Will I be able to Platinum this game?

So, I'm looking for an awesome Platinum trophy to be my 150th. I'm looking for a challenging game, yet something that is still possible to achieve for mere mortals ?

I've seen the streams, I've heard the horror stories about the grind and the difficulty, but I still want to play the game. 

I've 100%'d fairly difficult games like the N. Sane Trilogy, Mirror's Edge and Wipeout HD, which all have difficult time trial-related challenges, but I'm by no means a super skilled gamer, like some people. I struggled HARD with the High Road in Crash 1, for example. How would you guys compare Crash 4's overall difficulty to those games? What is the hardest thing about the game? Is this the kind of game you spend months chipping trophies away at, or is it doable within weeks (... specifically asking due to my wish of making this my 150th Platinum milestone)?

• Like 3

It is doable but definitely the hardest of the Crash games to plat. It has a lot of levels you have to finish at least 3 (if not more) times, so it definitely takes some time. You are probably looking at about 100 hours of plat time here.

Hardest part... well some level are hard in time trial mode and others are hard to complete for the Nsanely Perfect Relic, depends on the level honestly.

Getting 100% in one game is not a criteria that determines if you can finish this one if you ask me. You can be good at one game but totally suck at others. For example: I think Street Fighter 4 is very easy for me now, but I struggled quite a lot with Cyber Shadow which isn't even an Ultra Rare plat.. .see what I mean? Hard to compare different games and especially different genres.

• Like 2

Hands down the best Crash game on PS4. Don't get scared by your first playthrough, you will die a lot. The game will get progressively easier as you go for NPRs and Platinum Relics. Personally, I found NPRs harder than Time Trials.

This isn't mentioned all that much but the movement in CB4 is far more precise than N. Sane Trilogy. The weird pill/egg shaped hit box on Crash is gone so you will no longer slip from platforms which you have already landed on. Also another nice thing, the timing on contraptions, bridges etc is always identical every time you restart level which also removes frustration from deaths caused by RNG.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

It is doable but definitely the hardest of the Crash games to plat. It has a lot of levels you have to finish at least 3 (if not more) times, so it definitely takes some time. You are probably looking at about 100 hours of plat time here.

What would you say is the community consensus on the difficulty of the games in order of easiest to hardest? For a noob to the series who wants to jump in and go for the platinums?

I have not yet had the pleasure of playing any of the Crash Bandicoot games, but I hope to get to them one of these days. I never got the chance to experience them as a kid, and as I’m slowly running out of 3D platformers that I had wanted to play, I think it’s time to branch out to some new franchises like Crash. ?

4 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

What would you say is the community consensus on the difficulty of the games in order of easiest to hardest? For a noob to the series who wants to jump in and go for the platinums?

I have not yet had the pleasure of playing any of the Crash Bandicoot games, but I hope to get to them one of these days. I never got the chance to experience them as a kid, and as I’m slowly running out of 3D platformers that I had wanted to play, I think it’s time to branch out to some new franchises like Crash. ?

I'd say starting from the easiest: 3, 2, 1, <big gap here> 4

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

12 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I'd say starting from the easiest: 3, 2, 1, <big gap here> 4

Basically this here but insert Crash Team Racing into the big gap created by HusKy lol

So 3 -2 -1 - CTR - 4

• Like 4

Judging by what I have read and the rarity level of Crash 4's trophies, I'd say it's quite difficult, but far from impossible.

I personally gave up on the relics for Crash 1. Could have done it, I just didn't feel like it was worth it. Additionally I was burned out. Will return and plat all the Crash games someday though :)

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Hands down the best Crash game on PS4. Don't get scared by your first playthrough, you will die a lot. The game will get progressively easier as you go for NPRs and Platinum Relics. Personally, I found NPRs harder than Time Trials.

This isn't mentioned all that much but the movement in CB4 is far more precise than N. Sane Trilogy. The weird pill/egg shaped hit box on Crash is gone so you will no longer slip from platforms which you have already landed on. Also another nice thing, the timing on contraptions, bridges etc is always identical every time you restart level which also removes frustration from deaths caused by RNG.

I agree with u, Perfect Relic is Hardest Trophy in CB4, Platinum Relic is still easy for getting

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Basically this here but insert Crash Team Racing into the big gap created by HusKy lol

So 3 -2 -1 - CTR - 4

For me

CTR - 1/10

Cb3 - 2-4/10

Cb2 - 5-6/10

Cb1 (100%) - 6-8/10

Cb4 - 9/10, if without Perfect relic is 7-8/10

:D

• Like 1

I'm in the same position that you, Maahniac. I plat all the Crash games last summer and I was willing to put my hands on Crash 4, but when it was released and I started reading about the difficulty of the game, I was really scared. But I think that it's something that can't discourage us. If we are big lovers of the saga, we have to try it and see. 

In my case, maybe I'll wait to play it when I acquire a PS5. 

Like yoey said if you want platinum so badly you will platinum it. End of story.

Havent played it yet but if you can 100% mirror s edge then i think you can definitely platinum crash 4.

And dont listen horror stories from others, i wouldnt have played a lot of games if I listened what others say.

Edited by crowizard

Crash 4 is a great game to play and to achieve 100% but NOT to achieve 106%.

Some time trials are a nightmare, and some levels are horrendous to get a perfect relic in due to its unwelcome RNG.

I recommend playing the game though, but if you struggled a lot in Crash 1, this is going to leave a mark...

Hardest for me was to let go of muscle memory. I was so used to hold sprint and get the time trials. Now you have to spam spin to win to get platinum relics. After I finally got used to it it wasn't too bad. Took me 68hrs for the platinum.

For a crash beginner this is a nightmare :D. Best one of the series imo if you still got scared of the plat play it on an alt account it's such an amazing game!

The trophy guide difficulties of all Crash games give you some idea. My opinion for their platinum difficulties:

Crash 3:     2/10... 10hrs

Crash 2:     3/10... 15hrs

Crash 1:     6/10... 15hrs

CTR:        7-8/10... 40hrs

Crash 4:  8-9/10... 90-120hrs

Soooo... maybe try the game and see how you go?

Just like @Yoey_666 already said, getting the platinum depends how much you invest in the game. Now, is it a good game to add to your 150th platinum milestone? This is another different story and/or you organize your list. I wanted Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 to be my 200th platinum so I invested a lot on that game that time, years after "giving up" on it.

Complete the game and see if you really like it. Personally, even loving the franchise so much, I didn't like what they did with the game, so I wouldn't bother adding to my milestone or trophy cabinet.

Got to say: Crash 2 is my favorite game of the franchise and it was the hardest platinum from the trilogy, imho ?