New DLC

James_Tonto

9 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

There's new DLC incoming for Skullgirls 2nd Encore. Specifically, Annie is going to become the newest DLC character and three more are planned. If you own the game on Steam you'll get to try her out sooner. I wasn't expecting more content for the game, so this is a delightful treat.

I have the game on Steam, and to be honest, I didn't see that coming when I saw that announcement. What confuses me though is this so-called Season Pass they will put in there.

5 minutes ago, test-dummy-99 said:

I have the game on Steam, and to be honest, I didn't see that coming when I saw that announcement. What confuses me though is this so-called Season Pass they will put in there.

If it's anything like other Season passes, then it'll likely cover this new batch of upcoming DLC. The first set of new characters were free since they were crowdfunded back on Indiegogo, those were Squigly, Big Band, Eliza, Robo-Fortune, and Beowulf. If my memory is still accurate.

Edited by James_Tonto
Wrong name.

16 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

If it's anything like other Season passes, then it'll likely cover this new batch of upcoming DLC. The first set of new characters were free since they were crowdfunded back on Indiegogo, those were Squigly, Big Band, Eliza, Robo-Fortune, and Beowulf. If my memory is still accurate.

Hmmmm... From what it's worth, I saw it on my Steam library and the game now says "Skullgirls 2nd Encore", which basically includes all the previous DLC in the past.

In terms of the character DLCs, we know that Annie will be included in there. The other possibility for a Skullgirls DLC character, within the three planned DLC characters, is Panzerfaust or possibly Umbrella (Parasoul's younger sister). Panzerfaust was once confirmed a DLC character in the game, although he never entered into the game itself, so there might be some possibility he will be a DLC character. And as of Umbrella, it is a prediction.

Edited by test-dummy-99

Just now, test-dummy-99 said:

Hmmmm... From what it's worth, I saw it on my Steam library and the game now says "Skullgirls 2nd Encore", which basically includes all the previous DLC in the past.

In terms of the character DLCs, we know that Annie will be included in there. The other possibility for a Skullgirls DLC character is Panzerfaust or possibly Umbrella (Parasoul's younger sister). Panzerfaust was once confirmed a DLC character in the game, although it never entered into the game itself, so there might be some possibility he will be a DLC character. And as of Umbrella, it is a prediction.

I really, really want Panzerfaust as a playable character. He's one fighter I would enjoy playing as. I think D. Violet also has a good chance of making an appearance as she is also present in Beowulf's story mode as one of the many fighters Double captured.

Black Dahlia is a bit of a maybe, she might turn up as a fighter. But I can also see her being saved as part of a potential sequel for Peacock to fight. Scythana could be a good addition to the roster, she showed up during the intro to Parasoul's story mode. And there haven't been many Gigan characters seen in the various playthroughs. Excluding Grendel in Beowulf's story campaign, but he's dead so it's just his arm really.

• Like 1