Wingsuit rings

jiichangmin

If they are high in the air or mountains, take a helicopter up and skydive out, then parachute to line yourself up. Once lined up, deploy the wingsuit. You should have fast enough momentum to carry you through the three rings.

If they are low to the ground, grapple towards them and deploy your wingsuit at the last second to gain momentum. L1 (I believe) also gives a temporary speed boost to reel in. Just be careful not to faceplant on the ground.

Edited by Pirelli913
Typo

If you have the PS Plus version, you can also download a free DLC (I think it was called the reloaded pack) that comes with the 'sky striker' wingsuit. It's essentially a jetpack which makes getting around a whole lot easier. You can equip it from the pause menu under customise.

Otherwise you should be able to get momentum as noted above by using a combination of X to open the parachute to go upwards, O to freefall and go downwards rapidly, triangle to deploy the wingsuit when you are at the right height/position and then just left stick to direct the glide. You can stop and start if needed to do tight turns (e.g. open parachute, steer, then triangle to glide again) and L1 can steer you a bit but I'd avoid using that for the ring challenges as it tends to pull you too fast with limited control over direction.

1 hour ago, bobthecrazydog said:

If you have the PS Plus version, you can also download a free DLC (I think it was called the reloaded pack) that comes with the 'sky striker' wingsuit. It's essentially a jetpack which makes getting around a whole lot easier. You can equip it from the pause menu under customise.

Otherwise you should be able to get momentum as noted above by using a combination of X to open the parachute to go upwards, O to freefall and go downwards rapidly, triangle to deploy the wingsuit when you are at the right height/position and then just left stick to direct the glide. You can stop and start if needed to do tight turns (e.g. open parachute, steer, then triangle to glide again) and L1 can steer you a bit but I'd avoid using that for the ring challenges as it tends to pull you too fast with limited control over direction.

i have the ps plus version but the dlc isn't free for me, that sounded really helpful though

1 hour ago, baejacobs said:

i have the ps plus version but the dlc isn't free for me, that sounded really helpful though

Just in case it helps anyone - this is the DLC I mean: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-CUSA09264_00-JC4RELOADEDCONT0

Not sure if it's only available to certain regions. I'm in the UK, and was using the PS Plus version. I had to pay for the other DLCs (the ones with trophies) but this one was free anyway.

8 minutes ago, bobthecrazydog said:

Just in case it helps anyone - this is the DLC I mean: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-CUSA09264_00-JC4RELOADEDCONT0

Not sure if it's only available to certain regions. I'm in the UK, and was using the PS Plus version. I had to pay for the other DLCs (the ones with trophies) but this one was free anyway.

the link you send me costs money for me and I am in the UK. when you say ps plus version, you mean getting the game free with playstation plus, that's what am playing.

5 minutes ago, baejacobs said:

the link you send me costs money for me and I am in the UK. when you say ps plus version, you mean getting the game free with playstation plus, that's what am playing.

That's weird. Yes that was the same as me - got the main standard edition game through PS Plus. Maybe that one became free because I bought the other paid DLCs? Although I thought I downloaded that one before the paid ones. ?

Edit: looking at other threads, it does look like it's linked to the expansion pass so will only be useful for anyone who is paying for at least some of the extra DLCs. Dang...

Edited by bobthecrazydog

If you buy the DLCS it includes the skytriker outfit. I beat the entire game without the wingsuit because I didn't know it was included with the DLCS. It doesn't make it very clear nor easy to access.

You can beat all the challenges without the jetpack but it sure would have been nice lol

Just now, Dan-lives-here said:

If you buy the DLCS it includes the skytriker outfit. I beat the entire game without the wingsuit because I didn't know it was included with the DLCS. It doesn't make it very clear nor easy to access.

You can beat all the challenges without the jetpack but it sure would have been nice lol

Yeah definitely made mincemeat of them. And the missiles were pretty handy too.

Just now, bobthecrazydog said:

Yeah definitely made mincemeat of them. And the missiles were pretty handy too.

It's so sad they made that wingsuit tied to  DLC or individual purchase because when I was going through the DLC flying into an area and launching a barrage of rocket was one of the coolest experiences in the game. It felt very epic. 

• 1 month later...

update: i think the ones that i found too hard were the pink ones which i don't think are needed for the plat lol

i ended up getting the season pass on sale and the jetpack makes everything in the game a lot easier. i've done a lot of the game now, the side objectives are soo slow and boring. almost there now

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

How's it coming with the Chaos lvl 14?

I'm trying to destroy most of the red things I see while I complete the wingsuit, speed and cars challenges... I'm lvl 10 and have 3/4 of the map liberated

I've been destroying everything i see throughout the game and I am at level 12, with a lot more side stuff still to do

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

How's it coming with the Chaos lvl 14?

I'm trying to destroy most of the red things I see while I complete the wingsuit, speed and cars challenges... I'm lvl 10 and have 3/4 of the map liberated

If memory serves and I could be getting 4 and 3 mixed up there's a base near train tracks and after u have destroyed the base u can sit there and just keep getting points cause the train is hitting and destroying stuff cause apparently drivers and such are crash prone. It's a good afkb method that or u can probably reset bases I think

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2021-04-07 at 2:44 AM, jiichangmin said:

update: i think the ones that i found too hard were the pink ones which i don't think are needed for the plat lol

i ended up getting the season pass on sale and the jetpack makes everything in the game a lot easier. i've done a lot of the game now, the side objectives are soo slow and boring. almost there now

Do the pink ones count? I’m going for the plat right now and I’m not too sure if the aerial acrobatics stunts count towards the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2021 at 8:45 PM, vincybwoyjr said:

Do the pink ones count? I’m going for the plat right now and I’m not too sure if the aerial acrobatics stunts count towards the trophy.

Nope they don't. They're probably just a bonus challenge to those that felt the base one's are too easy for them.  Thank god the Avalanche guys didn't add trophies to complete them. That would have made this plat more harder to attain.

Edited by eispan71