Tips for Platinum

Jaina_Yossy

I just achieved the Plat and I would like to give some tips and help to those with doubts. 

- Fish are friends and Gone Green are easy achievable if you have a base with some potatoes and fruits to harvest and eat. 

- Seafarer must be achieved not sleeping on an island. You must sleep in the raft with the sleeping bag but you must be far from the island. Where there is no coral or fish and it's deep and dark. 

- Who needs the sea anyway? can't be achieved in the initial island, so you must plant all 8 on another island. All on the same island worked for me. 

- Magnets, how do they work?: I built the girocopter but never used it. 

I never had any compass on my hand or my inventory. I had one on my yellow raft at the beginning, and it stayed there the whole game. If I found any compass I never took it. If a crate box had one, I leave the crate. 

If you find a box and don't open it, you can save, then open it, and if you don't like the cargo you can reload and try again. 

- Two of each: two big pigs, two small pigs, two snakes and two little crabs. Sailed on a storm and sleept on sea. The next morning the trophy appeared. 

- Gotta craft them all!:  I did NOT craft all on the same island. I couldn't find a single durian so I customized an island with it. 

I deconstructed some items to recycle the mats. 

You don't have to end the game for it to pop. 

Super tip: to know which items you still need to craft, look at the grey/dark orange circle behind each item. Grey=uncrafted orange=cradted

- The bosses are waaaay easier than I expected. Watch YouTube guides

Good luck and enjoy the game. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best way to get the plat is farm an island next to your main, get a load of empty crates i think you can carry 8-9. Then make an island with every wreck, materials etc, fill your crates go back to your main island and empty your crates. Reload the other island and repeat. Best fish are smoked ones as they don't spoil. 

Seafarer you don't need to sleep and if you want to just anchor up. I just left it idle and when my life was low had some rations. At the same time you can earn all the 10 day trophies.