Servers Closed?

I had been starting to grind towards Master Panda rank yesterday, and servers were working fine (26th Feb 2021).

Trying to connect today and it seems like the servers are completely down. Does anyone know if this was the final server shutdown or whether they have just dipped and will be coming back up? I can't find anything on the servers since the game was delisted in 2019, though reading an Xbox forum it looks like they have previously gone down and come back up in the past.

5 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

PSN is having server issues that are affecting multiple games there's no timeline currently when they will be fixed it could be later today or even after the weekend.

Great thx for the reassurance. Did some of the grind a very long time ago & then again some weeks ago.
Strangely, there were no ppl online the first time but multiple the second time. Interrupted my boosting & made it take so much longer. So I took a break. 

Would be my kind of luck to find out they just closed the servers on the same day I came back lol. ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Sebulba2000 said:

This game will probably stay online as long as PSN does, because it's using P2P connection

All P2P games still need a matchmaking server in order for 2 players to join each other, they just dont have a central server that hosts. Many P2P games have shut down, it's just less common to happen as it costs so little to run them. Im sure kung fu panda has licences needed to run this game, so if anything happens with those or the company, these servers will go. Uncharted 2 and 3 were P2P and they're gone, Last of us as well. Many ps3 games were. It was more common back then as it's much cheaper. Nowadays, it's not really accepted by players as P2P has poor connection issues.

1 hour ago, Riiszk said:

All P2P games still need a matchmaking server in order for 2 players to join each other, they just dont have a central server that hosts. Many P2P games have shut down, it's just less common to happen as it costs so little to run them. Im sure kung fu panda has licences needed to run this game, so if anything happens with those or the company, these servers will go. Uncharted 2 and 3 were P2P and they're gone, Last of us as well. Many ps3 games were. It was more common back then as it's much cheaper. Nowadays, it's not really accepted by players as P2P has poor connection issues.

I'm just dumb with this subject 

But p2p doesn't mean 

That one player is the host so he act as the server?

And that's why it doesn't need a server?

And how can people know for sure when a game is p2p?

Edited by AmazingNoeder

9 hours ago, Riiszk said:

Uncharted 2 and 3 were P2P, but had an authentication server. Kung Fu Panda doesn't have one. And yes, P2P needs a server to handle the matchmaking, and the server used for it is the PSN server itself, that's why I said it'll continue working as long as PSN does. Leaderboards are also handled by the PSN.

8 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I'm just dumb with this subject 

But p2p doesn't mean 

That one player is the host so he act as the server?

And that's why it doesn't need a server?

And how can people know for sure when a game is p2p?

Yeah, P2P is basically a direct connection between the players. You can regonise a P2P game when your online progress is stored in your offline save file. Here in this game, I could get ranked XP without even being connected to the Internet when using the offline glitch (my connection went off after doing the glitch). Moreover, you can recognise it by the game messages. If you disconnect from PSN in Kung Fu Panda, it'll say that you've lost connection to the PSN servers, NOT the game servers (that's not always the case, though)

• Like 1