Upgrading all weapons - not popping (RE5)

HaserPL

Does anyone know if you actually need to be the one upgrading the weapons? I was given all the weapons by my friend, got the trophy for having all of them, but not the one for having them upgraded (which they are). Have no idea what to do now lol. When it comes to the infinite ammo options menu, I only need to buy it for the first two pistols, but I have it unlocked, so the trophy should be already mine right?

Is infinite ammo unlocked to buy for them all in ur bonus features??

Despite what the guides say, the UPGRADE and OBTAIN trophies work differently. 

For OBTAIN, you need to have all weapons at once

Byt for UPGRADE, you dont need them all upgraded at once. You can upgrade one, sell it, then use those funds to upgrade others, the trophy will still pop. With this, u can usually tell what u have upgraded as infinite ammo will be available to buy

IF inf ammo is available to buy for them all (meaning ur game has them all registered as upgraded), then my money would be on u needing to trigger the check again

And i bet the trophy check will happen the moment u fully upgrade a weapon. 

If u have all inf ammos, then go and fully upgrade any weapon, and i bet it will pop the trophy... 

Let us know m8 ;)

EDIT:

Just noticed u have the inf ammo purchase option unlocked for all, apologies for not seeing at first. So upgrade 1 weapon, should pop it...... 

Edited by Optinooby

26 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I was missing only M92F and HK P8 infinite ammo as I had not enough points, but it was unlocked meaning the game registered these two weapons as fully upgraded. Every other weapon was upgraded and in my inventory. I did as @Optinooby suggested and the trophy popped. Thanks, buddy! 

Glad it worked m8 and thanks for letting us know ur results, if anybody has the same problem, hopefully they will find this thread ;)

• 7 months later...

I had this problem as well after getting the missing fully upgraded weapons from a friend.

So I decided to start fully upgrading a weapon in my general inventory to pop the trophy but I didn't have enough money.
To make sure I still knew which weapon I was upgrading after I got some money, I put it in Chris his inventory.
After 1 partial run in chapter 4-1 for treasures and money I decided to continue upgrading my weapon while it was in Chris his inventory to see how far I got with the new money.
After doing only 2 upgrades the trophy already popped!
I was still missing at least 2-3 upgrades to get it fully upgraded and since trophies pop fairly slow on PS3, only one upgrade was probably sufficient to pop the trophy.

My conclusion from experience:
If you got all upgraded weapons* then you can unlock the trophy by upgrading a weapon a single time while it's in Chris his inventory.

*which you can check by going to the bonus features and see if you can buy infinite ammo for all of them