How long and how hard is to 100% in 2021?

SaviorKIA

57 minutes ago, TheFluffeToaster said:

Are you starting straight up from the beginning?

Yup. Experienced in FPS games, never played Destiny 2.

49 minutes ago, Samasyxx said:

most of the trophies are very easy and shouldn't take long but the grandmaster nightfall required for 'The Prestige' requires you to grind and reach max power level in the season. You also have to wait until it is released for the current season which I believe is midway through march

Could you give me estimated time to access/complete this raid? I already know that I have 3 months to progress levels and try this raid. But how many hours is required during this 3 months if I start from nothing?.

Edited by SaviorKIA

29 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Could you give me estimated time to access/complete this raid? I already know that I have 3 months to progress levels and try this raid. But how many hours is required during this 3 months if I start from nothing?.

The nightfall is just a standard dungeon, but grandmaster is the most difficult difficulty. It requires special ammo for certain enemies. It takes a well rounded group who have voice chat to coordinate tactics. IMO, it was easier to just do the prestige raid before the update last year.

1 hour ago, SaviorKIA said:

Yup. Experienced in FPS games, never played Destiny 2.

The estimate I've heard is that it'll take you 250-300 hours if you don't buy the full game the free version is so limited and will take you so much time to level up and like some other people in this forum have said you have to have a good team, be a high level (I forgot the level you had yo be to even access Grandmaster), there's still a lot more but I just don't remember it's definitely a good game but a bit lengthy.

1 hour ago, SaviorKIA said:

I estimate around 150+ hours at least depending on if you can get a good team to help you with activities and if you're a skilled player (grandmaster nightfall is very hard)

I believe there are approximately 10 weeks left in the current season to reach the max level, which is currently 1310. You can hit 1250 just by picking up blue (rare) gear and that won't take long at all as I'm pretty sure you start out at 1100. You will then need to do all powerful rewards to hit the powerful cap of 1300, which then requires the pinnacle rewards grind for gear which takes a while to get to the max cap of 1310. At this point, it comes down to grinding out the seasonal artifact level, which you'll need at least +15 from the seasonal artifact (gaining xp doing activities/bounties is increases this), and getting the proper weapons that will help in the grandmaster nightfall (GMNF), which some of them are a grind to get especially some exotics. I'd aim for Izanagi's Burden, Anarchy, Xenophage, Divinity, or Ariana's Vow to help the most with the GMNF. You'll gain the mods needed from the seasonal artifact so no worries on those. These just help with the champions present in the GMNF. The GMNF does rotate on a weekly basis between 6 strikes, but at the end of the season they are all playable in a given week. This season does have some of the easier strikes to complete a GMNF so that's positive for anyone trying it.

With that said, there are several powerful sources, but limited pinnacle sources. If you don't own all the expansions, it's even more limited and it's limited even more beyond that if you only run one character instead of 2 or 3. My suggestion is to start this season not expecting to complete a grandmaster, but work towards the max power cap unlocking everything along the way. If you only plan on running 1 character, I'd suggest a Warlock for GMNF because of their Well of Radiance super. The good news is, the next season, the power cap is only increasing 10 instead of the usual 50 levels so you only have to run pinnacles. It's definitely doable this season if you start the game soon and work towards max power, but expect to sink some serious hours into it. I'd expect about 100 hours though. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message on psn, I've been playing Destiny since D1 launch with thousands of hours into the game.

Edited by jimbob005
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
48 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

the platinum take 100+ hours now? I remember reading the platinum was considered quick and easy when it first launched

Game changed drastically since then. When 1st came out Leviathan raid was required for 2 trophies and it didn't require a lot of grind to get to play and beat it, Leviathan raid has been removed from game little bit over a year ago and they changed those 2 trophies to beat nightfall on master and grandmaster difficulty. Now master isn't that much of an issue but grandmaster definitely is, a lot of grind is required to even gain access to it because game won't let you in underleveled and regardless of what level you are game is buffing nightfall 25 levels above your level so you need really good weapons and a really good team to beat it and if you would start now yeah there is a lot of work to even get the chance to play it 100 to 150 hours at least and it's not the kind of activity where you can be carried by other more experienced players you need to pull your weight. Doing any Destiny raid is much easier then doing the grandmaster. I have 4000 hours in that game and even I don't like playing them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...