 

Standard Edition ($39.99 USD/39.99€)
  • Special Avatar Pack
  • Exclusive Photomode Cinematic Pack
Deluxe Edition ($49.99 USD/49.99€ + special preorder discount of 10 percent)
  • All Standard Edition bonuses
  • Gain 48-hour early access ahead of the game’s launch on February 22, 2022
  • A beautiful digital art book, β€œThe Art of Sifu”
  • The game’s bangin’ original soundtrack by Howie Lee, the Beijing-based composer Sloclap has collaborated with to create the music of Sifu..

Β 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 11:49 PM, AgentSmiz said:

Got some serious Oldboy vibes from the beginning of the trailer with the hallway fight and that was enough to pique my attention.
Β 

Β 

I had the exact same thought mate lol. Throw in a few hammer hits and they'd have been sued for copywrite lol.Β 

Β 

But that punch he took and came around with a fully grown beared... Now I wouldn't go looking for that guy again lol.Β 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...