Cooperative question

Eskolastiko

You can earn all trophies in online coop (there is no local coop) except "Untouchable", but that one is quickly earned solo. Also, for some reason you can only play this in a party of up to 3 people, not 4. 

Trophies used to pop for the host only, but that's no longer the case. I did the entire game in coop as a client and had no issues getting trophies to pop. 

The platinum is probably a 5/10, and the 100% around a 7/10 in coop. Survival mode is no joke. I would advice to do survival with 2 players only. The enemy scaling for a party of 3 is way over the top (although it is still beatible). 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 11:48 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

So, it's like Borderlands, where enemies scale to how many party members you have.

Can you do all your stuff for the platinum  solo? And hiw hard would that be?

Without any of the DLC content and without playing online at all, you can obtain all of the items for the platinum. There are exactly 30 non multiplayer Traits in the base game now and you will need 30 Traits for the trophy. However, due to relying on RNG to obtain all 30 and having to successfully complete all of the tasks to obtain them It is substantially easier to obtain some of the coop Traits to make things easier to manage. If you have the DLC content, the DLC traits can also make it more manageable to do without playing in multiplayer. In coop, enemies scale up to 3 levels above the host if a higher level player joins, so depending on how high of a level friends are can make things dramatically easier. Generally you also want to keep all of your equipment the same level to avoid having damage scale difficulties as the enemy scale and 3 levels higher is based on your highest level gear. 

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

• 2 months later...
On 2021-02-26 at 8:42 AM, Arcesius said:

I did the entire game in coop as a client and had no issues getting trophies to pop.  

Hey Arcesius, how did you and your friend handle this?

My friend and I also want to play through the entire game start to finish and earn all the trophies together, but we just finished our first session and I noticed right away that it only saves campaign progress for the host. So I’m several hours behind him now in my world. This is a pain in the ass and I’m not quite sure what to do about it.

Should we be taking turns chipping away at progress in each of our worlds, basically playing through everything twice? I thought about playing solo to catch up in my world when he’s not online, but then I’m worried about getting too far ahead of him in terms of levels and gear. We want to remain as close in progress as possible throughout the game.

8 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Hey Arcesius, how did you and your friend handle this?

My friend and I also want to play through the entire game start to finish and earn all the trophies together, but we just finished our first session and I noticed right away that it only saves campaign progress for the host. So I’m several hours behind him now in my world. This is a pain in the ass and I’m not quite sure what to do about it.

Should we be taking turns chipping away at progress in each of our worlds, basically playing through everything twice? I thought about playing solo to catch up in my world when he’s not online, but then I’m worried about getting too far ahead of him in terms of levels and gear. We want to remain as close in progress as possible throughout the game.

I never played the campaign on my own account... There is no reason for it.

Everything but the story related stuff can be done in adventure mode, so if you want to, say, try to find any of the quest items etc. without your coop partner, just do it in adventure mode.

Any particular reason you want to advance in your own campaign, if you are planning on getting all trophies together anyways?

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

If I may jump in, since I have also recently finished this whole game exclusively in coop.

You don't need to play your campaign, just make sure that you always play with your friend and he is the host. You will play alongside them and all trophies will unlock for both the host and the client. It's not ideal that the progress is not available to client but with the addition of Adventure mode, it's not really needed. The only trophy I had slight issues with was "10 armor sets". The host got it 1 set before me so we had to go and find one more set for my trophy to pop as well.

8 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Any particular reason you want to advance in your own campaign, if you are planning on getting all trophies together anyways?

I just figured it was smart, in case I need to do something. Get back to a certain area, grab a certain item etc. If I have no progress in my own campaign I figured it could make things difficult in the future, during the clean up stage of the platinum.

I’m just not familiar with how this game works yet. Based on what you & Husky said, it seems this is not a problem at all and I don’t have to worry. Thanks. ?

8 hours ago, HusKy said:

If I may jump in, since I have also recently finished this whole game exclusively in coop.

You don't need to play your campaign, just make sure that you always play with your friend and he is the host. You will play alongside them and all trophies will unlock for both the host and the client. It's not ideal that the progress is not available to client but with the addition of Adventure mode, it's not really needed. The only trophy I had slight issues with was "10 armor sets". The host got it 1 set before me so we had to go and find one more set for my trophy to pop as well.

Ok this is great to know, thanks for clarifying!

I’m not sure what Adventure Mode is yet as we just started playing, but I’m guessing this is a mode that gives you fast access to areas, bosses etc so you can quickly and easily clean things up afterwards or farm loot? Sort of like in Diablo 3?

I appreciate you guys responding quickly. It seems like I’m worrying over nothing. I will update my friend with this info!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m not sure what Adventure Mode is yet as we just started playing, but I’m guessing this is a mode that gives you fast access to areas, bosses etc so you can quickly and easily clean things up afterwards or farm loot? Sort of like in Diablo 3?

Yes, you can choose specific region and you start there with your current gear. This allows you to quickly reach region bosses but remember that this game has a lot of RNG elements so you will be rerolling a lot. The guide published here @ PSNP doesn't do a very good job explaining this and is outdated.

So basically what we did:

• 1 campaign run
  • lots of adventure runs to cleanup misc trophies, bosses etc.
  • 2nd DLC
  • 1st DLC - survival mode (this is the hardest part for 100%)
Edited by HusKy

18 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Yes, you can choose specific region and you start there with your current gear. This allows you to quickly reach region bosses but remember that this game has a lot of RNG elements so you will be rerolling a lot. The guide published here @ PSNP doesn't do a very good job explaining this and is outdated.

So basically what we did:

• 1 campaign done
  • lots of adventure runs to cleanup misc trophies, bosses etc.
  • 2nd DLC
  • 1st DLC - survival mode (this is the hardest part for 100%)

Gotcha! Thanks very much. 

How are the DLC btw? Are they worth playing? I haven’t bought them yet, but probably will if we enjoy the game. 

27 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Gotcha! Thanks very much. 

How are the DLC btw? Are they worth playing? I haven’t bought them yet, but probably will if we enjoy the game. 

DLC1 is basically just the survival mode which will test your skill and knowledge of builds.

DLC2 contains new mini campign and new snow region which you can run in adventure mode.

I think I liked DLC1 more because it was the only challenging thing in the game.

7 minutes ago, HusKy said:

DLC1 is basically just the survival mode which will test your skill and knowledge of builds.

DLC2 contains new mini campign and new snow region which you can run in adventure mode.

I think I liked DLC1 more because it was the only challenging thing in the game.

Cool. I’ve heard from several people the survival mode is pretty challenging. Platinumbro made a video on it and went as far as giving it a 10/10 difficulty lol.

23 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Cool. I’ve heard from several people the survival mode is pretty challenging. Platinumbro made a video on it and went as far as giving it a 10/10 difficulty lol.

It looks like Husky already explained everything, which is great :) 

Still, my take on the DLC, and maybe @HusKy can confirm if they had trouble with this: When the second DLC released, the trophy "Other Voices" only unlocked for the host, so everyone had to get those recordings on their own (not that much of a deal though). Maybe this has been fixed?

Other than that... I enjoyed the game a LOT, especially playing it in coop, so getting the DLCs was a no-brainer. The additional snow-maps and new bosses from DLC 2 are nice and give you just  more regular content, which is awesome. 

Survival mode though, was my favorite part of the entire game. As Husky stated, it was the only challenging bit, and I had a ton of fun going for those 10 bosses in a row :) (Though most defnitely no 10/10, lol... 5-6/10 solo or with a party of 2, 7/10 with a party of 3... more or less)

So, from my perspective... DLCs are definitely worth it! Enjoy the game! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Still, my take on the DLC, and maybe @HusKy can confirm if they had trouble with this: When the second DLC released, the trophy "Other Voices" only unlocked for the host, so everyone had to get those recordings on their own (not that much of a deal though). Maybe this has been fixed?

Not fixed but as you said, the second run is super quick, probably like 20-30 minutes to get to the building and collect the tapes.

• Like 2