Eternal Bonds Trophy

Drahcir7x2

14 hours ago, Drahcir7x2 said:

Anybody figure out a way to make this grindy trophy easier, this seems to be the most difficult trophy. As it requires you to max out bond level to max out all bond skills.

Based on Powerpyx's Guide the fastest way is to grind the Metatron boss you get from a request for 15 to 20 hours. It is a slow, tedious process. I have been grinding this way since Bond level 59 and am on 88 right now. I'm pretty burnt out, but hopefully should finish in the next few days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lake013 said:

Don't know if I'd recommend this due to the time it takes to get in place, but it looks like it was intended for people to get the trophy in merciless difficulty, the dire shadows on that difficulty give waaaay more bond XP.

The dire shadow in the first dungeon gives approx 60,000 xp and has similar weaknesses to Metatron. I've fought my way through to the second one in Sendai (King Snake), it gives 84,600 bond xp per kill and as it's weak to 3 elements (Bless, Fire, and Ice) the kill time is only a little shorter than Metatron for me and I can stun lock it for most of the fight.

tempted to push through to see what the 3rd Dire shadow gives.

How much do the boss rematches give you? The only problem I can see with your dire shadow method is that you can't rematch them.

Also, to anyone doing the Metatron method: do you get more exp for beating him on Hard? I know Easy and Normal get you the same exp.

EDIT: Checked for myself, and no, you don't.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

How much do the boss rematches give you? The only problem I can see with your dire shadow method is that you can't rematch them.

Also, to anyone doing the Metatron method: do you get more exp for beating him on Hard? I know Easy and Normal get you the same exp.

All the regular bosses and mobs give more bond xp than the normal difficulties, but not enough to be worth farming over Metatron, chests are also worthless as they have the same items as normal. That said, incense drops absolutely everywhere on merciless which is nice.

On merciless the dire shadows are in their usual places immediately, drop a different and better weapon than they did on normal and most importantly respawn if you leave and re-enter the dungeon.

bearing in mind it took me a while to get through the story segments, going by the time played on my master file and my last save, in about 4.5 hours I've gone from bond level 69 to 83, at this point i'm gaining a little over a bond level every two fights. Now i'm settled in farming King Snake I'm hoping to knock this out tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lake013 said:

All the regular bosses and mobs give more bond xp than the normal difficulties, but not enough to be worth farming over Metatron, chests are also worthless as they have the same items as normal. That said, incense drops absolutely everywhere on merciless which is nice.

On merciless the dire shadows are in their usual places immediately, drop a different and better weapon than they did on normal and most importantly respawn if you leave and re-enter the dungeon.

bearing in mind it took me a while to get through the story segments, going by the time played on my master file and my last save, in about 4.5 hours I've gone from bond level 69 to 83, at this point i'm gaining a little over a bond level every two fights. Now i'm settled in farming King Snake I'm hoping to knock this out tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for this. I didn't know dire shadows could be rematched. I'm gonna switch to this method now.

I just reached bond level 82. I spent way too much time grinding the metatron method today. I’m surprised I managed to keep at it as long as I did. I also wish there was an easier method, but it seems that’s the best way to level grind...

Edited by whodeygamer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, whodeygamer said:

I just reached bond level 82. I spent way too much time grinding the metatron method today. I’m surprised I managed to keep at it as long as I did. I also wish there was an easier method, but it seems that’s the best way to level grind...

Yeah, I hit 90 yesterday. I hope I push through today and tomorrow and finish this. 

7 hours ago, Drahcir7x2 said:

I've been Farming the Dire Shadows In Sendai at Merciless and it is super worth it. With the right setup & party, it goes down on 4-5 minutes and gives out WAY more than Metatron on Easy.

My Setup

Lucifer (Max Stats)

- Ice Amp

- Ice Boost

- Freeze Boost

- Diamond Dust/Ice Age

- Spell Master

Team: Yusuke, Ann, Sophia

------

Just Cast Diamond Dust/Ice Age till Frozen, then wail on the Snake King until unfrozen, freeze and repeat.

Spend All Non-SP Incense on Yusuke, so that he can be a back-up.

I was just getting by with the Alice i set up for Metatron farming, but this sounds so much better.

How did you get Ice Amp on Lucifer, none of my personas used to fuse Lucifer had it. Did you luck out and get a skill card?

Defeating the Dire Shadow in Okinawa Jail on Merciless Difficulty, it is considered as the best choice to grind BOND EXP (touching Billiken's feet excepted).
Dealing technical damage by using Lucifer's Morning Star, it gives tons of damage and helps you defeat enemies quickly.

• Like 1

Timed it using the PS5 recording tool, and i'm sure there are people out there a lot better at the game then I am who could do it faster.

Farming the Dire shadow in the Sendai jail with Joker takes just under 5 mins a run:

But this required a maxed out lucifer, so I also tried doing it using just the other 3 team members (Fox, Sophia and Panther) and it only took a little bit longer:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lake013 said:

I was just getting by with the Alice i set up for Metatron farming, but this sounds so much better.

How did you get Ice Amp on Lucifer, none of my personas used to fuse Lucifer had it. Did you luck out and get a skill card?

I got Ice Amp on Lucifer through King Frost, before fusing King Frost into Black Frost make sure King Frost learns ALL of his skills, he learns Ice Age and Ice Amp if you level him up past level 70

• Like 3

The way I found the most enjoyable was running through Ng+ Merciless. If you end your first playthrough past level 50 on Bond EXP, by the time you hit the Osaka calling card, you will be a few levels off and as long as you do all requests that have decent exp, like the boss rematches and Oracle requests, you'll have either done it or be really close, in which case, Seth gives 100,000 EXP in Merciless. I only had to rematch Seth once so it was definitely the less grindy option for me and waaaay more fun because of the challenge.

Party members I used throughout were, Wolf, Sophie and Haru (Haru could probably be replaced) and I dumped all incenses into Wolf, apart from Magic and Sp, which either went to Sophie or Joker, and once Wolf maxed on a stat, it went to those two unless it was a St incense, then I decided if it was worth giving to Haru.

Lifesteal is definitely a fun mechanic, my main strategy revolved around it, it was great.

• Like 2

A tip I'd like to add for grinding the Sendai Dire Shadow is to either have a null dizzy passive on your main persona or wear the armor that null's dizzy just incase he gets an attack off because he REALLY likes to dizzy you with every physical hit. I recommend doing the armor instead because honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference in damage from the null dizzy armor vs the best armor you can buy. & even if there was a big difference, it'd get nullified by the fact you'll probably get hit again anyway before you can even stand back up from being dizzy & die anyway. Current at bond lvl 80 & planning to knock out 10 at a time so I don't get too bored out of my mind grinding him over & over again.

This trophy is taking so long. I've been grinding against Metatron and I can usually beat him in 2 minutes combined with Ryuji having Elec Boost + Elec Amp + Shock Boost and Haru using Riot Gun when Metatron is paralyzed with Gun Boost + Gun Amp + Technical Adept which does massive damage and normally almost allows for an instant all out attack. Even with that, at Level 80 Bond it's taking longer and longer to level up making this feel more tedious and draining. I wasn't expecting such a hassle for the final trophy towards the Platinum and even with NG+ I don't fancy having to spend a few hours speeding through to get to a point with a Dire Shadow to grind. 

• Like 1